The second nurse airlifted to Emory you aren't going to believe your eyes

Are you fucking stupid drunk or just stupid? What in the hell are you talking about moron?
We would not be having this discussion is that dumb ass in the white house had done his job
Evidently you were too much of a moron to read the post I replied to. You may want to delete this post and try again.
I read it dumb ass but when in the fuck do we force liberals to do a god damn thing?
You must not have read it retard. Thats exactly what the other retard was suggesting. That any Liberals on this thread be forced to take in Ebola patients and care for them.

Any liberal posting in this thread should be forced to care for and take in EBOLA patients being they support that certified IDIOT Barack Obola who allowed EBOLA in to this country and still refuses to protect Americans.
Why not? Seems they think they are immune to this virus. It was A.OK to import it into the country and the only cases (so far), have been in medical professionals who have been accused by government wonks of violating "protocol".
Who claimed anyone is immune to the disease? I must have missed that one. Do you have a link?
Being purposely obtuse to the possibilities presented by this situation indicates that some must assume that they are incapable of contracting this disease, or D68, for that matter. Ebola does not discriminate between people of conservative political persuasion and liberals. But the predominant liberal stance on this issue seems to be lackadaisical, and frankly, rather self-destructive.

There is something out of place with how the CDC transported this women.
R7AjCUB.png

The patient is in a containment suit. The medical staff that will go with the patient are in containment suits. The person not in the containment suit is a protocol person, there to insure there are no trip hazards or other issues due to the suits. There will be one like that on the other end of the trip as well.

Why is that a problem?
Because people apparently want panic and mistrust spread throughout the land. Shameful.
You were to much in a rush tohurry and blame the hospital you forgot that your source said they were no protocol in place and then said the nurse had breached the protocol
The hospital didn't impliment CDC protocol. I decided arguing with a moron was stupid and shit, here I am in your thread. I should just go ahead and bang my head against a wall.

You're a liar.
The hospital did exactly what they were advised by the CDC. EXACTLY. The CDC is saying today, and yesterday, and every day till the end of eternity that their protocol WAS NOT ADEQUATE. The CDC told the nurse to get on the plane WITH A FEVER. Then decided hey, wait, oh darnit.

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="http://www.nbcdfw.com/portableplayer/?cmsID=279358692&videoID=ghfMc8QHJTLu&origin=nbcdfw.com&sec=news&subsec=health&width=600&height=360"></script>
There is something out of place with how the CDC transported this women.
R7AjCUB.png

The patient is in a containment suit. The medical staff that will go with the patient are in containment suits. The person not in the containment suit is a protocol person, there to insure there are no trip hazards or other issues due to the suits. There will be one like that on the other end of the trip as well.

Why is that a problem?
If you don't see any problem no one can help you after that.

No, I don't see a problem. If you see that person not wearing a suit as a problem, then I am guessing you want everyone in the entire hospital to be in containment suits as well? The patients may be in isolation in the hospital, but she is in isolation in this picture too. Is the receptionist in the lobby of the hospital also at risk? The only difference is the size of the containment area.

Anybody who comes into contact with them is at risk, and those most at risk are the health care workers.

You people are morons, and I can only hope that you shake hands and get a big old sloppy kiss from the first ebola patient in your neighborhood.

Yeah, let`s listen to a bunch of redneck swampdwellers. I am sure they know more about medical science than actual professionals.

Fucking ridicilous!

Ain't that the truth? They think the big yellow rubber suit the patient is wearing is a fashion statement.

Poor girl, I bet she's scared out of her wits.
Wouldn't you be scared out of your wits in her situation?

Evidently you were too much of a moron to read the post I replied to. You may want to delete this post and try again.
I read it dumb ass but when in the fuck do we force liberals to do a god damn thing?
You must not have read it retard. Thats exactly what the other retard was suggesting. That any Liberals on this thread be forced to take in Ebola patients and care for them.

Any liberal posting in this thread should be forced to care for and take in EBOLA patients being they support that certified IDIOT Barack Obola who allowed EBOLA in to this country and still refuses to protect Americans.
Why not? Seems they think they are immune to this virus. It was A.OK to import it into the country and the only cases (so far), have been in medical professionals who have been accused by government wonks of violating "protocol".
Who claimed anyone is immune to the disease? I must have missed that one. Do you have a link?
Being purposely obtuse to the possibilities presented by this situation indicates that some must assume that they are incapable of contracting this disease, or D68, for that matter. Ebola does not discriminate between people of conservative political persuasion and liberals. But the predominant liberal stance on this issue seems to be lackadaisical, and frankly, rather self-destructive.
There has to be some balance. You have people quoting scripture and others claiming Ebola is airborne despite no evidence of it mutating or any other virus ever making the jump from non airborne to airborne. Mass hysteria is not the answer nor is it going to result in cooler heads prevailing. There is a reason people follow leaders that show an ability to be calm under pressure.

Yes, let's rely on the fine scientific understanding of schlep when it comes to virology.

"So we actually have the data that show that Ebola enters into lung tissue from the airway side. This was done with human lung tissue. And it enters by the exactly same side of the cell as influenza enters cells. So it clearly has that inherent capacity to get into the lungs from the airway."

"We do know that it can happen in terms of the biology. That's important. And it could become -- you know, through mutations, there's a possibility for it to change in such a way that that occurs more readily."

-Dr. David Sanders, a Purdue University virologist and expert on the Ebola virus

Virologist Possibility Ebola Virus Mutates to Become Airborne Occurs More Readily

Yes, let's rely on the fine scientific understanding of schlep when it comes to virology.

"So we actually have the data that show that Ebola enters into lung tissue from the airway side. This was done with human lung tissue. And it enters by the exactly same side of the cell as influenza enters cells. So it clearly has that inherent capacity to get into the lungs from the airway."

"We do know that it can happen in terms of the biology. That's important. And it could become -- you know, through mutations, there's a possibility for it to change in such a way that that occurs more readily."

-Dr. David Sanders, a Purdue University virologist and expert on the Ebola virus

Virologist Possibility Ebola Virus Mutates to Become Airborne Occurs More Readily
I dont see where its airborne or it has mutated. Can you point it out for me? When it does that then I will still remain calm because hyperventilating may cause you to breath in the virus.

"A mutation that makes the ability of a virus to "jump" into the air and survive in an air droplet (ie preventing the droplet from completely drying out) would be part of the process of becoming an airborne pathogen. Another part of that process might be a mutation that allows the virus to attach to and infect the cells that line the respiratory tract."

How do viruses mutate and become airborne - Utilising Airborne Algae to Mitigate Global Warming

PS..schlep is a fucking idiot.

I dont see where its airborne or it has mutated. Can you point it out for me?

Oh, you maintain this is the only virus in the history of viruses that doesn't mutate.

Got it.

Psycho. If you mislead your black brethren to this degree, you can guarantee the outbreak will hit them the hardest.

There has to be some balance. You have people quoting scripture and others claiming Ebola is airborne despite no evidence of it mutating or any other virus ever making the jump from non airborne to airborne. Mass hysteria is not the answer nor is it going to result in cooler heads prevailing. There is a reason people follow leaders that show an ability to be calm under pressure.
People will find their own answers, their own consolation. You are right that people will follow leader that show an ability to be calm under pressure. Unfortunately, all the so-called leaders in this comedy of errors seem to be catatonic.

"A mutation that makes the ability of a virus to "jump" into the air and survive in an air droplet (ie preventing the droplet from completely drying out) would be part of the process of becoming an airborne pathogen. Another part of that process might be a mutation that allows the virus to attach to and infect the cells that line the respiratory tract."

How do viruses mutate and become airborne - Utilising Airborne Algae to Mitigate Global Warming

From your own link idiot.

Since ebola virus is not normally capable of being spread by aerosol a mutation that allowed that would indeed be terrifying. Fortunately, no such mutation exists and we can all rest easy for a while.

"Imagine every time you copy an essay, you change a word or two. Eventually, it's going to change the meaning of the essay," said Dr. C.J. Peters, one of the heroes featured in "The Hot Zone."

The roots of our Ebola fears

That book chronicles the 1989 outbreak of Ebola Reston, which was transmitted among monkeys by breathing. In 2012, Canadian researchers found that Ebola Zaire, which is involved in the current outbreak, was passed from pigs to monkeys in the air.

Dr. James Le Duc, the director of the Galveston National Laboratory at the University of Texas, said the problem is that no one is keeping track of the mutations happening across West Africa, so no one really knows what the virus has become.

One group of researchers looked at how Ebola changed over a short period of time in just one area in Sierra Leone early on in the outbreak, before it was spreading as fast as it is now. They found more than 300 genetic changes in the virus."

Ebola airborne A nightmare that could happen - CNN.com

Oh, you maintain this is the only virus in the history of viruses that doesn't mutate.

Got it.

Psycho. If you mislead your black brethren to this degree, you can guarantee the outbreak will hit them the hardest.
No retard. I maintain that no virus in the history of virology has mutated from non airborne to airborne. Cant you read?

Since ebola virus is not normally capable of being spread by aerosol a mutation that allowed that would indeed be terrifying. Fortunately, no such mutation exists and we can all rest easy for a while.

"It's frightening to look at how much this virus mutated within just three weeks," said Dr. Pardis Sabeti, an associate professor at Harvard and senior associate member of the Broad Institute, where the research was done.

"Even without becoming airborne, the virus has overwhelmed efforts to stop it."

You do comprehend that when they say "not normally" they are saying it has happened, right?

Got it.

No retard. I maintain that no virus in the history of virology has mutated from non airborne to airborne. Cant you read?

"Peter Jahrling, one of the country's top scientists, has dedicated his life to studying some of the most dangerous viruses on the planet. Twenty-five years ago, he cut his teeth on Lassa hemorrhagic fever, hunting for Ebola's viral cousin in Liberia. In 1989, he helped discover Reston, a new Ebola strain, in his Virginia lab.

"Jahrling now serves as a chief scientist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, where he runs the emerging viral pathogens section. He has been watching this Ebola epidemic with a mixture of horror, concern and scientific curiosity.And there's one thing he's found particularly worrisome: the mutations of the virus that are circulating now look to be more contagious than the ones that have turned up in the past."

A top scientist worries that Ebola has mutated to become more contagious - Vox

"It's frightening to look at how much this virus mutated within just three weeks," said Dr. Pardis Sabeti, an associate professor at Harvard and senior associate member of the Broad Institute, where the research was done.

"Even without becoming airborne, the virus has overwhelmed efforts to stop it."

You do comprehend that when they say "not normally" they are saying it has happened, right?
No I dont comprehend that. Not normally means that it wont occur unless something changes in the conditions. Where did you pick up the understanding that Ebola has been airborne before? You must have read one too many science fiction books.

Got it.

"Peter Jahrling, one of the country's top scientists, has dedicated his life to studying some of the most dangerous viruses on the planet. Twenty-five years ago, he cut his teeth on Lassa hemorrhagic fever, hunting for Ebola's viral cousin in Liberia. In 1989, he helped discover Reston, a new Ebola strain, in his Virginia lab.

"Jahrling now serves as a chief scientist at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, where he runs the emerging viral pathogens section. He has been watching this Ebola epidemic with a mixture of horror, concern and scientific curiosity.And there's one thing he's found particularly worrisome: the mutations of the virus that are circulating now look to be more contagious than the ones that have turned up in the past."

Still not seeing where Ebola is airborne. Are you ok?

Dr. Jahrling, who has worked with ebola for decades, says that airborne is generally less infectious anyway. He says what is frightening is that the virus appears to have mutated to carry a heavier viral load.

The point is, it mutates. It's exceedingly virulent, it's exceedingly deadly. He is guarded but thinks it will sink back down into the animal population again (as it has in the past, this is what I think as well). If it doesn't mutate into something else. Which it can. But he knows it can do a lot of damage before it does.

BTW, it always comes from the animal population and he says it's coming from several different routes.

Got it.

Still not seeing where Ebola is airborne. Are you ok?

Do you know what "probably" means? It's "probably" not airborne. It's "probably" not going to mutate.

That means...it could be airborne, and it might mutate further.

But you go ahead and get on a plane headed for Africa. Show your support for the African Africans. Help Doctors Without borders...9 of 16 infected dead.

Yup we know exactly how to prevent contagion, you betcha.

Forum List

Back