The repubican party should fight to legalize pot!

The republican party must fight to legalize pot! Right now we're using tens of thousand of police to enforce a stupid law!

Want smaller government? Well, here you go. I say legalize it.:eusa_hand:

First mistake, thinking Republicans want smaller govt. Sure they say it but their actions are different.

Second mistake, thinking that Republicans actually value personal freedom. Sure they say it but their actions are different

Third Mistake, Republicans are super emotional and weed scares them. The Patriot act is what we get when Repubs are scared. Logic wont work on them. They'll lump entire populations into being "druggies" with bad habits. Why? Fear and they've been told to believe it. Nothing else

How's that repeal of the Patriot Act working out five years into your king's reign? Not only did he not repeal it, he's expanded upon it.

Not good once you give power its almost impossible to take it away. Another lesson the GOP ignored because they were scared and gave it all away for "security". Liberals warned it would happen but those Mooslims had you shitting your depends

The republican party must fight to legalize pot! Right now we're using tens of thousand of police to enforce a stupid law!

Want smaller government? Well, here you go. I say legalize it.:eusa_hand:

That's an interesting angle. Legalize crime to decrease the size of government.

How is it crime? Drinking and smoking cigs are just as bad. Come to reality.

It is crime, because it is indeed illegal...

For the uses of it that are 'beneficial', there is already a product that gives the medicinal qualities without the detrimental ones (Marinol)

If you wish to make alcohol and cigs illegal, that is a whole other subject and can of worms..

But to legalize something else, and set precedent to make other harmful things legal that are now illegal, is not the proper move to make

Advocating for smaller government does not mean reducing criminal laws and bringing about an 'if it feels good, do it' mantra

Legalize pot, heroin, coke and tax the hell out of it for rehab uses.

Government is going to pay for rehab, at least fund the damn thing, get the bad crap off the streets and allow drug stores to sell it.

And what will society look like when the majority is using coke and heroin for rehab at the Taxpayer's expense? Sorry... Not interested.

See daves Emotional Logic

Why is weed bad?
Dave: Cause it's illegal
Why is weed illegal?
Dave: Cause it's bad..

Makes no sense whatsoever

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Certainly doesn't make any sense. Throwing tens of thousands of people into prison for smoking a leaf doesn't make any sense at all! We should be focusing our resources on violent crimes...

These idiots don't want us to do anything in life...These are the same kinds of people that banned drinking earlier in the 20th century. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Certainly doesn't make any sense. Throwing tens of thousands of people into prison for smoking a leaf doesn't make any sense at all! We should be focusing our resources on violent crimes...

These idiots don't want us to do anything in life...These are the same kinds of people that banned drinking earlier in the 20th century. :eusa_eh:
Because if you're not free to smoke dope and drive around, what are you free to do??

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Did I use that line of logic??

No

I said it is a crime because it is against the law

I did not label anything good or bad because that is subjective.. a pot head will tout it as good.. a health nut will tout it as bad...

I stated that making something legal, that is currently illegal, for the sheer purpose of intoxication (because the positive medical benefits are already taken care of with an existing product) is not a good precedent

I also stated that being for 'smaller government' does not mean advocating the abandonment of criminal law

But nice try

We legalized alcohol then spent the next 60 years finding ways to make it illegal.

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

No

I did not label anything good or bad because that is subjective.. a pot head will tout it as good.. a health nut will tout it as bad...

I stated that making something legal, that is currently illegal, for the sheer purpose of intoxication (because the positive medical benefits are already taken care of with an existing product) is not a good precedent

I also stated that being for 'smaller government' does not mean advocating the abandonment of criminal law

But nice try

Everyone knows the bolded Dave. You just cant seem to form your own opinions or use any sort of logic.

Why do you think it's illegal?

I think you are refusing to go down the line of questions for fear of running out of fresh bullshit.

I would ask if you were willing to answer: Why do you think it's illegal? Why is feeling good wrong ONLY with weed and not other products? How do you justify jailing people for this non violent crime?

But you wont answer because your answers would paint you into the corner labeled "Just Because". You don't want it legalized "just because".

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Then why stop there?? Why not meth?? Why not coca leaves?? Why not opium?? Why not public masturbation into a sock?

To focus on 'violent' crimes, why not stop enforcing speeding or traffic laws? Why not legalize slander? Why not legalize all sorts of other things that are not 'violent'? We gotta focus on the 'violent crimes' after all :rolleyes:

Law enforcement can actually enforce more than one type of crime.. the courts can try more than one type of crime.. and the prison system can house more than one type of criminal

So... by your 'logic' since I am for keeping the status quo on illegal substances, I am then the same as being for the expansion of illegal substances like they did with alcohol prohibition?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
First mistake, thinking Republicans want smaller govt. Sure they say it but their actions are different.

Second mistake, thinking that Republicans actually value personal freedom. Sure they say it but their actions are different

Third Mistake, Republicans are super emotional and weed scares them. The Patriot act is what we get when Repubs are scared. Logic wont work on them. They'll lump entire populations into being "druggies" with bad habits. Why? Fear and they've been told to believe it. Nothing else

How's that repeal of the Patriot Act working out five years into your king's reign? Not only did he not repeal it, he's expanded upon it.

Not good once you give power its almost impossible to take it away. Another lesson the GOP ignored because they were scared and gave it all away for "security". Liberals warned it would happen but those Mooslims had you shitting your depends

No, I've never feared Muslims because I'm a very rational person who understands that I'm more likely to be stabbed by a pothead looking for money, than blown up by a terrorist... It really is that simple.

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Because if you're not free to smoke dope and drive around, what are you free to do??

Just like drinking and driving you won't be able to do that. We should treat it the same way.

Just like drinking and driving you won't be able to do that. We should treat it the same way.

But people are able to drink and drive as long as the States allow something more than 0% on a breathalyzer or blood test. The entire DUI/DWI Laws are contradictory, and they always have been.

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

Then why stop there?? Why not meth?? Why not coca leaves?? Why not opium?? Why not public masturbation into a sock?

To focus on 'violent' crimes, why not stop enforcing speeding or traffic laws? Why not legalize slander? Why not legalize all sorts of other things that are not 'violent'? We gotta focus on the 'violent crimes' after all :rolleyes:

Law enforcement can actually enforce more than one type of crime.. the courts can try more than one type of crime.. and the prison system can house more than one type of criminal

So... by your 'logic' since I am for keeping the status quo on illegal substances, I am then the same as being for the expansion of illegal substances like they did with alcohol prohibition?? :rolleyes:

Wow talk about taking an argument to ridiculous extremes!

Keep up the good work Dave.

Except we have no way to test for marijuana levels the way we do for alcohol.
Oops.

No, I've never feared Muslims because I'm a very rational person who understands that I'm more likely to be stabbed by a pothead looking for money, than blown up by a terrorist... It really is that simple.

It is that simple since its a lie. You're more likely to get wisked away by a Dragon than get stabbed by a weed head.

I would ask you what stats you are referring to about weed violence but you have none. Again showing you have no reason to be against legalization except "because I want it to be, and by golly that's enough reason"

Why is weed bad?
Why is weed illegal?

No

But nice try

Everyone knows the bolded Dave. You just cant seem to form your own opinions or use any sort of logic.

Why do you think it's illegal?

I think you are refusing to go down the line of questions for fear of running out of fresh bullshit.

I would ask if you were willing to answer: Why do you think it's illegal? Why is feeling good wrong ONLY with weed and not other products? How do you justify jailing people for this non violent crime?

But you wont answer because your answers would paint you into the corner labeled "Just Because". You don't want it legalized "just because".

Various reasons WHY.. and none of that really matters..everyone will have an opinion on it ranging from a conspiracy theory to public health.. because people will read more into it than what was stated as the reason by the law makers

How do you justify people in jail for OTHER 'non-violent' crimes then?? Do you only lump this in because you happen to LIKE the intoxication of weed??

I gave you the EXACT reason why.. bad precedent for legalizing purely for the use of intoxication when the 'good' benefits are already available in a product is bad precedent.. you open up a huge can of worms with things like I mentioned (coca leaves, opium, etc)... PRECEDENT MEANS A LOT... do I think weed is overly bad? No.. maybe a bit more bad than tobacco and alcohol... but less bad than other illegal drugs.. but that is a SUBJECTIVE scale...

I will put it in these terms.. since it is illegal, I support keeping it illegal because there is no real positive benefit to changing the status... IF it were legal, would I champion making it ILLEGAL?? No... Because the existing negatives are not overly negative to a huge extent beyond alcohol and tobacco.. and IMHO if you would change the status from legal to illegal for one of those, you would have to do it for all of them... IF there were a medical benefit coming from pot that WERE NOT available in the marinol form, and there was a regulated and tested delivery method (smoking is NEVER an approved method for ANY drug as it is inaccurate and harmful), I would probably support medical pot.. but since there is not, I do not...

You want to smoke weed.. knock yourself out... I personally do not care whether you think it is good or not, just be prepared to pay the piper when/if caught...

Wow talk about taking an argument to ridiculous extremes!

Keep up the good work Dave.

Excuse me?? MATTHEW was the one giving the reasoning 'to focus on violent crimes'... I showed the ridiculousness of this stupid argument...

Law enforcement, the legal system, and the courts can indeed handle enforcing more than one type of crime

Forum List

Back