The true RINO's are the TPM

They aren't Republicans. They've just stolen the party. The R's could actually win some elections if they took their party back, because there are a lot more of them than there are TPM.

I'm going to tell you something which I hope you'll reflect upon over the next few days and weeks until it begins to make sense to you. I know you may dismiss it out of hand right now. You can't control the urges which compel you to react in a knee jerk fashion to new ideas. Especially when they're from Conservatives and especially those which challenge your pre-existing beliefs.

The Mainstream Media is primarily left leaning. This you already know.

But what you may not know is that the media practices a form of programming to enable them to grow and build their audience, called market segmentation.

By offering news and features of special interest to the potential viewers in certain demographic segments of the total market the Network or channel can attract more viewers, let's say, who are between the ages of 18 and 34. These folks are desirable to advertisers because they have more disposable income than older segments and are more likely to spend money on iPhones or Scion automobiles, for example, than older people might.

And if the network can show advertisers they can deliver larger numbers of these kinds of viewers to an advertiser than a competing network it stands to reason they will be able to grab more ad dollars from sponsors than their competitor's network.

All of this is generalized and simplified for the sake of brevity and clarity.

Make sense so far?

Okay.

What if all the networks were trying to attract the same demographic segment of the audience?

Then the networks would have to devise a way to convince all those 18 - 34 year olds to watch THEIR network instead of the OTHER network if they hoped to get the lion's share of the total advertising dollars available.

So how does a news network like CNN for example, try to compete with a network like Fox News for limited numbers of potential viewers?

Ill get to that in the next post.

I don't want to scare off readers with another long assed post like the one from yesterday.

So, I'll close this one for now.

They aren't Republicans. They've just stolen the party. The R's could actually win some elections if they took their party back, because there are a lot more of them than there are TPM.
No what has happen liberals have taken control of the Republican party just like they took control of the democratic party years ago.

NEWS FLASH WE'RE TAKING IT BACK.

Well, we will be here to help you with the hard stuff.

1377353_663727486982453_1189073809_n.jpg

Get a brain, Moran!

Cite just ONE example of an outstanding Moderate in American history.
John McCain praised Obama and Hillary yet called Ted Cruz a kookoo bird.

You'd have him be our nominee for the next 80 years if you could.

Why?

Because you know that if the GOP keeps doing what it's been doing since 2008 America will never elect another Republican POTUS. That's what you want, to give the damaging Progressive agenda enough time to spread it's roots a little deeper and a little wider into our society and infect the minds of our most impressionable members.

You are being lied to by your favorite media sources.

Dwight Eisenhower

I should ask Rush about Ike.

LOLOL

I might have fallen victim to a very infrequent Limbaugh brain fart.

Or maybe there's something about Rush's statement I didn't understand.

Maybe he used a qualifier I failed to hear or maybe I was off making a cuppa coffee.

I dunno.

But just as I was taking his statement to be true based on face value, I'll take the same risk to my reputation as a reliable poster of some repute, to accept that Ike may be a fitting example of an outstanding American political moderate.

I wonder how my statement will fare after some due diligence.

Thanks for enlightening me.

:)

You've helped make me a better poster.

Why?

Because you know that if the GOP keeps doing what it's been doing since 2008 America will never elect another Republican POTUS. That's what you want, to give the damaging Progressive agenda enough time to spread it's roots a little deeper and a little wider into our society and infect the minds of our most impressionable members.

Dwight Eisenhower

what made him a moderate- exactly, list 5 examples please;

Damn...Its Friday, I didn't know there was going to be a pop quiz

OK lets go...

Eisenhower, much like todays moderate Republicans faced a rebellion from his right. This time it was the Red Scare led by Joseph McCarthy. In the face of extremist anti-Communist rhetoric and attacks, Ike kept a moderating position and held back on the Witch Hunts

Civil rights was hitting big. Ike enforced desegregation of the schools. He proposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960

Ike founded the Dept of Health, Education and Welfare

Ike strongly supported the UN

Then there is this quote from Old Ike himself.......... "I have just one purpose ... and that is to build up a strong progressive Republican Party in this country. If the right wing wants a fight, they are going to get it ... before I end up, either this Republican Party will reflect progressivism or I won't be with them anymore

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Republicans control 30 governorships and have control of both legislatures in 23 states.
Is this is the "fault" of the tea party?

2014 is not too far away, and it looks like the GOP has a very good chance of winning 7 seats! When and if the GOP takes back the Senate will that be the "fault" of the tea party too?

:lol:

The balance of power for Republicans has shifted to the State level. They wisely chose to focus on winning state legislatures because they realized they could no longer win on a national stage

Republicans control 30 governorships and have control of both legislatures in 23 states.

2014 is not too far away, and it looks like the GOP has a very good chance of winning 7 seats! When and if the GOP takes back the Senate will that be the "fault" of the tea party too?

The balance of power for Republicans has shifted to the State level. They wisely chose to focus on winning state legislatures because they realized they could no longer win on a national stage

So basically they are winning where the power is closer to the people, and the large mass of democratic payee's can't tsunami thier way into more governmental goodies?

Terrible...

So basically they are winning where the power is closer to the people, and the large mass of democratic payee's can't tsunami thier way into more governmental goodies?

Terrible...

liberals like rightwinger can't see the big picture, because he's out of tune with what the people want.

Terrible...

Very true

Republicans have become a local powerhouse instead of a national one

The GOP is "winning where" they can gerrymander to their benefit and voter suppress their political opponents.

Let's be honest, Marty Begone.

As the states blue with the aging of the younger generations, the increasing frustrations of women, and the growing power of Hispanics, this will change.

Just like the Christian Fundamentalists that infiltrated the republican party before them.. A classic case of a brand name sold out and ruined by the new management.

The GOP is "winning where" they can gerrymander to their benefit and voter suppress their political opponents.

As the states blue with the aging of the younger generations, the increasing frustrations of women, and the growing power of Hispanics, this will change.

Little noticed at the time, it was a wise political move for Republicans to focus their power at the local level. It has enabled them to:

1. Gerrymander themselves a House majority
2. Set local election laws restricting voter access
3. Attempt to change the allocation of Electoral Votes in Blue States from winner take all to district allocation
4. Spearhead movements to repeal the 17th amendment and move selection of Senator from the voters to Statehouse backrooms

An example of^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

rino_big.jpg

rino_big.jpg

Interesting...

In your view, what should republicans do with RINOs?

Drive them from the party and have them vote with the Democrats?

rino_big.jpg

Interesting...

In your view, what should republicans do with RINOs?

Drive them from the party and have them vote with the Democrats?
I think they should be shot on sight.

As the states blue with the generation Obama lied to coming into their political maturity?

Hmmmm .... yeah ....

Dwight Eisenhower

what made him a moderate- exactly, list 5 examples please;

Damn...Its Friday, I didn't know there was going to be a pop quiz

OK lets go...

Eisenhower, much like todays moderate Republicans faced a rebellion from his right. This time it was the Red Scare led by Joseph McCarthy. In the face of extremist anti-Communist rhetoric and attacks, Ike kept a moderating position and held back on the Witch Hunts

Civil rights was hitting big. Ike enforced desegregation of the schools. He proposed the Civil Rights Act of 1957 and 1960

Ike founded the Dept of Health, Education and Welfare

Ike strongly supported the UN

Then there is this quote from Old Ike himself.......... "I have just one purpose ... and that is to build up a strong progressive Republican Party in this country. If the right wing wants a fight, they are going to get it ... before I end up, either this Republican Party will reflect progressivism or I won't be with them anymore

Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Damn solid post!

:clap2:

Why?

Reagan and WJC spring to mind. Both of them compromised and accomplished a lot and had good economic results.

yes that is true, but please don't pretend that Reagan was the representative of the establishment Rockefeller gop.......

Clintons more centrist reality based democratic governing style, is not in great evidence in todays dem party....and what little comparisons can be made, todays dems pretend doesn't exist ala huge sppt. from wall st, big biz etc.

as far as the WH, the dems held the house uninterrupted for 46 years, while a preponderance of presidents were rep's, that may flip, or not...but its not like we may be in uncharted territory.

I was most definitely not pretending that Reagan was anything but a moderate. He was downright liberal when it came to nukes and he was big on compromising in order to pass his legislative agenda.

Ditto with Clinton. He understood that he had to deal with Republicans so he opted for a policy of moderation and compromise.

Neither of those two presidents should be considered to be representative of their party positions in my opinion. Granted this is hindsight and at the time both were the leaders of their respective parties. But what they said and how they behaved was not always the same thing. They were both pragmatists and knew how politics worked.

Trying to go with a pure ideologue strikes me as a losing proposition. The successful presidents have always found a way to work across the aisle. There is simply too much in the way of "checks and balances" for a purist liberal or conservative to impose their will on this nation.

This is why I believe that a Huntsman or Christie would make a far better potus than a Cruz or a Paul.

As the states blue with the generation Obama lied to coming into their political maturity?

Hmmmm .... yeah ....

The younger generations may not idolize BHO but they fear the far reactionary right to their bones.

Terrible...

Very true

Republicans have become a local powerhouse instead of a national one

One of my earliest lessons in the ad biz (never more than 20 +/- very small local clients, but the advertising principles don't change much between local and national/international agencies, from what I understand) was to avoid something called, "self referencing".

Self referencing was the act of making assumptions about consumers based on one's own likes, dislikes, points of view and opinions.

When you make self referencing a regular practice you are going to be wrong more often than you are right. And you ain't in the guessing game. You are in the business of moving product, generating visitors, making the phones ring. If you do it right you'll increase your chances of a loyal clientele. If you do it wrong too often and you go out of business.

That's why agencies make heavy use of focus groups, surveys and polls.

C'est tout.

Forum List

Back