Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
slightly changing avenues. I'm curious as to what each of you do when you come across beggars in the street. I used to always ignore them, even after reading this scripture. I used to always say to myself:

What a slob you are! Why can't you get some self respect and go work for what you want? You only are in this situatio because you are lazy and refuse to contribute to society. I'm not giving you a dime of my hard earned money.

Recently I saw a man holding a sign saying "Hungry. Any Help?" The words of this ancient King named Mosiah came into my head:

And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

I didn't give him any money. But I asked the guy who had as disgusting an appearance as any person I've seen if he had had anything to eat...................He said he hadn't eaten all day. It was 5 o clock and I believed him. I told him I would be right back.......I went across the street to the subway and spent 10 dollars on a hearty footlong meatball sanwich with everything on it and toasted. I never do the meal deal for myself but I got him the drink and the chips. I came back and presented him with this huge meal and...My God....I could feel the greatest sense of accomplishment when I looked in this fellows eyes as he looked in disbelief. He expressed genuine gratitude and I was overcome with the warmest sense of approval before my maker that I had ever felt. I found myself hugging him in my 2000 dollar suit, not caring if he was diseased or filthy. As I walked down the escalator to catch my train home I felt tears coming down my cheeks because I helped a brother of mine.

The next scripture that popped into my head was Jesus in Mattew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

I volunteer with the homeless at a local shelter. It's a very grounding experience. I teach computer skills, reading and writing, etc. to help prepare them for work. It is the most rewarding thing I do. Every December since I've been in the UK, I have helped out there over the Christmas holiday - cooking and helping out.

John Lee Hooker is Amazing! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You will normally find Him on the Blues Thread, Huggy is doing His part here in helping to leave His Thread in the dust.

My goals have already been accomplished you biatches. Thanks for playing!

It's interesting, I think, how certain posters, such as you Little Diaper Dude, find it impossible to be respectful - even in the forums where respect is deemed appropriate by even those who disagree among themselves. It's not surprising, but interesting - that even in this thread, you find it necessary to 'flame' others. Says a lot about you as a person - none of it good.

Whats for Dinner?

Frog Recipes

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tastes Like Chicken!

How about Posting some tunes???

Sure.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOyj4ciJk34[/ame]

John Lee Hooker is Amazing! :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

WAS amazing. I was lucky enough to sit up all night with him and a guitar player friend of mine sippin Jack Daniels and eatin Kentucky fried chicken. They played acoustic guitars and John Lee sang for hours... The best private concert I have ever witnessed.

I have to give ya props for your work with the homeless. That is one thing we share and a cause close to my heart. Good job...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

You will normally find Him on the Blues Thread, Huggy is doing His part here in helping to leave His Thread in the dust.

It's interesting, I think, how certain posters, such as you Little Diaper Dude, find it impossible to be respectful - even in the forums where respect is deemed appropriate by even those who disagree among themselves. It's not surprising, but interesting - that even in this thread, you find it necessary to 'flame' others. Says a lot about you as a person - none of it good.
Huggy seems a bit jealous that others are able to discuss civilly, so he's playing a seagull now. Fly in, shit all over, then fly away. As with seagulls, don't feed them and there's less shit to dodge.

Huggy seems a bit jealous that others are able to discuss civilly, so he's playing a seagull now. Fly in, shit all over, then fly away. As with seagulls, don't feed them and there's less shit to dodge.

Excellent point, Si modo.

My goals have already been accomplished you "biatches"?. That's hardly flaming. Thanks for playing!

Really?...Who have I flamed in this thread? "biatches"?. That's hardly flaming. In fact who have I repeatedly flamed anywhere that didn't deserve it? You do not know a thing about me.

You idiots lost...deal with it. You came to this stupid thread to make it more difficult for me to overtake it in replies and I won...as in you lost. Quit crying....Christ! you people are pathetic. I'm not gonna dance all over the place but just as in the TWAT thread you bit off more than you could chew...you wrote checks you couldn't cash. The proof is what the proof is... I'm done gloating...see ya...

Last edited:

WAS amazing. I was lucky enough to sit up all night with him and a guitar player friend of mine sippin Jack Daniels and eatin Kentucky fried chicken. They played acoustic guitars and John Lee sang for hours... The best private concert I have ever witnessed.

I have to give ya props for your work with the homeless. That is one thing we share and a cause close to my heart. Good job...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I neither seek nor appreciate your 'thanks' for what I do with the homeless. I choose to work with them because I'm a decent person who has been blessed in life. How I choose to repay that good fortune is of no consequence to anyone but me.

My goals have already been accomplished you "biatches"?. That's hardly flaming. Thanks for playing!

Really?...Who have I flamed in this thread? "biatches"?. That's hardly flaming. In fact who have I repeatedly flamed anywhere that didn't deserve it? You do not know a thing about me.

You idiots lost...deal with it. You came to this stupid thread to make it more difficult for me to overtake it in replies and I won...as in you lost. Quit crying....Christ! you people are pathetic. I'm not gonna dance all over the place but just as in the TWAT thread you bit off more than you could chew...you wrote checks you couldn't cash. The proof is what the proof is... I'm done gloating...see ya...

You are as predictable as Democrats bringing higher taxes.

By the way, the mess that your buddies have made since they took back power really doesn't give you any right to gloat.

You need to quit dancing in your dirty diaper and start paying attention.

You are as predictable as Democrats bringing higher taxes.

By the way, the mess that your buddies have made since they took back power really doesn't give you any right to gloat.

You need to quit dancing in your dirty diaper and start paying attention.

I thought his 'you idiots lost' referred to yet another one of his childish whines about this thread being longer than his, pre-merged, one.

But now that he's bored with ranting about the book he plagiarised, perhaps I will now name said book. That will be fun.

Forum List

Back