Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Glenn Beck is a mormon. I dont want any part of a religion that Glenn Beck is part of.

Period.

God Bless.

841_588574701164399_719084226_n.jpg

I managed to get the attention of a bunch of morms some years ago. They harassed us for 5 solid years. They finally left us alone when I sort of waved a little Saturday night special at them in what must have looked like the Keystone Kops. It probably would have taken my own hand of if I had fired it but it was enough to finally scare them off.

As for reading the BoM - fergit it. Big mish-mash of nonsense.

Unless, of course, you already speak in tongues!

Sure did. Plenty of it. and plenty more to come. But you pholks call them "Maya" ruins.
that's the second biggest lie the Mormons have ever told..
. Argument #3: Archaeologists confirm the historical content of the B of Mormon

1. Statements by the Smithsonian Institution and the National Geographic Society:
•"The Smithsonian Institution has never used the Book of Mormon in any way as a scientific guide. Smithsonian archaeologists see no connection between the archaeology of the New, World and the subject matter of the Book." Official Statement, 1979
•"Neither representatives of the National Geographic Society nor, to my knowledge, archeologists connected with any other institution or equal prestige have ever used the Book of Mormon in locating historic ruins in Middle America or elsewhere." Dr. Neal Judd
Historical inaccuracy of the Book of Mormon

Hah!!! The Smithsonian??? What a joke!!! Of course they must and absolutely must ignore the Book of Mormon! To consider it for a moment would shatter all their ideas about God not existing and their theories and convolutions about he origins of man on all continents, let alone the Western Hemisphere. Ignorance is bliss to that well funded quack society who refuses to consider all evidence.

Do you base your life on that good ol boys network?
can you rationalize any harder?

that's the second biggest lie the Mormons have ever told..
. Argument #3: Archaeologists confirm the historical content of the B of Mormon

1. Statements by the Smithsonian Institution and the National Geographic Society:
•"The Smithsonian Institution has never used the Book of Mormon in any way as a scientific guide. Smithsonian archaeologists see no connection between the archaeology of the New, World and the subject matter of the Book." Official Statement, 1979
•"Neither representatives of the National Geographic Society nor, to my knowledge, archeologists connected with any other institution or equal prestige have ever used the Book of Mormon in locating historic ruins in Middle America or elsewhere." Dr. Neal Judd
Historical inaccuracy of the Book of Mormon

Hah!!! The Smithsonian??? What a joke!!! Of course they must and absolutely must ignore the Book of Mormon! To consider it for a moment would shatter all their ideas about God not existing and their theories and convolutions about he origins of man on all continents, let alone the Western Hemisphere. Ignorance is bliss to that well funded quack society who refuses to consider all evidence.

Do you base your life on that good ol boys network?
can you rationalize any harder?
Can't rationalize any better!

'

If science produces very clear results, and some people still cannot accept the facts, then there is little point in taking them seriously.

They are throwing themselves into the garbage bin of history.

I certainly won't stand intheir way.

One of these days, I'd like the critics of the Book of Mormon to actually read it for themselves instead of relying on what others say about it. I think it would surprise them.

One of these days, I'd like the critics of the Book of Mormon to actually read it for themselves instead of relying on what others say about it. I think it would surprise them.
I was certainly surprised -- and appalled -- that anyone could have brains so crude that they could not immediately perceive that such garbage was the production of a 19th century illiterate hick from upstate New York.

I still regret the hours I spent as a teenager plowing through such fecal matter in a misguided attempt to be fair to the opinions of religious cranks. To think I could have been improving my mind by reading the works of Machiavelli !!

Forget about the absurd content of this long, tedious screed -- the pathetic attempt to imitate the style of the Bible should be an abomination to anyone with sensitive feelings.

Anyone who could read such poorly written trash without feeling offended certainly did not deserve to graduate from a high school English class !!

Last edited:

That sword cuts both ways. I have run into many Mormons who express highly negative opinions of mainstream Christianity with no knowledge of the doctrine, history, or practice of the groups they are trashing. BYU is a particularly fertile ground for misinformation and naked prejudice.

BTW I have no dog in the fight, not being Christian of any flavor myself. And I refrain from comment on the BoM or D&C as I have not read them (and have no desire to).

That sword cuts both ways. I have run into many Mormons who express highly negative opinions of mainstream Christianity with no knowledge of the doctrine, history, or practice of the groups they are trashing. BYU is a particularly fertile ground for misinformation and naked prejudice.

BTW I have no dog in the fight, not being Christian of any flavor myself. And I refrain from comment on the BoM or D&C as I have not read them (and have no desire to).
I HAVE. take my word for it, the phone book is a better read.

Anyone who trashes another's faith is trashing themselves, regardless of their affiliation. Education, reason, discussion, are beyond such as have already manifest themselves on his now ancient thread

I was certainly surprised -- and appalled -- that anyone could have brains so crude that they could not immediately perceive that such garbage was the production of a 19th century illiterate hick from upstate New York.

I still regret the hours I spent as a teenager plowing through such fecal matter in a misguided attempt to be fair to the opinions of religious cranks. To think I could have been improving my mind by reading the works of Machiavelli !!

Forget about the absurd content of this long, tedious screed -- the pathetic attempt to imitate the style of the Bible should be an abomination to anyone with sensitive feelings.

Anyone who could read such poorly written trash without feeling offended certainly did not deserve to graduate from a high school English class !!

The BoM is bad Bible Fan Fic.

I was kind of hoping the defeat of Mitt Romney would mean I wouldn't have to talk about these fools anymore.

Here's the overall problem. Unlike the Bible, which can be seen as a collection of slanted history, there is only one conclusion one can draw from the Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith made it all up. That is proven by the fact that there is no evidence of the Nephite civilization having ever existed.

The BoM is bad Bible Fan Fic.

I was kind of hoping the defeat of Mitt Romney would mean I wouldn't have to talk about these fools anymore.

Here's the overall problem. Unlike the Bible, which can be seen as a collection of slanted history, there is only one conclusion one can draw from the Book of Mormon.

Joseph Smith made it all up. That is proven by the fact that there is no evidence of the Nephite civilization having ever existed.

Ya but them Neophites be some fiesty MoFos... doncha know... :lol: To hear them tell it in the Boooook of the Mormans they were kickin ass and taking names all through the Mideast. That is when they weren't getting THIER asses handed to them.. :lol:

Kinda reminds me of the Arabs ..pre-Muhammed.. Can't live with em... can't kill em off fast enough... :lol:

Forum List

Back