The Right To Bear Arms

5ab3d35d1f0000270616b2b0.jpeg

Fed-Up Parkland Students Featured On Time Magazine Cover

Congress Banned Assault Weapons Once Before. We Can Do It Again.

It is easy to get discouraged, but standing up to the National Rifle Association isn’t an impossible feat.

Bless the kids! I believe the NRA has finally met its match.

I cherish my guns - but I'm not worried about these kids trying to take them away. They just want responsible and reasonable gun controls - like most responsible gun owners.

Something like this is what I've feared for some time. I've said for many years that the NRA is the greatest threat to my future gun rights. Their never-give-an-inch attitude must change - or the kids will change them.

These kids want sensible gun control just like most responsible gun owners want.

Ban assault weapons. Ban high-capacity magazines. Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Accurate up-to-date enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

If NRA gun nuts don't back off - we may end up with severe gun control and a national gun registry.

It's sadly funny that the Justice Department is reportedly going to ban bump stocks. What kind of retards allowed them to be legal in the first place? I realize that bump stocks are easy to replicate - but the penalty for using them should be severe.

73 TEENS GUNNED DOWN SINCE PARKLAND

our forefathers in the 2nd amendment had muskets on their minds ,,, not these terrible weapons of mass destruction

What did the "assault weapons" ban accomplish in the past? Nothing, so let us do it again! Yep, makes perfect sense to a progressive.

You are grossly misinformed. Do some credible research on the ban.

Ban assault weapons.
What the fuck is an assault weapon? How that is defined is critical and is often way too restrictive because those defining it don't know the first thing about guns.

If you mean semi-automatics, you are banning about 80% of all civilian arms.

If you mean assault RIFLES, those that can be purchased by civilians are so limited in supply that one must be fairly wealthy to legally purchase one, so it is effectively already banned.

Ban high-capacity magazines.
How much is a high-capacity magazine?

That is proven to be less of an issue:

Universal background checks. Address mental health, domestic abuse and reporting issues. Accurate up-to-date enhanced National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
I don't think very many people will oppose this.

If NRA gun nuts don't back off - we may end up with severe gun control and a national gun registry.
Or, we could push for complete repeal and walk the streets open carrying belt-fed machine guns. Or, civil war.

That's a weak-ass threat and it has more of a chance of backfiring on you than us.

in whose minds was giving the mentally ill the ok to buy guns a good idea ?? Are ALL republicans sick?

When have Republicans EVER advocated for the mentally ill to own guns?

Search Results
Trump ended rule to block mentally ill from getting guns - ABC News
abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-ended-rule-block-mentally-ill-guns/story?id...
Feb 15, 2018 - President Donald Trump has often pointed to mental illness as the underlying cause for mass shootings, but one of his earliest actions as president was to undo a regulation that would have made it more difficult for people with a known mental illness to buy guns.

in whose minds was giving the mentally ill the ok to buy guns a good idea ?? Are ALL republicans sick?

Search Results
Feb 15, 2018 - President Donald Trump has often pointed to mental illness as the underlying cause for mass shootings, but one of his earliest actions as president was to undo a regulation that would have made it more difficult for people with a known mental illness to buy guns.

Swish. That was a clear violation of due process.

On this issue, Donald Trump believes in the Constitution, you don't

Search Results

Oh, I'm SO glad you brought that up. As even a cursory investigation of Trump's decision - which rescinded a rule that had never taken effect, just FYI - would show, that was about protecting the Constitutional right to due process under the 4th Amendment, not about letting mentally ill people have guns. Someone should have told you before now that simply SAYING a bill or executive order does something doesn't mean it actually DOES it, and doing it by ignoring legal procedures and people's civil rights is not the right way to go about it.

Forum List

Back