Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The Book of Mormon is the best original religious fiction in American literature: truly a marvel!

This thread has turned way lame.

It has turned SOOOOO lame, in fact, that I now feel a little bit guilty for having bumped it back a few months ago.

Why do you think I havent been posting as much? There is nothing of substance to respond to and hasnt been in a while.

Mormons have no truth, just read the book of Mormons, it's total fiction.

Actually, read the Book of Mormon. You might be surprised by what you find.

I've read some of it, I was surprised how little common sense it had in it.

for one, basically, everyone on earth now was a spirit in the pre-existence. When we die, our spirits are separated from our bodies and if we were good they go to “spirit paradise.” If we were bad they go to “spirit prison.” The spirit world exists as a place for spirits to go while awaiting the second coming.

No proof, and it's a crazy idea.

Adamo, your comments reveal you have read little, if any, of the Book of Mormon. It does not not talk about pre-existent spirits. And above? No, no sarcasm at all. The work is truly unique.

Last edited:
Adamo, your comments reveals you have read little, if any, of the Book of Mormon. It does not not talk about pre-existent spirits. And above? No, no sarcasm at all. The work is truly unique.

Can someone translate this into English?

Check my post, Adamo. It is clear and to the point. Deal with the points here, son, and you will be OK.

It's been far too long since I've been on here. Adamo has glanced at this thread and would like to pass final judgment on us as an ignorant and crazy people. Curious that someone would come to such a hasty conclusion.

His rash judgments lead me to believe there is an underlying concern that he has that he doesn't want to communicate to the rest of us. Also since plain english seems to be a problem we have a mixture of two things, ignorance and arrogance. So I likely won't get far with him either.

Thanks for the bumps and I do realize the thread has gotten flabby. Most of the reason for that is like what avatar said, very little substance besides juvenile jabs have gone on here. 8 ball has substance but it's just more of the same so it would be nice to have a fresh face in here again....with fresh interest to boot.

ok, if you can't answer that one, how about this truly bizarre no proof belief:

The Book of Mormon is a book that takes place during the same time as the Bible and takes place on the American continent. It follows the stories of two tribes who descended from the family of Lehi. After Jesus’ resurrection LDS people believe he visited the peoples of the Americas.

How do you figure that?

The Book of Mormon is a book that takes place during the same time as the Bible and takes place on the American continent. It follows the stories of two tribes who descended from the family of Lehi. After Jesus’ resurrection LDS people believe he visited the peoples of the Americas.

How do you figure that?

Good, I am glad you are back to what is written. I am not LDS, but I do understand American literature. The BoM is a great piece of American religious fiction. If you don't like it, OK, you are entitled to your opinion, but that means nothing other than for you.

How do you figure that?

Good, I am glad you are back to what is written. I am not LDS, but I do understand American literature. The BoM is a great piece of American religious fiction. If you don't like it, OK, you are entitled to your opinion, but that means nothing other than for you.

Then stfu.

I don't have to, Adamo, and neither do you. But I will keep making you look like a fool when you post stupid stuff. That's what I do.

What, asking what makes them think Jesus walked in the Americas is stupid? If you have no answer but to say: YOU'RE STUPID! Then you'd look less foolish yourself if you just shut the fuck up.

Not at all, because your tone was accusatory, in the beginning half of the much you were writing was wrong, and I asked you to clean up you act. You are the foolish one.

I told you that I am not LDS, but I know far more about it than you do. Shoot, Truthspeaker and Avitar4321 between them might know a third of what I know about it. Good beliefs, fine people, interesting literature, depraved beginnings: what more would you want in an American story?

What, asking what makes them think Jesus walked in the Americas is stupid? If you have no answer but to say: YOU'RE STUPID! Then you'd look less foolish yourself if you just shut the fuck up.

The Spirit has revealed it. But you don't have to take my word for it. Ask God yourself.

Forum List

Back