Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

What's your scriptural basis for believing that?

John wasn't his brother. Jesus had no brothers as explained in posts 269, 271, 272, 273 and 274.
Jesus had brothers and sisters. Matthew 13:55 and Mark 6:3.

Jewish law doesn't have that stipulation and you have zero scriptural basis for that belief.

If you want to continue disparaging the mother of Christ be my guest but you are ignoring scripture in doing so.
Wrong. Do your research.

"Saved" is a terminology used by non-Catholic Christians. Catholics tend to use the words, Reconciliation, Redemption, Salvation. "Saved" is not even listed in the index of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Let's start with this question: What are you "saved" from?

In Catholicism, we do hear that Christ saved us from our sins, but that is seen more in the light of repentance (turning away from sin to God) which is reconciliation and redemption. And, as I noted earlier, Salvation comes from God.
I'm saved from eternal damnation. I have passed from death to life. I am seated in heaven with Jesus.

"Saved" is a terminology used by non-Catholic Christians. Catholics tend to use the words, Reconciliation, Redemption, Salvation. "Saved" is not even listed in the index of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Let's start with this question: What are you "saved" from?

In Catholicism, we do hear that Christ saved us from our sins, but that is seen more in the light of repentance (turning away from sin to God) which is reconciliation and redemption. And, as I noted earlier, Salvation comes from God.
Read Ephesians chapters 2. Read it very carefully. It says I have been saved. Let me know when you see it.

Wrong. Do your research.
I have. You have no scriptural basis for your beliefs for James refusing to care for his mother because he didn't believe in Jesus. What does believing in Jesus have to do with James shirking his responsibility to his mother. His mother has nothing to do with that.

At the end of the day you are making the argument Satan would make to disparage the Mother of God. You attack the Church Jesus founded and you attack his mother.

Not buying it. I have excellent translations. Pitiful.
Satan would be proud you attack the Church Jesus founded and attack his mother's reputation. You choose your religion over God. That's idolatry.

I have. You have no scriptural basis for your beliefs for James refusing to care for his mother because he didn't believe in Jesus. What does believing in Jesus have to do with James shirking his responsibility to his mother. His mother has nothing to do with that.

At the end of the day you are making the argument Satan would make to disparage the Mother of God. You attack the Church Jesus founded and you attack his mother.
I never said James refused to care for his mother. Try again.

I never said James refused to care for his mother. Try again.
Please stop making stuff up.

If James were the son of Mary - as you claim - there would have been no need for Jesus to transfer his obligation to John as that obligation would have automatically transferred to the next oldest son but since there were no other sons, Jesus selected John - the disciple he loved the most - to care for his mother.

“Woman, behold, your son.” Then he said to the disciple, “Behold, your mother.” And from that hour the disciple took her into his home. John 19:26-27

Seriously how are those not arguments Satan would make?

"That Church Jesus founded that Jesus said evil would never prevail against had evil prevail against it so Jesus must have been lying." ~ Satan

"Jesus' mother? She was a fornicator." ~ Satan

Great job, BS Filter

Last edited:
Read Ephesians chapters 2. Read it very carefully. It says I have been saved. Let me know when you see it.
You tell me. By the way, I never read links (Post #380). I have done my research. If you want to say something in addition, say it. I talking with you, not a link.

I'm saved from eternal damnation. I have passed from death to life. I am seated in heaven with Jesus.
Really? Because it doesn't seem that way to me the way you bash the Mother of God and the Church he founded.

False Prophets (Matthew 7:15-20)
15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but underneath are ravenous wolves.
16 By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 So by their fruits you will know them.

The True Disciple (Matthew 7:21-23)
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?
23 Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.’

The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

Does that mean we shouldn't have a personal relationship with Him? Ha ha... not hardly.

I talk to Jesus just like Protestants do (or claim to..), although sometimes it seems I don't do so enough.. (considering how hideous the condition of the world is and etc... etc).

But it always bugged me... that one word: personal

Does this mean, to protestants, that you should not have a PUBLIC relationship w/ Christ? Do some protestants believe you should check your "relationship with Christ" at the door of your business or school or whatever? Well, in that case, I don't believe in having this kind of relationship.

And frankly, I do know of people who are like that... they claim to be Christian and act like it on Sunday but... when it comes to a public proclamation of what they stand for... uh.... stutter stutter..

But Jesus said that if you deny Him before men, He will deny you before the Father..

It means you can personalize Jesus to meet your needs or preferences. Evangelical Christianity is a newer invention from the Americas in the mid 1800s. It was a time when optimism was high. You could sell all kinds of appealing products. The Jesus from the Bible was not fun anymore. Jesus was rebranded in America to be a fun happy personal little buddy to carry around with you wherever you go. Everybody that accepts Jesus Christ as his personal savior can ignore the Bible and make god into whatever he wants. It is a personal relationship.

Forum List

Back