Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
slightly changing avenues. I'm curious as to what each of you do when you come across beggars in the street. I used to always ignore them, even after reading this scripture. I used to always say to myself:

What a slob you are! Why can't you get some self respect and go work for what you want? You only are in this situatio because you are lazy and refuse to contribute to society. I'm not giving you a dime of my hard earned money.

Recently I saw a man holding a sign saying "Hungry. Any Help?" The words of this ancient King named Mosiah came into my head:

And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

I didn't give him any money. But I asked the guy who had as disgusting an appearance as any person I've seen if he had had anything to eat...................He said he hadn't eaten all day. It was 5 o clock and I believed him. I told him I would be right back.......I went across the street to the subway and spent 10 dollars on a hearty footlong meatball sanwich with everything on it and toasted. I never do the meal deal for myself but I got him the drink and the chips. I came back and presented him with this huge meal and...My God....I could feel the greatest sense of accomplishment when I looked in this fellows eyes as he looked in disbelief. He expressed genuine gratitude and I was overcome with the warmest sense of approval before my maker that I had ever felt. I found myself hugging him in my 2000 dollar suit, not caring if he was diseased or filthy. As I walked down the escalator to catch my train home I felt tears coming down my cheeks because I helped a brother of mine.

The next scripture that popped into my head was Jesus in Mattew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

slightly changing avenues. I'm curious as to what each of you do when you come across beggars in the street. I used to always ignore them, even after reading this scripture. I used to always say to myself:

What a slob you are! Why can't you get some self respect and go work for what you want? You only are in this situatio because you are lazy and refuse to contribute to society. I'm not giving you a dime of my hard earned money.

Recently I saw a man holding a sign saying "Hungry. Any Help?" The words of this ancient King named Mosiah came into my head:

And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

I didn't give him any money. But I asked the guy who had as disgusting an appearance as any person I've seen if he had had anything to eat...................He said he hadn't eaten all day. It was 5 o clock and I believed him. I told him I would be right back.......I went across the street to the subway and spent 10 dollars on a hearty footlong meatball sanwich with everything on it and toasted. I never do the meal deal for myself but I got him the drink and the chips. I came back and presented him with this huge meal and...My God....I could feel the greatest sense of accomplishment when I looked in this fellows eyes as he looked in disbelief. He expressed genuine gratitude and I was overcome with the warmest sense of approval before my maker that I had ever felt. I found myself hugging him in my 2000 dollar suit, not caring if he was diseased or filthy. As I walked down the escalator to catch my train home I felt tears coming down my cheeks because I helped a brother of mine.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

People will be judged ultimately on their individual relationships with God. We just believe our Church helps develop a relationship with God better than any other.

Are you being righteous in your dealings with your fellow men here? Your church teaches that it holds Christ's authority here on earth to act in His name, and your chuch believes that no other mortal or mortal organization holds that authority to speak for God on earth. If you or others in your church deny what I have just written, then you are denying the power and authority of the LDS church here on earth.

Of course we believe what you have written. But you can be a member of God's church all day and twice on sundays but if you don't actually love God and your neighbor, it will not avail you on the judgment day.

So you admit that you believe your church does far more than develops "a relationship with God better than any other." You believe that your leaders, your church, and your priesthood are the only authorities to act in God's matters here on earth. Glad we cleared that up.

Nice that You bought Him a meal. Preconceived notion's, expectation's, should have no place here. Let Conscience dictate, should You find it in Your Heart to Give, do it without regret, cheerfully. Should it bother You to give, don't. We All have different lessons in life, including Those on the Street. You do not know where He has been, and gone through, it is not for You to know. What do You consider in relation to Job or Lazarus? Kindness and Love were the greater gift, without heavy rejection, even greater. There is a game, "Acts of Random Kindness", try it even once a day.

Are you being righteous in your dealings with your fellow men here? Your church teaches that it holds Christ's authority here on earth to act in His name, and your chuch believes that no other mortal or mortal organization holds that authority to speak for God on earth. If you or others in your church deny what I have just written, then you are denying the power and authority of the LDS church here on earth.

Of course we believe what you have written. But you can be a member of God's church all day and twice on sundays but if you don't actually love God and your neighbor, it will not avail you on the judgment day.

So you admit that you believe your church does far more than develops "a relationship with God better than any other." You believe that your leaders, your church, and your priesthood are the only authorities to act in God's matters here on earth. Glad we cleared that up.

Jake in Truth, that's how most Churches, Religions, States, Countries, Football Teams think. Where ever We live is the center of creation. I find it Everywhere I've been, or as an aspect of most People.

I guess that can reasonably be said about every religion. Why should LDS be any different and be condemned because of it. I wonder if you cast the same aspersions at Islam as well.

are you being righteous in your dealings with your fellow men here? Your church teaches that it holds christ's authority here on earth to act in his name, and your chuch believes that no other mortal or mortal organization holds that authority to speak for god on earth. If you or others in your church deny what i have just written, then you are denying the power and authority of the lds church here on earth.

of course we believe what you have written. But you can be a member of god's church all day and twice on sundays but if you don't actually love god and your neighbor, it will not avail you on the judgment day.

so you admit that you believe your church does far more than develops "a relationship with god better than any other." you believe that your leaders, your church, and your priesthood are the only authorities to act in god's matters here on earth. Glad we cleared that up.

bingo

Joe just copied the KJV and wrote it to fit his ego.

How can you expect anyone to take you seriously with an entirely idiotic statement like that. Are you claiming that the 3 chapters in the entire book of mormon that shows the prophet Nephi quoting Isaiah are the only thing in the entire 500 page book of mormon?
Please do yourself a favor and do just a tiny bit of research before embarrassing whatever faith you are trying to represent.

of course we believe what you have written. But you can be a member of god's church all day and twice on sundays but if you don't actually love god and your neighbor, it will not avail you on the judgment day.

so you admit that you believe your church does far more than develops "a relationship with god better than any other." you believe that your leaders, your church, and your priesthood are the only authorities to act in god's matters here on earth. Glad we cleared that up.

bingo

Isn't that the Primary reason most People Join Any Religion?

Don't you get upset if people who read the Book of Mormon don't just love it,

Was the separation from the Church of Christ because they didn't believe Joe's babblings

Summary Statistics Pages:
List of the Major World Religions ordered by size.
Major Branches of Major World Religions
World's Largest Churches (Religious Bodies)
Includes: Top 10 Largest International Religious Bodies
See also: Religious Bodies by Date: Oldest to Youngest
Largest Religious Groups in the U.S.A.
See also: Composite U.S. Demographics - incl. race, ethnic, gender, religion, etc.
Geographical "Top Ten" Lists - Largest communities of Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Lutherans, etc.
World Religions Religion Statistics Geography Church Statistics

Forum List

Back