The second nurse airlifted to Emory you aren't going to believe your eyes

Dr. Jahrling, who has worked with ebola for decades, says that airborne is generally less infectious anyway. He says what is frightening is that the virus appears to have mutated to carry a heavier viral load.

The point is, it mutates. It's exceedingly virulent, it's exceedingly deadly. He is guarded but thinks it will sink back down into the animal population again (as it has in the past, this is what I think as well). If it doesn't mutate into something else. Which it can. But he knows it can do a lot of damage before it does.

BTW, it always comes from the animal population and he says it's coming from several different routes.
The cold mutates too. Several times in a season I believe. The point is that its something we need to be concerned about but we dont need to panic people. Putting out bad information can get people killed.

Well, saying "nothing to see here move along" has gotten two nurses sick so far. How many more do you want to see get infected? I'm not afraid or hysterical but I do read and what I have read says that these viruses are very powerful and need to be dealt with in a very particular way. The powers that be haven't been doing that.
That would make sense if I had said that. However I didnt. There is no way that woman should have been allowed to get on that plane. If she had a wedding coming up she should have known to not to be involved.That doesnt make the disease airborne though. Running around like chicken little claiming it airborne when its not will only cause panic. We have enough conspiracy theories going around as it is.

Dr. Jahrling, who has worked with ebola for decades, says that airborne is generally less infectious anyway. He says what is frightening is that the virus appears to have mutated to carry a heavier viral load.

The point is, it mutates. It's exceedingly virulent, it's exceedingly deadly. He is guarded but thinks it will sink back down into the animal population again (as it has in the past, this is what I think as well). If it doesn't mutate into something else. Which it can. But he knows it can do a lot of damage before it does.

BTW, it always comes from the animal population and he says it's coming from several different routes.
The cold mutates too. Several times in a season I believe. The point is that its something we need to be concerned about but we dont need to panic people. Putting out bad information can get people killed.

Well, saying "nothing to see here move along" has gotten two nurses sick so far. How many more do you want to see get infected? I'm not afraid or hysterical but I do read and what I have read says that these viruses are very powerful and need to be dealt with in a very particular way. The powers that be haven't been doing that.

He seems to be okay with everybody catching it, as far as I can tell.
No wonder STDs are running rampant. Apparently there remains a whole population of publicly educated people who have NO CONCEPT of disease communicability.

Sorry but I have 2 doctors and a ton of nurses in my family. I most likely know far more than the average person.

Yes, the cold DOES mutate!

But it doesn't cause you to shit blood.

Yeah, let`s listen to a bunch of redneck swampdwellers. I am sure they know more about medical science than actual professionals.

Fucking ridicilous!
My guess is I had more NBC training than any of them
You would probably guess wrong. Look closely at what the patient has on. Lets see if you can figure it out from there.
Tyvek suit is paper thin

Yes it is. But it is very durable too. And the barrier is woven into the fabric, instead of it being a film or outer layer. The proper protocols were followed. The biggest drawback to the containment suits is that they limit your vision. That is why the medical protocol officer was there to make sure they didn't have any problems.

If this lady can figure it out why cant we? They need to be studying this womans blood to see if she has some sort of immunity.

Ebola Woman saves three relatives from death - CNN.com

It can be exhausting nursing a child through a nasty bout with the flu, so imagine how 22-year-old Fatu Kekula felt nursing her entire family through Ebola.

Her father. Her mother. Her sister. Her cousin. Fatu took care of them all, single-handedly feeding them, cleaning them and giving them medications.

And she did so with remarkable success. Three out of her four patients survived. That's a 25% death rate -- considerably better than the estimated Ebola death rate of 70%.

I agree. Good for those relatives that she was so strong. And she's just simply awesome!

Yes, the cold DOES mutate!

But it doesn't cause you to shit blood.
Well what if it did? Would you run around like chicken little over that as well? You cant stop it so you might as well deal with it rationally. Weren't you the one that claimed to be a doctor or something?

No, I don't see a problem. If you see that person not wearing a suit as a problem, then I am guessing you want everyone in the entire hospital to be in containment suits as well? The patients may be in isolation in the hospital, but she is in isolation in this picture too. Is the receptionist in the lobby of the hospital also at risk? The only difference is the size of the containment area.
Like I said their is no help for you if you don't see a problem with this and I'm not going to argue with you about it.

The patient is in a self-contained, airtight suit. There is a pressure monitor on the suit so that a breach is detected immediately. That you see a problem is not my problem. The ebola virus is tiny, but it is not magick. It cannot penetrate the containment suit.
Yes, but sharp edges and objects can.

So the protocol director isn't prepared if somebody accidentally rips open their suit in an enclosed space or up wind from him.

Part of his job is to watch for hazards they do not see. But then, if the virus is that contagious and airborne, the entire hemisphere is in danger already. It is already in the air and being spread by wind currents. We have 21 days left.

More than 21. They were lying about that, too.

21 Days Not A Long Enough Quarantine For Ebola New Study Suggests - Forbes

So we have more than 21 days? Excellent!! Because, if the man without a hazmat suit was in danger, then there is a danger of the virus contaminating the exterior of the aircraft. The aircraft flies through clouds. It could be raining Ebola in the next few days. That would shower everyone with death and contaminate the water supply as well.

Yeah, let`s listen to a bunch of redneck swampdwellers. I am sure they know more about medical science than actual professionals.

Fucking ridicilous!
You would probably guess wrong. Look closely at what the patient has on. Lets see if you can figure it out from there.
Tyvek suit is paper thin

Yes it is. But it is very durable too. And the barrier is woven into the fabric, instead of it being a film or outer layer. The proper protocols were followed. The biggest drawback to the containment suits is that they limit your vision. That is why the medical protocol officer was there to make sure they didn't have any problems.
Have you worn a tyvek suit? they aren't as durable as you think they are. and they aren't made of cloth fabric

No, I don't see a problem. If you see that person not wearing a suit as a problem, then I am guessing you want everyone in the entire hospital to be in containment suits as well? The patients may be in isolation in the hospital, but she is in isolation in this picture too. Is the receptionist in the lobby of the hospital also at risk? The only difference is the size of the containment area.
Like I said their is no help for you if you don't see a problem with this and I'm not going to argue with you about it.

The patient is in a self-contained, airtight suit. There is a pressure monitor on the suit so that a breach is detected immediately. That you see a problem is not my problem. The ebola virus is tiny, but it is not magick. It cannot penetrate the containment suit.

So the protocol director isn't prepared if somebody accidentally rips open their suit in an enclosed space or up wind from him.

Part of his job is to watch for hazards they do not see. But then, if the virus is that contagious and airborne, the entire hemisphere is in danger already. It is already in the air and being spread by wind currents. We have 21 days left.
Really you trying to pull that shit?

That would make sense if I had said that. However I didnt. There is no way that woman should have been allowed to get on that plane. If she had a wedding coming up she should have known to not to be involved.That doesnt make the disease airborne though. Running around like chicken little claiming it airborne when its not will only cause panic. We have enough conspiracy theories going around as it is.

The CDC told her to fly.

Even though she had a fever.

Oh, and they're calling everybody who was on the flight.

But I'm sure you know more about it all...

More than 21. They were lying about that, too.

21 Days Not A Long Enough Quarantine For Ebola New Study Suggests - Forbes

So we have more than 21 days? Excellent!! Because, if the man without a hazmat suit was in danger, then there is a danger of the virus contaminating the exterior of the aircraft. The aircraft flies through clouds. It could be raining Ebola in the next few days. That would shower everyone with death and contaminate the water supply as well.

That's an interesting thought..since ebola can survive in liquid for about 45 days.

Pull what shit? I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic to ridicule the ignorance being spewed on this thread.

Pull what shit? I thought it was obvious that I was being sarcastic to ridicule the ignorance being spewed on this thread.
Yes pull that global shit. the guy not suited up was in the hot zone. But as I said if it has to be explained to you, you are to far gone to argue with.

So think of it...the shit and blood from the laundry of the first ebola patients that the CDC told us not to worry about, washed in with the regular laundry...put through the sewage system, processed and then released into the nearest waterway...

Where maybe poor kids like to play. I say poor kids because water processing confluences almost always have an abundance of trash fish, and immigrants from other countries (and our more stupid poor people) love to fish for them.

I did a series of stories on water treatment/sewer upgrades some time ago. I learned some mighty interesting things.

There's nothing more funny than an ignoramus who is utterly convinced of his own superiority.

Fucking ridicilous!
Tyvek suit is paper thin

Have you worn a tyvek suit? they aren't as durable as you think they are. and they aren't made of cloth fabric

They are not meant to be worn in a knife fight. Sharp edges should be avoided in any containment suit. That is part of why the medical protocol officer was there.

And I never said they were made of cloth. Tyvek is a Dupont made fabric.

There's nothing more funny than an ignoramus who is utterly convinced of his own superiority.

You should tell this to the people ranting about how dangerous it is to have the medical protocol officer present without a hazmat suit.

Tyvek suit is paper thin

They are not meant to be worn in a knife fight. Sharp edges should be avoided in any containment suit. That is part of why the medical protocol officer was there.

And I never said they were made of cloth. Tyvek is a Dupont made fabric.

You're a fucking idiot.

Forum List

Back