Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Let's get back on topic and expose the scam of Mormonism.

Smith was a two bit con-artist. The Book of Mormon is boring fraud plagiarized from the Old Testament. The claims of Mormon civilization in the New World is complete idiocy with zero substantiation by archeology or anthropology.

What else is there to say?

Oh, most Morons are really nice, decent people.

I enjoy talking to Mormon missionaries. They are so young, fresh, and innocent that if I was gay, or if they were girls I would be attracted to them.

I talk to them with respect. However, it is always the case that I know more about their religion than they do. I have to tell them about The Book of Abraham. When I explain about the papyri that was discovered in 1966 they smile, but without any indication that they understand what I am saying.

It takes courage to knock on doors and talk to strangers the way Mormon Missionaries do. :eek:

Usually they encounter polite indifference. Sometimes they encounter hostility. On rare occasions they find someone who is receptive to their message. I imagine my kind of response is most rare. Nevertheless, they must encounter someone like me now and then. Perhaps they encounter a former Mormon who is polite to them, and knowledgeable in the faith.

I imagine that many intelligent well educated Mormons lose their faith on their missions.

Let's get back on topic and expose the scam of Mormonism.

Smith was a two bit con-artist. The Book of Mormon is boring fraud plagiarized from the Old Testament. The claims of Mormon civilization in the New World is complete idiocy with zero substantiation by archeology or anthropology.

I enjoy talking to Mormon missionaries. They are so young, fresh, and innocent that if I was gay, or if they were girls I would be attracted to them.

I talk to them with respect. However, it is always the case that I know more about their religion than they do. I have to tell them about The Book of Abraham. When I explain about the papyri that was discovered in 1966 they smile, but without any indication that they understand what I am saying.

It takes courage to knock on doors and talk to strangers the way Mormon Missionaries do. :eek:

Usually they encounter polite indifference. Sometimes they encounter hostility. On rare occasions they find someone who is receptive to their message. I imagine my kind of response is most rare. Nevertheless, they must encounter someone like me now and then. Perhaps they encounter a former Mormon who is polite to them, and knowledgeable in the faith.

I imagine that many intelligent well educated Mormons lose their faith on their missions.
were you mormon? I was ...there is a rationalization for why adolescent males are chosen to be missionaries ..can you guess what it is?

were you mormon? I was ...there is a rationalization for why adolescent males are chosen to be missionaries ..can you guess what it is?
Because they are naive.

Because they are naive.
close...

No I can't.

Did you leave the Church of Latter Day Saints because you got tired of all the prohibitions, or because you investigated the Mormon Church like I did and discovered that it was built on a foundation of lies?

I wanted very much for Mormonism to be true. For me the prohibitions were no problem.

No I can't.

Did you leave the Church of Latter Day Saints because you got tired of all the prohibitions, or because you investigated the Mormon Church like I did and discovered that it was built on a foundation of lies?

I wanted very much for Mormonism to be true. For me the prohibitions were no problem.
the prohibitions were a huge part of why I left ..any 16 I couldn't stand the idea of being forcefully precluded from a life I had not yet lived.
as to the dogma ,from the very first time I heard the "golden plates" bullshit I wanted out.

I would think that intelligent Mormons, especially intelligent Mormon teenagers, would access anti Mormon websites and discover troubling arguments they cannot answer.
The phrase "intelligent Mormon" appears to me to be an oxymoron. If a person is intelligent, they could not possibly be a Mormon, and if they are a Mormon, they could not possibly be intelligent.

The only two exceptions I can think of would be intelligent young people who want out of the cult, but have not yet found a way to leave.

The other exception would be intelligent con-men who know the cult is a lie, but who use it to swindle and cheat gullible fools.

here's a handy hint:the mormons do not drop you from their records for non participation.
to leave "the church" you must fill out some paperwork stating why you left..
and be subject to a church court.
talking about overreaching.
I left the "church" in 1975 and periodically over the years have had visits from elders and missionaries threatening or pleading with me to come back into the fold.

here's a handy hint:the mormons do not drop you from their records for non participation.
I left the "church" in 1975 and periodically over the years have had visits from elders and missionaries threatening or pleading with me to come back into the fold.
So typical of all totalitarian organizations -- from Stalin"s gulag to the sinister militarists ruling the US government.

Just as in Orwell's 1984, they will not leave you alone until you are bludgeoned into Praising Big Brother.

So typical of all totalitarian organizations -- from Stalin"s gulag to the sinister militarists ruling the US government.

Just as in Orwell's 1984, they will not leave you alone until you are bludgeoned into Praising Big Brother.

Sample Resignation Letter | Mormon No More

I would think that intelligent Mormons, especially intelligent Mormon teenagers, would access anti Mormon websites and discover troubling arguments they cannot answer.
The phrase "intelligent Mormon" appears to me to be an oxymoron. If a person is intelligent, they could not possibly be a Mormon, and if they are a Mormon, they could not possibly be intelligent.

The only two exceptions I can think of would be intelligent young people who want out of the cult, but have not yet found a way to leave.

The other exception would be intelligent con-men who know the cult is a lie, but who use it to swindle and cheat gullible fools.

Intelligence is a biological characteristic, not an ideological characteristic. I have read that most of those who convert to Mormonism are poorly educated, but many born into the faith are intelligent, and stay in the faith.

I have known intelligent Mormons. They were the one's who became uncomfortable when I talked to them about The Book of Abraham. The others hardly understood what I was talking about.

Mitt Romney had to be intelligent to get into Harvard Business School. Quite a few Mormons who were born into the faith have good academic credentials.

Mormonism requires major sacrifices of time and money from its members. It is reasonable to assume that the vast majority of those who remain in the faith are sincere.

Nevertheless, once the sacrifices have been made smart Mormons may want to believe that their previous sacrifices were worth it, so they suppress their doubts.

Last edited:

Intelligence is a biological characteristic, not an ideological characteristic. I have read that most of those who convert to Mormonism are poorly educated, but many born into the faith are intelligent, and stay in the faith.

I have known intelligent Mormons. They were the one's who became uncomfortable when I talked to them about The Book of Abraham. The others hardly understood what I was talking about.

Mitt Romney had to be intelligent to get into Harvard Business School. Quite a few Mormons who were born into the faith have good academic credentials.

Mormonism requires major sacrifices of time and money from its members. It is reasonable to assume that the vast majority of those who remain in the faith are sincere.

Nevertheless, once the sacrifices have been made smart Mormons may want to believe that their previous sacrifices were worth it, so they suppress their doubts.

They believe in mammon.

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

Perhaps you could address why the Mormon church believes Satan is the brother of Jesus. I've included a link quoting Mormon explanation for your convenience.

http://www.bible-truth.org/jesusbro.htm

Hmm... it's been about 2 1/2 hours now. I guess that one stumped you. Let me know when you figure it out. Thanks. - J.

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

Perhaps you could address why the Mormon church believes Satan is the brother of Jesus. I've included a link quoting Mormon explanation for your convenience.

Jesus is an Angel as was Satan. Pretty simple concept.

Hmm... it's been about 2 1/2 hours now. I guess that one stumped you. Let me know when you figure it out. Thanks. - J.

It's beyond understanding that mormons believe these tachings yet do not believe in the science of evolution.

I am a Mormon and I believe that evolution exists within a species. And until someone proves that one mammalian species ever evolved into 2 DISTINCTLY different species I will not believe it can happen.

Jesus is an Angel as was Satan. Pretty simple concept.

Actually, it's a pretty silly concept. But about what I expect out of LDS types.

Forum List

Back