The Republican Tax Cut Myth

The boomers have doomed future generations to debt slavery. Nothing is going to prevent that future at this point. They've fucked us good and hard, and they're going to get away with it. It's sad, but we just have to accept that America will never be the country it once was. We are falling behind the rest of the developed world in almost every arena of consequence.

Why the GOP believes in a decades-old tax myth

I've seen this movie before.

Republicans claim tax cuts for the rich will stimulate the economy and pay for themselves.

Then they enact this crank policy and it blows a big hole in the deficit and the economy spirals into a recession.

Reagan did this in the early 1980s and the economy immediately tanked while the deficit exploded. He was forced to agree to tax increases which his administration called "revenue enhancements."

Bush jr. did this in the early 2000s. The economy immediately went into a slight recession, then entered a near depression a few years later, while the deficit exploded.

Kansas tried this just a few years ago. Now, they can't afford to keep their schools open and the state's economy grew at a slower pace than all of their neighboring states where taxes were not cut so severely.

Republicans try this over and over and over and it never works. Tax cuts never pay for themselves.

Yet, they are going to try it again.

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results? Isn't it the definition of insanity?

Republicans claim tax cuts for the rich will stimulate the economy and pay for themselves.

They stimulate the economy.
They don't pay for themselves.

Cut taxes now.

Then they enact this crank policy and it blows a big hole in the deficit and the economy spirals into a recession.

Lower taxes and deficits cause recession? Are you sure?

They don't cause recessions. But lower taxes do not stimulate the economy and they never have. Whenever Republicans cut taxes we end up in a recession. That proves cutting taxes doesn't stimulate the economy.

But lower taxes do not stimulate the economy and they never have.

Why do you feel that?

Whenever Republicans cut taxes we end up in a recession.

There is a business cycle. Recessions happen. Why do you feel tax cuts cause them?
Walk through the steps.

Facts and history show tax cuts do not stimulate the economy. I'm 55 years old and I remember this happened. Reagan cut taxes, yet economic growth was lower in the 1980s than it was in the 1970s and 1990s when taxes were increased. Bush jr. cut taxes and we all know what happened by the end of his term.

BTW, try reading what I wrote. I specifically wrote "they (tax cuts) don't cause recessions." Here, I will repeat it again...Tax cuts don't cause recessions. But cutting taxes never prevents recessions which proves they do not stimulate the economy.

Facts and history show tax cuts do not stimulate the economy.

Except for Coolidge, LBJ, Reagan and GWB.

I specifically wrote "they (tax cuts) don't cause recessions."

You said Republicans cut taxes and we end up in a recession.
If there is no causation, why try to link them?

We had recessions before we had income taxes.
Do you feel the lack of an income tax caused those recessions?

But cutting taxes never prevents recessions

Nothing prevents recessions.
It's a business cycle.

If tax cuts are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles. But they never have.

Cut taxes now.

They don't cause recessions. But lower taxes do not stimulate the economy and they never have. Whenever Republicans cut taxes we end up in a recession. That proves cutting taxes doesn't stimulate the economy.

Why do you feel that?

There is a business cycle. Recessions happen. Why do you feel tax cuts cause them?
Walk through the steps.

Facts and history show tax cuts do not stimulate the economy. I'm 55 years old and I remember this happened. Reagan cut taxes, yet economic growth was lower in the 1980s than it was in the 1970s and 1990s when taxes were increased. Bush jr. cut taxes and we all know what happened by the end of his term.

BTW, try reading what I wrote. I specifically wrote "they (tax cuts) don't cause recessions." Here, I will repeat it again...Tax cuts don't cause recessions. But cutting taxes never prevents recessions which proves they do not stimulate the economy.

It's a business cycle.

If tax cuts are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles. But they never have.

If tax cuts are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles.

What a perfectly silly claim.

If government deficits are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles.
But they never have.

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

It's a business cycle.

If tax cuts are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles.

If government deficits are supposed to stimulate the economy, they should prevent the down business cycles.
But they never have.

Silly is anyone who still believes in supply side economics. We just had the Kansas experiment among many other failures.

A quick refresher: Kansas's Republican Governor Sam Brownback pushed through a substantial change in the state tax code, centered around lowering rates. He promised it would lead to more growth, tax revenue and jobs. Instead, there have been persistent tax revenue shortfalls, huge spending cuts and disappointing job creation. As my Bloomberg View colleague Justin Fox wrote, Kansas is badly lagging its neighbors, all of which have similar economies. Even worse, people (especially young people) are fleeing the state. Kansas was one of the highest outbound migration states in 2014, 2015 and 2016. 1 The vast majority of people who have moved out were either transferring when their companies left or were seeking employment elsewhere.

The Kansas Supply-Side Experiment Unravels

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

It's a business cycle.

But they never have.

Silly is anyone who still believes in supply side economics. We just had the Kansas experiment among many other failures.

A quick refresher: Kansas's Republican Governor Sam Brownback pushed through a substantial change in the state tax code, centered around lowering rates. He promised it would lead to more growth, tax revenue and jobs. Instead, there have been persistent tax revenue shortfalls, huge spending cuts and disappointing job creation. As my Bloomberg View colleague Justin Fox wrote, Kansas is badly lagging its neighbors, all of which have similar economies. Even worse, people (especially young people) are fleeing the state. Kansas was one of the highest outbound migration states in 2014, 2015 and 2016. 1 The vast majority of people who have moved out were either transferring when their companies left or were seeking employment elsewhere.

Silly is anyone who still believes in supply side economics.

I know, tax rates have absolutely no impact on behavior. DERP!

It's a business cycle.

But they never have.

Sure didn't help Kansas. Oh and those Bush tax cuts sure led to prosperity. And well Reagan just tripled the debt right?

View attachment 158169

Reagan did this in the early 1980s and the economy immediately tanked while the deficit exploded. He was forced to agree to tax increases which his administration called "revenue enhancements."

Bush jr. did this in the early 2000s. The economy immediately went into a slight recession, then entered a near depression a few years later, while the deficit exploded.

Kansas tried this just a few years ago. Now, they can't afford to keep their schools open and the state's economy grew at a slower pace than all of their neighboring states where taxes were not cut so severely.

Republicans try this over and over and over and it never works. Tax cuts never pay for themselves.

What do they say about doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results? Isn't it the definition of insanity?

The Left Wingers are unable to connect the dots on economic issues.
They can't show cause and effect.
They attempt to use lame time-line logic to explain economic issues.
They hate rich people, but everyone wants to be rich.
Even the dumb liberal crackpots want to be rich.
They think taxes are great as long as they do not have to pay them.
Trump pays zero federal tax

Freeloader

Cut taxes now.

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

You are a GASLIGHTER!

Tell us, what was Reagans economic expansion numbers? Also tell us, NOT what the deficit was.......because that is related to spending as much as income......but rather, did the receipts to the treasury go UP, or did they go DOWN, and by how much, lol.

And I know, YOU already know the answer, that is why I called you a gaslighter. But, if you really do NOT know the answer, you don't belong in here misleading the people. In essence, if you already do NOT know the answer and just are spouting a narrative, like all far leftists, you are INCOMPETENT, IRRELEVANT, and IMMATERIAL! Go away, and let the people who actually KNOW what is going on discuss it, Mr. WET BEHIND THE EARS!

Cut taxes now.

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

You are a GASLIGHTER!

Tell us, what was Reagans economic expansion numbers? Also tell us, NOT what the deficit was.......because that is related to spending as much as income......but rather, did the receipts to the treasury go UP, or did they go DOWN, and by how much, lol.

And I know, YOU already know the answer, that is why I called you a gaslighter. But, if you really do NOT know the answer, you don't belong in here misleading the people. In essence, if you already do NOT know the answer and just are spouting a narrative, like all far leftists, you are INCOMPETENT, IRRELEVANT, and IMMATERIAL! Go away, and let the people who actually KNOW what is going on discuss it, Mr. WET BEHIND THE EARS!
Was the growth due to tax cuts, or all that spending? He did triple the debt, all that military spending went to corporations...

Cut taxes now.

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

You are a GASLIGHTER!

Was the growth due to tax cuts, or all that spending? He did triple the debt, all that military spending went to corporations...
Tell us the numbers! How much money did the government take in for 1988 as opposed to 1980?

Don't like those numbers? Try the Kennedy numbers-)

Don't like those? Try the GW numbers?

Frustrated yet? Then try the Coolidge numbers!

Show everyone on this board how tax cuts COST the government money, and then we will have a debate. Until that time, you are just lying through your leftist derriere, and have no leg to stand on. You are just making it up, and hoping like hell nobody catches you!

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

You are a GASLIGHTER!

Tell us the numbers! How much money did the government take in for 1988 as opposed to 1980?

Show everyone on this board how tax cuts COST the government money, and then we will have a debate. Until that time, you are just lying through your leftist derriere, and have no leg to stand on. You are just making it up, and hoping like hell nobody catches you!
Reagan tripled the debt. GW about doubled the debt. Both spent a lot on military.... When has tax cuts not increased the debt?

The boomers have doomed future generations to debt slavery. Nothing is going to prevent that future at this point. They've fucked us good and hard, and they're going to get away with it. It's sad, but we just have to accept that America will never be the country it once was. We are falling behind the rest of the developed world in almost every arena of consequence.

Dude, DUDE! The boomers didn't screw you; the politicians did! They made promises to get re-elected into power, that were pie in the sky. I do not get it; really I do not! They promised this stuff, and said it will all be ok. Now you have more of these critters doing the same thing, and people STILL believe them.

Let me ask----------->who believes we can take in millions of people that are illegal, give them freebies, but it doesn't cost the taxpayers a cent? Is there ANYBODY DUMBE enough to believe that this is a good idea?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Why do you feel that?

Walk through the steps.

You are a GASLIGHTER!

Reagan tripled the debt. GW about doubled the debt. Both spent a lot on military.... When has tax cuts not increased the debt?

You are an IDIOT! The deficit has NOTHING to do with how much money was brought in, but rather, how much money was SPENT! If I give you a 50% raise, but you increase your spending by 75%, you are losing money also.

Look it up! You are blowing smoke! The tax cuts not only did NOT cost a dime, the revenue actually INCREASED by a significant amount! It was just as usual, you give a LEFTY congress a windfall, they got to SPEND it, and more!

But, in fairness...............Reagan DID spend a lot on the military. Fortunately for Clinton, after he put the USSR out of business, Clinton LOWERED defense spending significantly, which is how he and Newt actually got very close to balancing the books.

I say good for BJ Clinton, good for Newt, good for America. Lets do it again!

You are a GASLIGHTER!

You are an IDIOT! The deficit has NOTHING to do with how much money was brought in, but rather, how much money was SPENT! If I give you a 50% raise, but you increase your spending by 75%, you are losing money also.

Look it up! You are blowing smoke! The tax cuts not only did NOT cost a dime, the revenue actually INCREASED by a significant amount! It was just as usual, you give a LEFTY congress a windfall, they got to SPEND it, and more!

But, in fairness...............Reagan DID spend a lot on the military. Fortunately for Clinton, after he put the USSR out of business, Clinton LOWERED defense spending significantly, which is how he and Newt actually got very close to balancing the books.

I say good for BJ Clinton, good for Newt, good for America. Lets do it again!

So how do you know that revenue increase wasn't funded by the spending? If sales increase for a defense contractor, don't they pay more in taxes? Again, show me when a tax cut has ever reduced the debt.

I think we need to do like Clinton and Newt again also.

View attachment 158169

Freeloader
View attachment 158169

Freeloader
Show us. Liar.

^ Exhibit A why Progressive economies have a 100% Guarantee Fail

It's a business cycle.

But they never have.

Sure didn't help Kansas. Oh and those Bush tax cuts sure led to prosperity. And well Reagan just tripled the debt right?

Yeah, Reagan added $1.6 trillion to the debt and beat the Evil Empire.
Obama added $9.3 trillion and made the world worse.

But, hey, he was kinda black, eh comrade?

But they never have.

Yeah and Reagan was 37 years ago. The dollar wasn't then what it is now. He tripled the debt. Bush just about doubled the debt. Go tax cuts.

But they never have.

Yeah and Reagan was 37 years ago. The dollar wasn't then what it is now. He tripled the debt. Bush just about doubled the debt. Go tax cuts.

Obama raised taxes, had an awesome fucking economy and STILL added $9.3 trillion to the debt. DERP!

Forum List

Back