The second nurse airlifted to Emory you aren't going to believe your eyes

Yes it is. But it is very durable too. And the barrier is woven into the fabric, instead of it being a film or outer layer. The proper protocols were followed. The biggest drawback to the containment suits is that they limit your vision. That is why the medical protocol officer was there to make sure they didn't have any problems.
Have you worn a tyvek suit? they aren't as durable as you think they are. and they aren't made of cloth fabric

They are not meant to be worn in a knife fight. Sharp edges should be avoided in any containment suit. That is part of why the medical protocol officer was there.

And I never said they were made of cloth. Tyvek is a Dupont made fabric.
I've had way to much haz-mat training to agree with your statement.
Those suits aren't as durable as you think.

The chem suits I've worn are very durable..........They are wearing level 4 suits..........I'm not biting.
You've worn tyveck suits? I'm not buying either.

Whatever.........I work in a refinery, and in the process of making gasoline their is a lot of Nasty Chemicals in this plant. Which require opening lines which even flushed could have trapped chemicals in pockets of the process pipe. On some of these process lines you are required to wear Fresh Air as well. With a stand bye in a Scott Air Pack...............I have done them both. When electrical work was slow I worked with our pipe department and did exactly what I am stating..............Including replaced caustic acid pipes and a lot of other nasties.............

Secondly, I have worked 2 Nuclear plant shutdowns since getting out of the Navy. Full dress in contaminated areas.......

Finally, I was in the military, and believe it our not we did CBR TRAINING THERE.............

So, spare me your BS on wearing suits.........

BTW.......The suits we wear are hot as hell in the middle of summer taking out a process pipe.......You are swimming in sweat before you get out of them.

Yes it is. But it is very durable too. And the barrier is woven into the fabric, instead of it being a film or outer layer. The proper protocols were followed. The biggest drawback to the containment suits is that they limit your vision. That is why the medical protocol officer was there to make sure they didn't have any problems.
Have you worn a tyvek suit? they aren't as durable as you think they are. and they aren't made of cloth fabric

They are not meant to be worn in a knife fight. Sharp edges should be avoided in any containment suit. That is part of why the medical protocol officer was there.

The chem suits I've worn are very durable..........They are wearing level 4 suits..........I'm not biting.

Riddle me this..........Explain how to put on the gloves to the sleeves.....in a chemical suit................don't google tell me something you should know.

You would probably guess wrong. Look closely at what the patient has on. Lets see if you can figure it out from there.
Tyvek suit is paper thin

They are durable enough for what they will be doing. The protocol officer is there to make sure there are no sharp objects that could damage the fabric. As long as they don't hit a sharp object, the virus is contained within the patient's hazmat suit.

Well, they're sending 700 people from 101st over there to help build hospitals, and if any of them catch it and the bring it back here at Ft Campbell I could be handling Ebola.

I agree with winterborn on this. I only scanned through all of the threads...........

Protocol requires one professional to not be in the suit as the suit impairs vision and hearing on the tarmac..........His only function is watch and observe the situation and warning those in suits to watch out for potential trip hazards.............

The patient was contained in the suit already. I don't see the danger here on this transport. Those in the suits will be near the patient on board the plane and for the trip. The patient was placed in a negative pressured bubble while in transit.

No problem with this procedure at all.
But he didn't do that he took something from one of those not boarding the aircraft and appeared to have touch the gurney

Did the gurney come from the hospital? Did the patient lie on it before they were in the suit? It doesn't appear to be part of the containment gear, so it was probably used to move the patient after they were suited up.

Riddle me this..........Explain how to put on the gloves to the sleeves.....in a chemical suit................don't google tell me something you should know.
Sleeves rolled up put gloves on roll sleeves down over gloves.

I agree with winterborn on this. I only scanned through all of the threads...........

Protocol requires one professional to not be in the suit as the suit impairs vision and hearing on the tarmac..........His only function is watch and observe the situation and warning those in suits to watch out for potential trip hazards.............

The patient was contained in the suit already. I don't see the danger here on this transport. Those in the suits will be near the patient on board the plane and for the trip. The patient was placed in a negative pressured bubble while in transit.

But he didn't do that he took something from one of those not boarding the aircraft and appeared to have touch the gurney

Did the gurney come from the hospital? Did the patient lie on it before they were in the suit? It doesn't appear to be part of the containment gear, so it was probably used to move the patient after they were suited up.
The gurney came off the ambulance she was riding in.

Well, they're sending 700 people from 101st over there to help build hospitals, and if any of them catch it and the bring it back here at Ft Campbell I could be handling Ebola.

I argued on this topic on the troops. We are now approaching 4000 troops over there.

That is not the full measure. Something must be inserted into the glove..........What is it.............

That is not the full measure. Something must be inserted into the glove..........What is it.............
You tell me without googling.

That doesn't mean she was on it before she suited up. She suited up in isolation. The gurney was probably on the ambulance.

That doesn't mean she was on it before she suited up. She suited up in isolation. The gurney was probably on the ambulance.
Was she?

aka you don't know. It comes in a packet for your gloves.

Anyone who has worn one of the chemical suits would know what I'm talking about.

Was she?

No, they walked her down the hall, had her ride the elevator, then sent her to the airport in a cab. They put her in the hazmat suit in the Women's restroom at the airport.

Jeez, of course she was suited up in isolation.

Anyone who has worn one of the chemical suits would know what I'm talking about.
Wrong
Here you go

Wrong
Here you go

That i

Wrong
Here you go

That is a bio suit........Not a chemical suit as worn in the industrial sector regularily........In the Refineries.........You have to insert something in the gloves in these suits............Tell me what is inserted.

Dealing with petroleum and nuclear materials isn't the same as biological..the protocol is a lot different.

There is something out of place with how the CDC transported this women.
R7AjCUB.png
Yup Clipboard man. When you consider that the inside of that plane will undergo a disinfecting fog and then all the medical equipment stripped and incinerated then disposed as bio waste, that guy in the regular clothes is underdressed.

Last edited:

Wrong
Here you go

That i

Wrong
Here you go

That is a bio suit........Not a chemical suit as worn in the industrial sector regularily........In the Refineries.........You have to insert something in the gloves in these suits............Tell me what is inserted.

What do you think I was talking about?

Forum List

Back