The rightwing has now embraced Keynesian economics

The government benefits provided by the CARES act has boosted consumer spending and helped dull the GDP recession. Hell Fox News is acknowledging this shit.

Remember when Obama extended unemployment benefits and republicans said it did nothing to help the economy? They were wrong then because it helped reverse the Bush recession. We’ve had job growth EVER SINCE.

We liberals were ahead of the curve on this. We said boosting consumer spending was key to a good economy all along.

No Billy, I don't remember that at all.

Just think, the flow of money is money flowed, who'd have imagined?

Where Billy misses the boat is something for nothing is poor practice. Of course PROGS like entitlements, they're AWESOME. In the end rewards without merit is con-science, con-history, con-species, con-nature, con-economics and con-mathematics. And shit leaves the country because it's cheaper without O'bummercare and PROG-taxes.

Remember when Obama extended unemployment benefits and republicans said it did nothing to help the economy?

Extend unemployment benefits too long and you slow down the recovery of jobs.
When benefits end, people finally decide to get a job. Every time.
People are making more money on unemployment that they would working. Some of my friends are working part time and making an extra few thousand a month over what they would have made at their regular work week.
This is wrong. Open the country. Put people back in their jobs. End the stimulus.

Remember when Obama extended unemployment benefits and republicans said it did nothing to help the economy?
Obama didn’t do that so your point isn’t relevant.

99 weeks wasn't too long? You're an idiot.
Up from 49 weeks idiot.

The government benefits provided by the CARES act has boosted consumer spending and helped dull the GDP recession. Hell Fox News is acknowledging this shit.

Remember when Obama extended unemployment benefits and republicans said it did nothing to help the economy? They were wrong then because it helped reverse the Bush recession. We’ve had job growth EVER SINCE.

We liberals were ahead of the curve on this. We said boosting consumer spending was key to a good economy all along.

Let's be clear.

You are not anywhere near being a "liberal"

Liberals are thoughtful, tolerant, and good critical thinkers.

You are full of shit.

You are a fucking left winger.....

There is a huge difference.

Up from 49 weeks idiot.

Yeah, 99 weeks is too fucking long, stupid twat.

Up from 49 weeks idiot.

No it isn’t. You just don’t understand what recessions are.

Republicans are consistent at being wrong.

:fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu::fu:

First off the 2 situations aren’t even remotely comparable. I shouldn’t have to mention this you dumb fucks. But alas, on one hand you have lenders and banks making FUBAR business decisions giving out subpar loans knowing full well the people they’re lending too have little to no means of paying them back. Why did they do this? Because they knew they could turn around and sell the loans right away to government and government backed entities, because the left said it would be racist not to do it. Granted multiple parties are to blame in this situation, including the republicans who were ok with this process.....that being said the blame is not at all spread evenly. Obviously a crash resulted, but instead of letting free market capitalism take over and allow this business practice, and the bloated non-profitable business that were relying on them naturally die off, we decided to unnaturally prop them up and give them trillions of dollars, much to the chagrin of basically everyone on the right and left not in DC or Wall Street. Despite it being an absolutely bonkers business practice where the only obvious progression would be a crash.

The other situation is the government literally telling businesses they cannot operate indefinitely. Are you seeing the difference yet? That doesn’t mean it’s a good policy. It is for sure creating bubbles. But if there’s ever a time to unnaturally prop up businesses and markets, it’d most certainly be the when government is unnaturally shutting a vast proportion of them down. The 2 aren’t even close to comparable situations. One would give you a crash in a specific, granted have effects on other markets, but then free up money for business not practicing bat-shit crazy practices to take their place, instead of propping up already dying and unprofitable business models for many years after they should be buried and gone. The other situation without aid would produce an all out crash of many different markets, all intertwined and linked with basically everything else. So which do you want, the crash across the board/markets, or another bubble that will hopefully slowly deflate?

First off the 2 situations aren’t even remotely comparable. I shouldn’t have to mention this you dumb fucks. But alas, on one hand you have lenders and banks making FUBAR business decisions giving out subpar loans knowing full well the people they’re lending too have little to no means of paying them back. Why did they do this? Because they knew they could turn around and sell the loans right away to government and government backed entities, because the left said it would be racist not to do it. Granted multiple parties are to blame in this situation, including the republicans who were ok with this process.....that being said the blame is not at all spread evenly. Obviously a crash resulted, but instead of letting free market capitalism take over and allow this business practice, and the bloated non-profitable business that were relying on them naturally die off, we decided to unnaturally prop them up and give them trillions of dollars, much to the chagrin of basically everyone on the right and left not in DC or Wall Street. Despite it being an absolutely bonkers business practice where the only obvious progression would be a crash.

The other situation is the government literally telling businesses they cannot operate indefinitely. Are you seeing the difference yet? That doesn’t mean it’s a good policy. It is for sure creating bubbles. But if there’s ever a time to unnaturally prop up businesses and markets, it’d most certainly be the when government is unnaturally shutting a vast proportion of them down. The 2 aren’t even close to comparable situations. One would give you a crash in a specific, granted have effects on other markets, but then free up money for business not practicing bat-shit crazy practices to take their place, instead of propping up already dying and unprofitable business models for many years after they should be buried and gone. The other situation without aid would produce an all out crash of many different markets, all intertwined and linked with basically everything else. So which do you want, the crash across the board/markets, or another bubble that will hopefully slowly deflate?
Ugh you’re so fucking stupid. You don’t know what the hell youre saying. This is all about a boost to unemployment benefits. All that other bullshit you’re saying is irrelevant. Stop pretending you know what you’re talking about. You’re just making shit up.

Up from 49 weeks idiot.

I know what a recession is and I know 99 weeks of unemployment do more harm than good.
And I know you're a stupid twat.

Up from 49 weeks idiot.

I know what a recession is and I know 99 weeks of unemployment do more harm than good.
And I know you're a stupid twat.
Well your point is moot because people returned to work while the extension was going on. The recession ended a few months later and there has been job growth ever since.

Keynes never even liked America. he thought it was too hot, and there weren't enough birds in the countryside. he also didn't like Americans personally

what irony, my friends!

Jesus H Christ you people couldn't see the forest for the trees if a Redwood sprouted from your ass.

Nobody have ever claimed that a sudden influx of cash doesn't stimulate an economy. Ever had a credit card? You can go and buy all kinds of cool shit when you get one. The problem is the bill eventually comes due you fucking retard.

I swear the biggest problem in this country is that mental midgets like you have the right to vote. You people are so fucking devoid of common sense it's no wonder we're in the mess we're in.

“When I argued with him, I felt that I took my life in my hands, and I seldom emerged without feeling something of a fool.”

Bertrand Russell on Keynes

Jesus H Christ you people couldn't see the forest for the trees if a Redwood sprouted from your ass.

Nobody have ever claimed that a sudden influx of cash doesn't stimulate an economy. Ever had a credit card? You can go and buy all kinds of cool shit when you get one. The problem is the bill eventually comes due you fucking retard.

I swear the biggest problem in this country is that mental midgets like you have the right to vote. You people are so fucking devoid of common sense it's no wonder we're in the mess we're in.
Yes you idiots did. You have always maintained Obama’s stimulus failed even though it didn’t lol

Last edited:
"Even apart from the instability due to speculation, there is the instability due to the characteristic of human nature that a large proportion of our positive activities depend on spontaneous optimism rather than mathematical expectations, whether moral or hedonistic or economic. Most, probably, of our decisions to do something positive, the full consequences of which will be drawn out over many days to come, can only be taken as the result of animal spirits—a spontaneous urge to action rather than inaction, and not as the outcome of a weighted average of quantitative benefits multiplied by quantitative probabilities" - Keynes

was this guy an economist or a before-his-time hippie?

Forum List

Back