The second nurse airlifted to Emory you aren't going to believe your eyes

Dr. Jahrling, who has worked with ebola for decades, says that airborne is generally less infectious anyway. He says what is frightening is that the virus appears to have mutated to carry a heavier viral load.

The point is, it mutates. It's exceedingly virulent, it's exceedingly deadly. He is guarded but thinks it will sink back down into the animal population again (as it has in the past, this is what I think as well). If it doesn't mutate into something else. Which it can. But he knows it can do a lot of damage before it does.

BTW, it always comes from the animal population and he says it's coming from several different routes.
The cold mutates too. Several times in a season I believe. The point is that its something we need to be concerned about but we dont need to panic people. Putting out bad information can get people killed.

Yes, we all know that an abundance of care has led to many deaths when it comes to infectious disease.

Please tell everybody in your hood that the ebola apartment is perfectly safe to smoke crack in now. Have a party.

Are you fucking stupid drunk or just stupid? What in the hell are you talking about moron?
We would not be having this discussion is that dumb ass in the white house had done his job
Evidently you were too much of a moron to read the post I replied to. You may want to delete this post and try again.
I read it dumb ass but when in the fuck do we force liberals to do a god damn thing?
You must not have read it retard. Thats exactly what the other retard was suggesting. That any Liberals on this thread be forced to take in Ebola patients and care for them.

Any liberal posting in this thread should be forced to care for and take in EBOLA patients being they support that certified IDIOT Barack Obola who allowed EBOLA in to this country and still refuses to protect Americans.
Maybe she right maybe you should since their is no danger correct?
So you agree you are a retard? You should be man enough to admit you didnt read it but since your not no worries.
If you think thier isn' any danger why don't you step up and be an assistance in the medical field? Take care of all the ebola infected people? Or even better do the protocol mans job.

I dont see where its airborne or it has mutated. Can you point it out for me?

Oh, you maintain this is the only virus in the history of viruses that doesn't mutate.

Got it.

Psycho. If you mislead your black brethren to this degree, you can guarantee the outbreak will hit them the hardest.
No retard. I maintain that no virus in the history of virology has mutated from non airborne to airborne. Cant you read?

"Peter Jahrling, one of the country's top scientists, has dedicated his life to studying some of the most dangerous viruses on the planet. Twenty-five years ago, he cut his teeth on Lassa hemorrhagic fever, hunting for Ebola's viral cousin in Liberia. In 1989, he helped discover Reston, a new Ebola strain, in his Virginia lab.

"Jahrling now serves as a chief scientist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, where he runs the emerging viral pathogens section. He has been watching this Ebola epidemic with a mixture of horror, concern and scientific curiosity.And there's one thing he's found particularly worrisome: the mutations of the virus that are circulating now look to be more contagious than the ones that have turned up in the past."

A top scientist worries that Ebola has mutated to become more contagious - Vox
Still not seeing where Ebola is airborne. Are you ok?

Do you know what "probably" means? It's "probably" not airborne. It's "probably" not going to mutate.

That means...it could be airborne, and it might mutate further.

But you go ahead and get on a plane headed for Africa. Show your support for the African Africans. Help Doctors Without borders...9 of 16 infected dead.

Yup we know exactly how to prevent contagion, you betcha.
Probably means they are not 100% sure. More like 90% and up. If the virus was airborne we would see way more people with it. Are you understanding that the air circulation system on the plane would have gotten most of the people infected if it was airborne?

"In this epidemic, it would appear that there have been multiple introductions [of the virus from animals to humans]. It's not all person to person transmission. It's coming from animals again and again. [This means people need to be near potential animal hosts — believed to be fruit bats endemic to Africa — to get the virus.] Now there are all these different strains. That could also mean the virus is more mutable."

A top scientist worries that Ebola has mutated to become more contagious - Vox

Evidently you were too much of a moron to read the post I replied to. You may want to delete this post and try again.
I read it dumb ass but when in the fuck do we force liberals to do a god damn thing?
You must not have read it retard. Thats exactly what the other retard was suggesting. That any Liberals on this thread be forced to take in Ebola patients and care for them.

Any liberal posting in this thread should be forced to care for and take in EBOLA patients being they support that certified IDIOT Barack Obola who allowed EBOLA in to this country and still refuses to protect Americans.
So you agree you are a retard? You should be man enough to admit you didnt read it but since your not no worries.
If you think thier isn' any danger why don't you step up and be an assistance in the medical field? Take care of all the ebola infected people? Or even better do the protocol mans job.
So why do you think there is no danger? I thought you believed it was the end of the world and a plot to overthrow the US?

"Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. Although clinicians readily agree that the Ebola virus leaps from one person to the next via close contact with blood and other bodily fluids, Osterholm warned that the risk of airborne transmission is “real” and “until we consider it, the world will not be prepared to do what is necessary to end the epidemic.”

Fact or Fiction The Ebola Virus Will Go Airborne - Scientific American

Dr. Jahrling, who has worked with ebola for decades, says that airborne is generally less infectious anyway. He says what is frightening is that the virus appears to have mutated to carry a heavier viral load.

The point is, it mutates. It's exceedingly virulent, it's exceedingly deadly. He is guarded but thinks it will sink back down into the animal population again (as it has in the past, this is what I think as well). If it doesn't mutate into something else. Which it can. But he knows it can do a lot of damage before it does.

BTW, it always comes from the animal population and he says it's coming from several different routes.
The cold mutates too. Several times in a season I believe. The point is that its something we need to be concerned about but we dont need to panic people. Putting out bad information can get people killed.

Well, saying "nothing to see here move along" has gotten two nurses sick so far. How many more do you want to see get infected? I'm not afraid or hysterical but I do read and what I have read says that these viruses are very powerful and need to be dealt with in a very particular way. The powers that be haven't been doing that.

So why do you think there is no danger? I thought you believed it was the end of the world and a plot to overthrow the US?
Are you dense? when did I say their wasn't any danger?

If this lady can figure it out why cant we? They need to be studying this womans blood to see if she has some sort of immunity.

Ebola Woman saves three relatives from death - CNN.com

It can be exhausting nursing a child through a nasty bout with the flu, so imagine how 22-year-old Fatu Kekula felt nursing her entire family through Ebola.

Her father. Her mother. Her sister. Her cousin. Fatu took care of them all, single-handedly feeding them, cleaning them and giving them medications.

And she did so with remarkable success. Three out of her four patients survived. That's a 25% death rate -- considerably better than the estimated Ebola death rate of 70%.

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://www.nbcdfw.com/portableplayer/?cmsID=279358692&videoID=ghfMc8QHJTLu&origin=nbcdfw.com&sec=news&subsec=health&width=600&height=360"></script>
The patient is in a containment suit. The medical staff that will go with the patient are in containment suits. The person not in the containment suit is a protocol person, there to insure there are no trip hazards or other issues due to the suits. There will be one like that on the other end of the trip as well.

Why is that a problem?
If you don't see any problem no one can help you after that.

No, I don't see a problem. If you see that person not wearing a suit as a problem, then I am guessing you want everyone in the entire hospital to be in containment suits as well? The patients may be in isolation in the hospital, but she is in isolation in this picture too. Is the receptionist in the lobby of the hospital also at risk? The only difference is the size of the containment area.
Like I said their is no help for you if you don't see a problem with this and I'm not going to argue with you about it.

The patient is in a self-contained, airtight suit. There is a pressure monitor on the suit so that a breach is detected immediately. That you see a problem is not my problem. The ebola virus is tiny, but it is not magick. It cannot penetrate the containment suit.
Yes, but sharp edges and objects can.

So the protocol director isn't prepared if somebody accidentally rips open their suit in an enclosed space or up wind from him.

Part of his job is to watch for hazards they do not see. But then, if the virus is that contagious and airborne, the entire hemisphere is in danger already. It is already in the air and being spread by wind currents. We have 21 days left.

Well, saying "nothing to see here move along" has gotten two nurses sick so far. How many more do you want to see get infected? I'm not afraid or hysterical but I do read and what I have read says that these viruses are very powerful and need to be dealt with in a very particular way. The powers that be haven't been doing that.

He seems to be okay with everybody catching it, as far as I can tell.
No wonder STDs are running rampant. Apparently there remains a whole population of publicly educated people who have NO CONCEPT of disease communicability.

No, I don't see a problem. If you see that person not wearing a suit as a problem, then I am guessing you want everyone in the entire hospital to be in containment suits as well? The patients may be in isolation in the hospital, but she is in isolation in this picture too. Is the receptionist in the lobby of the hospital also at risk? The only difference is the size of the containment area.
Like I said their is no help for you if you don't see a problem with this and I'm not going to argue with you about it.

The patient is in a self-contained, airtight suit. There is a pressure monitor on the suit so that a breach is detected immediately. That you see a problem is not my problem. The ebola virus is tiny, but it is not magick. It cannot penetrate the containment suit.
Yes, but sharp edges and objects can.

So the protocol director isn't prepared if somebody accidentally rips open their suit in an enclosed space or up wind from him.

Part of his job is to watch for hazards they do not see. But then, if the virus is that contagious and airborne, the entire hemisphere is in danger already. It is already in the air and being spread by wind currents. We have 21 days left.

More than 21. They were lying about that, too.

21 Days Not A Long Enough Quarantine For Ebola New Study Suggests - Forbes

"Drexel University environmental engineering professor Dr. Charles Haas pointed out that between 0.1 and 12 percent of the time, the incubation period for someone infected with Ebola was longer than 21 days."

21 Days Not A Long Enough Quarantine For Ebola New Study Suggests - Forbes

Psst...

"On page 117 of the handbook, in a chapter discussing “Viral Hemorrhagic Fever” (VHF), a category of viruses that includes Ebola, USAMRID says: “In several instances, secondary infections among contacts and medical personnel without direct body fluid exposure have been documented. These instances have prompted concern of a rare phenomenon of aerosol transmission of infection.”

Page 117 continues to specify: “Therefore, when VHF is suspected, additional infection control measures are indicated.”

U.S. Army warns of potential 8216 airborne 8217 Ebola

Forum List

Back