Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
You should read the comments of good temple-going LDS historians like Richard Bushman or Todd Compton about the guys and gals from FAIR. Those kiddos do more damage for the LDS church than twenty devils.
well thanks, but I was a mormon, first hand experience and all that!

You'd be amazed how many people have told me that who have been lying through their teeth or completely ignorant of what the Church actually taught. Not saying you are one. But it happens more often than I'd like to see.

I would like a full explaination of why Mormans baptise dead people of other faiths and of people who claimed an avout disbelief in a god. I would like to know how Mormans do not see this practice as disrepect for others views and wishes.

You should read the comments of good temple-going LDS historians like Richard Bushman or Todd Compton about the guys and gals from FAIR. Those kiddos do more damage for the LDS church than twenty devils.

You'd be amazed how many people have told me that who have been lying through their teeth or completely ignorant of what the Church actually taught. Not saying you are one. But it happens more often than I'd like to see.
you're right I'm not one.
but that's off topic at least in this part of the thread the point was did the founders of the LDS church have sex with under age females, the answer is yes they did.
that makes them no different than any other 19th century Christian group ,since the average marring age was between 13-16 years for women and 17 to 20 for men at the time.
the rub came in this thread when the "Mormons" denied it,either directly or indirectly.

I would like a full explaination of why Mormans baptise dead people of other faiths and of people who claimed an avout disbelief in a god. I would like to know how Mormans do not see this practice as disrepect for others views and wishes.
they do it to make more mormons in the after life.
their excuse is that they are the one true faith.
a few years ago they were sued by a group of jews for it.

Holocaust survivors to Mormons: Stop baptisms of dead Jews

m for the dead
‘Baptism for the dead’ is one of many un-biblical practices of the Mormon Church — which, theologicaly, is a cult of Christianity
What is Baptism for the Dead?
The Mormon/Jewish Controversy chronicles the controversy between leaders of the Jewish faith and of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints regarding the Mormon practice of posthumously baptizing deceased Jews into the Mormon faith.

Research resources on the Mormon Church
Comments & resources by ReligionNewsBlog.com

but that's off topic at least in this part of the thread the point was did the founders of the LDS church have sex with under age females, the answer is yes they did.
that makes them no different than any other 19th century Christian group ,since the average marring age was between 13-16 years for women and 17 to 20 for men at the time.
the rub came in this thread when the "Mormons" denied it,either directly or indirectly.

When it happened in the first marriage, yes. However, the stats are skewed. Folks in few numbers married at those ages.

Now when you look at LDS men marrying the second and third and fourth times. his age goes up and the women's ages drop dramatically. Lyman Wight, for instance, at the age of almost 50 took n 18 year old as his fourth wife. Plenty of examples exist of this decreasing age phenomenon.

No, LDS plural relationships did not mirror Americans society.

FAIR is an apologetics arm of the Neal A. Maxwell Institute at Brigham Young University.

The article is slanted and the stats are truly fuzzy.

Find something more appropriate, please.

Prove the stats are fuzzy.

They are your stats. Prove they are right. You can't.

Im not responsible for the article. You are the one claiming they are fuzzy. What evidence do you have other than a Mormon said them?

When it happened in the first marriage, yes. However, the stats are skewed. Folks in few numbers married at those ages.

Now when you look at LDS men marrying the second and third and fourth times. his age goes up and the women's ages drop dramatically. Lyman Wight, for instance, at the age of almost 50 took n 18 year old as his fourth wife. Plenty of examples exist of this decreasing age phenomenon.

No, LDS plural relationships did not mirror Americans society.
(cue buzzer)wrong!
the only place it does not match societal norms is in it's plurality
the rest is dead on.
you're leaving out the fact that the average life expectancy in the 19th century for men was 53 and women 57.
so it made biological sense to marry young

Without appearing "silly"...What is the TRUTH about the underwear?
the "garments" as they are called, are supposed to protect you from any spiritual or physical damage..
they are also a sign of your loyalty to the faith.
on the other hand they've proven rather useless against arrows ,bullets, fires, plane and car crashes...etc..

Forum List

Back