Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I had some mormons come to my door a while back. I told them that I could PROVE that their god doesn't exist, so they shut up to listen, a young man and a young woman, so I told them: if your god did exist, do you really think that he'd need you to go door to door for him? The girl burst out laughing to then quickly restrain herself, and I went back in the house and closed the door.

I thought the Mormons didn't do co-ed missionary teams.
Could of been Jehovah's witnesses or something else. They're all nutters. If the god of mormons is so great, do you think that it would need anyone to go door to door for it?

I worked with a Jehovah's Witless for a couple years. While they don't match the Mormons for pure douchebaggery, they are pretty annoying.

Um, yeah, guy, I hate you guys for reasons that you completely deserve. Because you are evil cult that lies to people on a daily basis.

Boy, it was so much fun watching Romney go down flailing....

Yeah, that's why you are the one who has been lying. How funny that is.

Naw, man, I never went around telling people God gave me Golden Tablets or some such shit...

The premise stands because you can't refute it.

Your attempt is called Refutation by Analogy, and like all derivative analogies, it collapses quickly.

You are a faith believer, Daws, like everyone else. Sorry, girl, da way it is.

Myth:
You cannot prove that God doesn't exist; therefore, atheism is based on faith.

Response:
Often theists will try to place atheism and theism on the same plane by arguing that while theists cannot prove that god exists, atheists also cannot prove that god does not exist. This is used as a basis for arguing that there is no objective means for determining which is preferable because neither has a logical or empirical advantage over the other. Thus, the only reason for going with one or the other is faith and then, presumably, the theist will argue that their faith is somehow better than the atheist's faith.

You have stated you think God does not exist. You can't prove that, thus you believe an unprovable thing. That is called faith in your beliefs.
wrong again, I said there is no evidence to prove god exists...Definition of BELIEVE
intransitive verb

a : to have a firm religious faith

b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts>

since there is no evidence either way the term believe does not apply

Your definition......
b : to accept something as true, genuine, or real <ideals we believe in> <believes in ghosts> . You ACCEPT the statement that God does not exist. Thus you accept as true the statement God does not exist. You BELIEVE that God does not exist.

Pretty simple concept really.
Myth:

Response:
Often theists will try to place atheism and theism on the same plane by arguing that while theists cannot prove that god exists, atheists also cannot prove that god does not exist. This is used as a basis for arguing that there is no objective means for determining which is preferable because neither has a logical or empirical advantage over the other. Thus, the only reason for going with one or the other is faith and then, presumably, the theist will argue that their faith is somehow better than the atheist's faith.

Your attempt is called Refutation by Analogy, and like all derivative analogies, it collapses quickly.

Myth:

Response:

The atheist myth is that it can be proven scientifically or philosophically that God does not exist.

That is a fable, just like religious fables.

You atheists are faith believers.

Myth:

Response:

The atheist myth is that it can be proven scientifically or philosophically that God does not exist.

That is a fable, just like religious fables.

You atheists are faith believers.
spoken like a true theist...
God's non-existence has already been "proven,That's if you interpret the word "exist" in terms of a physical, tangible "thing".
if not .
then the only logical place for a debate would be a paranormal thread .

Spoken, rather, like a rational human, unlike the believing atheist such as you.

You cannot disprove God empirically anymore than I can prove that He exists.

You atheists are such a bunch of silly bunnies.

Last edited:
Spoken, rather, like a rational human, unlike the believing atheist such as you.

You can disprove God empirically anymore than I can prove that He exists.

by definition believing in super natural beings is NOT rational....
I'd have to say you are reasonable..

We are all reasonable and irrational to respective points.

That's because we are flawed mortals.

We are all reasonable and irrational to respective points.

That's because we are flawed mortals.
not me!:eek:

Myth:
Response:
That's why the only intelligent position to have is to be agnostic: there is no proof either way, but if someone ever finds some real proof either way, I'm open to changing my mind.

Theists and atheists are not much concerned at all about what agnostics think, and generally wish them well.

Theists and atheists are not much concerned at all about what agnostics think, and generally wish them well.

Theists for sure care what other people who don't believe think. That's why they come to my door to try to convert me. You don't see agnostics or atheists doing that, now do you?

Theists for sure care what other people who don't believe think. That's why they come to my door to try to convert me. You don't see agnostics or atheists doing that, now do you?

Watch the atheists on this thread. They are as big proselytizers for their beliefs as are the evangelicals and fundamentalists for theirs. :lol:

that would be strange and funny what would they say? " hi, would you like to not come to our meeting?"

Watch the atheists on this thread. They are as big proselytizers for their beliefs as are the evangelicals and fundamentalists for theirs. :lol:
really? how do you proselytize something not existing.

Forum List

Back