Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
You already have all blessings in Christ, Avatar, if you are a true believer. No church or priesthood needs to mediate between man and god. His grace is sufficient for each and every one of us.

Beforre you get started on grace, you better understand election and sanctification.
Is this what Mormons teach...that Christians need another man or a priest? Kind of like being Catholic...?

In an alternate universe sort of way as the Catholics, but I certainly don't doubt the sincerity of either LDS or Catholics. Nice people, bad people, just like the rest of us.

OK, so they believe in having priest... what do the priest do ...? Also someone told me Mormons don't like blacks ...?

The LDS relations about black were a bit slower than other denominations but eventually evolved.

Don't pretend that American white denominations were all hunky-dory with black attendance and clergy in those white denominations from the get-go.

Y'all claim Joseph Smith as a Prophet. True? Turns out the bulk of his 'prophecy' turned out to be hot air. Sooooo then are you surprised that he ended up getting what God Says should be dealt to false prophets?

Says the man full of hot air with a reputation to boot. Would you like to discuss or merely accuse?:eusa_whistle:

I like the series Big Love. It presents the Mormon faith in a pretty positive light most of the time. Primetime soap opera about Buddhists would be pretty boring.

I like the series Big Love. It presents the Mormon faith in a pretty positive light most of the time. Primetime soap opera about Buddhists would be pretty boring.

In a positive light?????? How so?

If anything it shows the deep-rooted dicotomy of that faith.

People still holding to plural marriage as blessed by their early prophets........?

The crazy ramifications of multiple spouses, and multiple pulls on the male spouse to meet the needs sexually, emotionally of the female spouses in total...........?

Of course this was amended by a special message from "holy father" to later prophets...................Just like the allowing of the Negroid race human being/Mormon finally being allowed to partake in their priesthood......?

Joseph Smith's prophecy about the Civil War.................What a "no brainer"................There wasn't an American many years before the Civil War, that did have premonitions that there would be a major split in our country over slavery, state's rights, and the extent of federal control.............

So Joseph Smith made what most Americans knew would be happening in the next few years..............."A Prophecy".

My Lord! :clap2:

Joseph Smith's prophecy about the Civil War.................What a "no brainer"................There wasn't an American many years before the Civil War, that did have premonitions that there would be a major split in our country over slavery, state's rights, and the extent of federal control.............

So Joseph Smith made what most Americans knew would be happening in the next few years..............."A Prophecy".

Really? Which is why it was of course decried as ludicrous before the Civil war happened.

And Joseph just so happened to describe exactly where and what conditions would be present when it started.

Or that it would be the first of the great wars that devestated the world in the last days. And, of course, it was with industrialization.

I think its obvious that we are facing a civil war soon if we dont turn away from the path we are currently on. The majority seems to think that's crazy. You honestly think everyone was just like "Oh wow, Josephs so obviously right that a civil war is going to start in South Carolina between the North and South."

In reality, your excuse that "everyone knew" is already an admission that he was correct.

Really? Which is why it was of course decried as ludicrous before the Civil war happened.

And Joseph just so happened to describe exactly where and what conditions would be present when it started.

Or that it would be the first of the great wars that devestated the world in the last days. And, of course, it was with industrialization.

I think its obvious that we are facing a civil war soon if we dont turn away from the path we are currently on. The majority seems to think that's crazy. You honestly think everyone was just like "Oh wow, Josephs so obviously right that a civil war is going to start in South Carolina between the North and South."

In reality, your excuse that "everyone knew" is already an admission that he was correct.

Your are so brainwashed............It's pitiful! You can't think for yourself...............your straight LDS talking points.............without a bit of your own logic or reason. :(

JS was making a common prediction based on the nullification crisis, South Carolina's obstinancy, and Andrew Jackson's willingness to crush any rebellion against the Union. Smith was predicting a short-term crisis in 1832, not one 29 years later.

JS was making a common prediction based on the nullification crisis, South Carolina's obstinancy, and Andrew Jackson's willingness to crush any rebellion against the Union. Smith was predicting a short-term crisis in 1832, not one 29 years later.

I.E..........His alleged prophecies were........"No Brainers"..........or out in "left field"? ...............Kinda like trying to convince his "duped" cliental in New York that there was Spanish gold to be found in New York if they would only put they're confidence($$$$) in him and his father.

Eightball, your contention is a possibility, but you can't prove it. Other possibilities exist: JS was delusional, JS had bi-polarism (which is at times characterized by hyper-sexuality), JS was a prophet.

My point here is this: this claim of Smith's in 1832 was a mainstream belief, nothing unusual at all. If he had said this will happen in "April 1862 in the great and spacious bay known as Charleston," then we should all pay closer attention I would admit.

Last edited:
Eightball, your contention is a possibility, but you can't prove it. Other possibilities exist: JS was delusional, JS had bi-polarism (which is at times characterized by hyper-sexuality), JS was a prophet.

My point here is this: this claim of Smith's in 1832 was a mainstream belief, nothing unusual at all. If he had said this will happen in "April 1862 in the great and spacious bay known as Charleston," then we should all pay closer attention I would admit.

Beg to differ, Starkey........on one point of your post...........

Joseph Smith meets the total biblical criteria of a "false prophet".

I have been remiss.

I have failed in my obligation to regularly bump this thread.

Belated bumpage!

I have a question for yu

Why are you bumping this thread? Are you a mormon?

So far, it seems that Truthspeaker is doing fine in mainstreaming Mormonism with his posts. I no longer see them as a bunch of cookie cutters and kids in white shirts and dress slacks riding around on bikes trying to spread the faith.

Now I see them as another group of crazy Christians!! Right up there between the Baptists and the Catholics.

Stop denouncing alcohol, Mormons!!
Some of us need a hard drink every now and then

Beg to differ, Starkey........on one point of your post...........

Joseph Smith meets the total biblical criteria of a "false prophet".

According to your interp of scriptures, yes, I understand you believe that.

I have been remiss.

I have failed in my obligation to regularly bump this thread.

Belated bumpage!

I have a question for yu

Why are you bumping this thread? Are you a mormon?

So far, it seems that Truthspeaker is doing fine in mainstreaming Mormonism with his posts. I no longer see them as a bunch of cookie cutters and kids in white shirts and dress slacks riding around on bikes trying to spread the faith.

Now I see them as another group of crazy Christians!! Right up there between the Baptists and the Catholics.

Stop denouncing alcohol, Mormons!!
Some of us need a hard drink every now and then

No, I am of above average IQ.

Huh?

Oh. MorMon.

Well, gee; that's different, isn't it?

Why am I bumping this thread?

Because it deserves bumpage.

I have always seen Mormons as an odd offshoot of the Christian faith.

I am not very religious, but I am not as disdainful of the religious beliefs of others as you seem to be (if we don't count Muslims, that is).

Islam is an entirely fucked-up fraudulently based "religion."

you already have all blessings in christ, avatar, if you are a true believer. No church or priesthood needs to mediate between man and god. His grace is sufficient for each and every one of us.

Beforre you get started on grace, you better understand election and sanctification.
is this what mormons teach...that christians need another man or a priest? Kind of like being catholic...?

no

I've found his prophecies have been fairly accurate. How many people predicted where the beginning of the Civil War happened 30 years before it starts? ..............QUOTE]

The prophecy given 25 December 1832 reads:

1 VERILY, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;
2 And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.
3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.
4 And it shall come to pass, after many days, slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war.
5 And it shall come to pass also that the remnants who are left of the land will marshal themselves, and shall become exceedingly angry, and shall vex the Gentiles with a sore vexation.
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
7 That the cry of the saints, and of the blood of the saints, shall cease to come up into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, from the earth, to be avenged of their enemies.
8 Wherefore, stand ye in holy places, and be not moved, until the day of the Lord come; for behold, it cometh quickly, saith the Lord. Amen. (D&C 87:1-8)

this is what the JS 'prophecy' was referring to. Old JS was just indulging in a bit of newspaper fueled pontificating which turned out 99.9% wrongunless spun at more than 100,000,000 rpm

On July 14, 1832, after Calhoun had resigned his office in order to run for the Senate where he could more effectively defend nullification[4], Jackson signed into law the Tariff of 1832. This compromise tariff received the support of most northerners and half of the southerners in Congress.[5] The reductions were too little for South Carolina, and in November 1832 a state convention declared that the tariffs of both 1828 and 1832 were unconstitutional and unenforceable in South Carolina after February 1, 1833. Military preparations to resist anticipated federal enforcement were initiated by the state.[6] In late February both a Force Bill, authorizing the President to use military force against South Carolina, and a new negotiated tariff satisfactory to South Carolina were passed by Congress. The South Carolina convention reconvened and repealed its Nullification Ordinance on March 11, 1833.

Nullification Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sigh. How many other Americans were predicting Civil War in 1832 as the South was once again acting stupid? JS was one of many talking about right then, not 29 years in the future. Your context historically is wrong.

sorry, Jake,
but to call first shots in south Carolina and the whole slaves vs. Masters thing is just too scarily accurate for me. Anything else anyone says about the matter is just subjective.

Is this what Mormons teach...that Christians need another man or a priest? Kind of like being Catholic...?

In an alternate universe sort of way as the Catholics, but I certainly don't doubt the sincerity of either LDS or Catholics. Nice people, bad people, just like the rest of us.

OK, so they believe in having priest... what do the priest do ...? Also someone told me Mormons don't like blacks ...?

Our religion is growing faster in Africa than anywhere else. I think we really like black people:)

Your are so brainwashed............It's pitiful! You can't think for yourself...............your straight LDS talking points.............without a bit of your own logic or reason. :(

:wtf: I've really missed the free entertainment I get from you 8-ball. You never cease to amaze me with your baseless comments. To predict that the south would specifically call on Great Britain is "obviously something everyone knew" 30 years in advance. Oh right, because the people were so progressive and so ready for equal rights as a whole back then right?

Please gimme a break. Break me off a piece of that
kit_kat_gimme_a_break.jpg

Forum List

Back