The repubican party should fight to legalize pot!

You understand there is no sucj thing, right?

There is a roadside test for drugs where they swab the inside of your cheek. First they have to prove that pot is detrimental to your driving.

Really?

Sounds like a roadside test where they ask you to touch your fingers to your nose and walk a straight line for 10 steps.

It's only after you fail the roadside tests that they ask you to blow into a meter.

It is different here in Ireland. They can just give you the breath test.

It think issues like this will continue to turn the political axis - away from the traditional left/right split, toward a libertarian/authoritarian divide.

If and when the Republicans do begin taking liberty seriously, the neo-cons and social conservatives will begin to split off and join the Democrats, who seem to be content taking up the authoritarian cause. Could get interesting.

Yes, it will. I believe many social conservatives see their religious liberty being attacked and will stay in the party. The ability to make changes at the local level will keep them in the fold. The few classic liberals left in the Democratic Party will bolt.

The libertarian republican stances on foreign policy and military spending will be the savior of social security, snatching a few more voters from the dems.

If we stick to the Constitution and kick the neocons to the curb, all will be well.

This sort of evolution has always been the hope of people like Ron Paul, but I've had my doubts. It's at least beginning to look possible now, especially as the Democrats get more and more comfortable throwing their weight around.

Is that not crazy with MJ being a schedule 1 drug? Marijuana and heroin are not even on the same page...not even close, yet they're rated in the same catagory!

c'mon

many judges throw out weed possession charges.

Most weed convictions are for selling large amounts.

Actually..................not really..................

I was arrested (and spent about a week in jail) for having around 3 grams of pot on me.

Wasn't thrown out, but rather convicted.

Yeah........................I've got a record.

too bad.what led up to it? Did you piss off the cop? Resist arrest? Act like an ass in court? In this neck of the woods the judge throws out the small amount charges.

BTW

I watched your vid. Nowhere did it say that minorities were targeted and the GOP responsible. Your claims are just as ridiculous as the anti-pot propaganda.

c'mon

I was arrested (and spent about a week in jail) for having around 3 grams of pot on me.

too bad.what led up to it? Did you piss off the cop? Resist arrest? Act like an ass in court? In this neck of the woods the judge throws out the small amount charges.

That's exactly the kind of power these kinds of laws give government - which is why they are loathe to give them up. They can't, and generally don't, enforce them uniformly. They keep them in their back pocket as a tool to bully people who 'piss them off'.

POT may be the most valuable and effective and the only NON-TOXIC materia medica known to man.

Naturally in this land build on lies, it is demonized by the medical mafia

That's exactly the kind of power these kinds of laws give government - which is why they are loathe to give them up. They can't, and generally don't, enforce them uniformly. They keep them in their back pocket as a tool to bully people who 'piss them off'.
Very true. Something that most people do not seem to understand. We have so many laws today that you are guaranteed to be breaking several of them every day no matter how carful you are.
Did you really think we want those laws observed? said Dr. Ferris. We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system

It think issues like this will continue to turn the political axis - away from the traditional left/right split, toward a libertarian/authoritarian divide.

If and when the Republicans do begin taking liberty seriously, the neo-cons and social conservatives will begin to split off and join the Democrats, who seem to be content taking up the authoritarian cause. Could get interesting.

Yes, it will. I believe many social conservatives see their religious liberty being attacked and will stay in the party. The ability to make changes at the local level will keep them in the fold. The few classic liberals left in the Democratic Party will bolt.

The libertarian republican stances on foreign policy and military spending will be the savior of social security, snatching a few more voters from the dems.

If we stick to the Constitution and kick the neocons to the curb, all will be well.

This sort of evolution has always been the hope of people like Ron Paul, but I've had my doubts. It's at least beginning to look possible now, especially as the Democrats get more and more comfortable throwing their weight around.

I fear that the more the democrats throw their weight around the LESS likely that a party shift will occur. The problem is that people vote against the other guy rather than for the one they want. As the dems become easier to demonize, the republicans look better even if they keep all their warts. The real sad part is that people will simply vote the Devil in to avoid voting Satan in.

What we really need is a strong democrat party so that the republicans have a real enemy to be compared to. Real competition would require that they either clean up or disperse into nothing. Unfortunately, I do not see that as happening or even remotely likely.

c'mon

BTW

I watched your vid. Nowhere did it say that minorities were targeted and the GOP responsible. Your claims are just as ridiculous as the anti-pot propaganda.

Never said it was the GOP that was targeting minorities (i.e. Blacks and Hispanics) at that time. I said it was an FBI agent named Anslinger who was racist that managed to get pot made illegal, because he hated Blacks and Hispanics and was looking for a way to lock them up, and since they were the main consumers of cannabis, he made it illegal.

BTW

Never said it was the GOP that was targeting minorities (i.e. Blacks and Hispanics) at that time. I said it was an FBI agent named Anslinger who was racist that managed to get pot made illegal, because he hated Blacks and Hispanics and was looking for a way to lock them up, and since they were the main consumers of cannabis, he made it illegal.
FBI agents don't make laws. Missed that part, did you?

BTW

Guess you missed the whole point of lobbying. It's to get people in the government to think as you do.

Anslinger was a great lobbyist..................shit................he even managed to get Hollywood to make a stupid movie (which incidentally did NOT show what really happens when you smoke pot, called "Reefer Madness"), and showed it to not only Congress, but to the world.

BTW.......................if lobbyists (like Anslinger was) don't help to make laws, wanna explain the current crisis that is happening with the banks?

Guess you missed the whole point of lobbying. It's to get people in the government to think as you do.

Anslinger was a great lobbyist..................shit................he even managed to get Hollywood to make a stupid movie (which incidentally did NOT show what really happens when you smoke pot, called "Reefer Madness"), and showed it to not only Congress, but to the world.

BTW.......................if lobbyists (like Anslinger was) don't help to make laws, wanna explain the current crisis that is happening with the banks?

I didnt realize lobbyists made laws either.
What crisis are you referring to?

I didnt realize lobbyists made laws either.
What crisis are you referring to?

There is always another bogyman to take the blame, never the one that actually takes the action….

Forum List

Back