Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Gee, you have a nice friendly religion there. No wonder mormons comprise 0.000000001% of the world's people, you're waaaayyyyyy too friendly.

The mormans showed thier hand when they sucked up to howard hughes and stole his estate.

Approximately three weeks after Hughes' death, a handwritten will was found on the desk of an official of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City. The so-called "Mormon Will" gave US$1.56 billion to various charitable organizations (including US$625 million to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute); nearly US$470 million to the upper-management in Hughes' companies and to his aides; US$156 million to first cousin William Lummis; US$156 million split equally between his two ex-wives Ella Rice and Jean Peters; and US$156 million to a gas-station owner named Melvin Dummar. Dummar initially denied any knowledge about the will but changed his story when his fingerprints were found on the envelope containing the will.

Dummar claimed to reporters that late one evening in December 1967, he found a disheveled and dirty man lying along U.S. Highway 95, 150 miles (240 km) north of Las Vegas. The man asked for a ride to Las Vegas. Dropping him off at the Sands Hotel, Dummar said the man told him he was Hughes. Dummar then claimed that days after Hughes' death, a "mysterious man" appeared at his gas station, leaving an envelope containing the will on his desk. Unsure if the will was genuine, and unsure of what to do, Dummar left the will at the LDS Church office. In a trial lasting seven months, the Mormon Will was eventually rejected by the Nevada court in June 1978 as a forgery. The court declared that Hughes had died intestate.

Hughes' US$2.5 billion estate was eventually split in 1983 among 22 cousins, including William Lummis who serves as a trustee of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dummar was largely discounted by the public as a phony and an opportunist. Jonathan Demme's film Melvin and Howard (starring Jason Robards and Paul Le Mat), was based on Dummar's tale.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Hughes Aircraft was owned by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, who sold it to General Motors in 1985 for US$5.2 billion. Suits brought by the states of California and Texas claiming they were owed inheritance tax were both rejected by the court. In 1984, Hughes' estate paid an undisclosed amount to Terry Moore, who claimed to have been secretly married to Hughes on a yacht in international waters off Mexico in 1949 and never divorced. Although Moore never produced proof of a marriage, her book, The Beauty and the Billionaire, became a bestseller.

sounds to me like the Supreme Court made a ruling and nobody took anything. I'm not quite sure your point.

You know what my point is and has been consistantly in this thread. The mormans are about control as a cult is. They are about stealing inherhitances as they did with hughes. The mormans are about the money. Like the Jim Jones church with the exception of the suicides I see no difference.

Again I try to have first hand info before I rail on any group. About three years ago I was working on an invention that required a computer tech to verify the validity of a major component of my business plan. The guy I hired was a morman. He gave me the book of morman which I read. This poor fucker was unemployed when I met him but still so beat down by his church that he was more worried about paying a percentage to the LDS of what little money he had and would make than he was concerned about his own family.

A decent but very confused man.

The Mormon church Bought a controlling stake in BSA, and then changed the rules. The Scout handbook from the 70's tells scoutmasters not to even talk about religion let alone enforce a monotheistic pledge of allegiance. What's worse is that the BSA receives government funding even though they're still enforcing segregation. The Mormon church also spent MILLIONS of dollars advertising for the bill in California to ban gay marriage. Don't try to act like the Mormon church just bought the BSA for economic reasons. The Mormon church is proactive in spreading their belief system.

Like I said. the BSA is a private group and if they were willing to sell shares to us that means they must have liked what we were going to do as far as making changes. The changes sound great to me. Last time I checked, it was ok for private organizations to make their own rules.
And you are darn skippy about us being proactive. I think that's a good thing. People should be proactive in whatever cause they believe in.

Truthavoider, are all mor(m)ons as weenie as you?

:slap:ouch

That's a definite YES!!!!!!!

Did you go preach in Africa and when someone asked you a question you said: go read my 92 pages thread at USMB? I bet you converted NO ONE in your 2 years, but got laughed at a lot.

:eusa_whistle: whatever you say sonny. For me to respond on your level would be for me to say something like. "Yo Momma".

Do you have any substance to your paper thin personality?

The mormans showed thier hand when they sucked up to howard hughes and stole his estate.

Approximately three weeks after Hughes' death, a handwritten will was found on the desk of an official of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Salt Lake City. The so-called "Mormon Will" gave US$1.56 billion to various charitable organizations (including US$625 million to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute); nearly US$470 million to the upper-management in Hughes' companies and to his aides; US$156 million to first cousin William Lummis; US$156 million split equally between his two ex-wives Ella Rice and Jean Peters; and US$156 million to a gas-station owner named Melvin Dummar. Dummar initially denied any knowledge about the will but changed his story when his fingerprints were found on the envelope containing the will.

Dummar claimed to reporters that late one evening in December 1967, he found a disheveled and dirty man lying along U.S. Highway 95, 150 miles (240 km) north of Las Vegas. The man asked for a ride to Las Vegas. Dropping him off at the Sands Hotel, Dummar said the man told him he was Hughes. Dummar then claimed that days after Hughes' death, a "mysterious man" appeared at his gas station, leaving an envelope containing the will on his desk. Unsure if the will was genuine, and unsure of what to do, Dummar left the will at the LDS Church office. In a trial lasting seven months, the Mormon Will was eventually rejected by the Nevada court in June 1978 as a forgery. The court declared that Hughes had died intestate.

Hughes' US$2.5 billion estate was eventually split in 1983 among 22 cousins, including William Lummis who serves as a trustee of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Dummar was largely discounted by the public as a phony and an opportunist. Jonathan Demme's film Melvin and Howard (starring Jason Robards and Paul Le Mat), was based on Dummar's tale.

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Hughes Aircraft was owned by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, who sold it to General Motors in 1985 for US$5.2 billion. Suits brought by the states of California and Texas claiming they were owed inheritance tax were both rejected by the court. In 1984, Hughes' estate paid an undisclosed amount to Terry Moore, who claimed to have been secretly married to Hughes on a yacht in international waters off Mexico in 1949 and never divorced. Although Moore never produced proof of a marriage, her book, The Beauty and the Billionaire, became a bestseller.

sounds to me like the Supreme Court made a ruling and nobody took anything. I'm not quite sure your point.

You know what my point is and has been consistantly in this thread. The mormans are about control as a cult is. They are about stealing inherhitances as they did with hughes. The mormans are about the money. Like the Jim Jones church with the exception of the suicides I see no difference.

you see no difference because you have no desire to look at our doctrines, so you don't know them. You are as ignorant of our teachings as you are about the dark side of the moon. Probably more so.
Let me know if you want to know our stance on any real issues.

Again I try to have first hand info before I rail on any group. About three years ago I was working on an invention that required a computer tech to verify the validity of a major component of my business plan. The guy I hired was a morman. He gave me the book of morman which I read. This poor fucker was unemployed when I met him but still so beat down by his church that he was more worried about paying a percentage to the LDS of what little money he had and would make than he was concerned about his own family.

That's a pretty nice way to compliment a "decent" man by calling him names and assuming he is confused and brainwashed. Maybe he knows something you don't. but that thought hasn't occured to you of course because you're such an intellectual.

That's a pretty nice way to compliment a "decent" man by calling him names and assuming he is confused and brainwashed. Maybe he knows something you don't. but that thought hasn't occured to you of course because you're such an intellectual.

The unfortunate people of the Jones family knew something I don't also. Believing something does not make it true...or safe....or even morally right. Re reading the nonsense in your book won't happen. I don't have any more time to waste on it.

Truthspeaker, what's it like to go through life and when people find out you're a mormon, they dismiss you outright and think you're a retard?

"Last time I checked, it was ok for private organizations to make their own rules."

They get public funding through the federal and state government. They're acting like Dick Cheney, one day their public the next private. I agree that private organizations can do what they want, when they can afoord it. I don't like the fact that I'm paying to make homosexual youths feel like shit so much so that suicide becomes an option.

Has anyone seen the south park episode on Mormons.........dumbdadumbdumbdumb. those guys are hilarious.

The unfortunate people of the Jones family knew something I don't also. Believing something does not make it true...or safe....or even morally right. Re reading the nonsense in your book won't happen. I don't have any more time to waste on it.

Believing something does not make it true. Knowing it does. It would be a waste of time for you to further investigate something you are not interested in learning about. Happy Trails buddy.

Believing something does not make it true. Knowing it does. It would be a waste of time for you to further investigate something you are not interested in learning about. Happy Trails buddy.

Oh I'm not going anywhere...unless the administrator decides it so.

You cultists and thieves don't get a pass from me.

"Last time I checked, it was ok for private organizations to make their own rules."

They get public funding through the federal and state government. They're acting like Dick Cheney, one day their public the next private. I agree that private organizations can do what they want, when they can afoord it. I don't like the fact that I'm paying to make homosexual youths feel like shit so much so that suicide becomes an option.

Has anyone seen the south park episode on Mormons.........dumbdadumbdumbdumb. those guys are hilarious.

South Park eh? Not there's a reliable source. Oh By the way, you may want to do real research before you claim the Scouts are backed by federal funds.
Who Pays for Scouting?
I know you are on a crusade for homosexuals but don't take it out on private organizations.

Oh I'm not going anywhere...unless the administrator decides it so.

You cultists and thieves don't get a pass from me.
You're not leaving? Fantastic! If you stay on long enough you may actually learn something. Be careful though. The dark side is enticing and you may never return once you venture over.:lol:

This a pretty basic question for Mormons:

Why is there an image of the angel Moroni on the top of the temple, but not the Cross, as is seen on most Christian churches, both Catholic, Protestant, and Non-denominational?

Is there something about the cross that the angel Moroni who allegedly visited Joseph Smith Jr. back in the early 1800's that makes it take a back seat?

All throughout the N.T., the crucifixion of Jesus Christ was the beginning of the great move of "grace" by God upon mankind. Without the "cross" there would be no salvation, and no, new life in Christ.

Galatians 2:20 "I have been crucififed with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.".(Inspired by God, and written by His vessel, the Apostle Paul.)

Every true Christian enters into Christ's crucified, ressurrected, and ascended life. The Spirit of Christ indwells every believer by the power of God's doing, through the faith of the human agent/man.

"Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Romans(Written by the Apostle Paul under the inspiration of God.)
Paul wore no special underware with occult symbols. Christianity is not a belief system that depends upon superstitious acts of protection of one's soul, via special underware, mandatory tithing, or forced righteous living in order to "please" God, and receive righteousness.

Righteousness is a "gift" and a positional bestowment from God upon every true believer, and is not received by our "good" works. It is based on our accepting God for who He is, and that is an act of faith.

Abraham was considered "righteous" by God because He "believed", not because he performed certain "goodie" acts. The "goodie" acts were/are spawned from the the new positional righteousness that God has given the believer. When man believes and or accepts Christs attonement for his sins, God makes that man a "new creature/creation" in Christ Jesus. Old things pass away, in that "true" believer's life. That is why true converts to Christ, will often experience a total change in their lives, concerning goals, habits, priorities, and just their whole outloof of life and their relationships to their fellow man. When a person receives the Holy Spirit, they literally receive the Person of Christ into their life, and their lives start to parallel Christs, as revealed in the N.T. gospels and epistles. A person is not purged of their God given personality or identity, but they do experience tremendous transformation in their lives. Where once they thought nothing of many sinful acts of mankind, now they find their conscience "pricked" and convicted. Never the less the Christian still has the "free will" to live as a willing "bond slave" of God's rightful ownership, or they can still choose to live a carnal/fleshly life that seeks to find indentity in the world, and it ungodly agendas.

Jesus didn't expect to win a popularity contest when He came to earth 2,000 years ago. He came to "save", and to "seek" out mankind, and introduce mankind to the true nature of God, as He was the incarnation of God in the flesh. As Jesus said, "You've seen me, you've seen the Father.". He also said that He and the Father are one.". He/Jesus could don nothing that contradicted the Father.

God has revealed Himself very clearly to mankind. He has protected His message of salvation, security, and everlasting immortality offered to mankind couldn't be more clear as revealed in the bible.

God does not want us to jump through hoops as most religions nowadays mandate in order to be allegedly "righteous" or "perfected" to their god's satisfaction.

Grace is a missing noun in all the religions of the world except for true biblical Christianity. Grace is unmerited favor towards one who is not deserving. Grace is an expression of love that was authored by God when He gave His only Son, on the Cross for our pardon.

Now people can't understand why some are saved or going to heaven and some aren't. Isn't God being picky and evil and not gracious? Far from it. God's grace is only conditional in this sense. It is hinged on man's freewill to humble himself, and bascially surrender his life, his dreams, his self fullfilling ways and accept that his Creator knows what's best, as He's the Potter, and man is the clay.

People avoid or run from this "surrender" as they perceive it as the end of their "fun" or "free will" to live life the way the want. In one sense it does create a change, but it doesn't rob man of freewill, but instead opens up an entire vista of goals, and possiblities, that fullfill the vacuum of emptiness that unsaved man is constantly striving to quench or fill in his most deep innermost self.

The LDS/Mormon Church has heaped myriads of requirements upon their members in order to "be" that acceptable person before their god. The bible totally disagrees with this. Jesus said take my "yoke", as it is easy/light. Mormons are constantly "expected" to perform in order to "be", through wearing strange occult marked underware, going through temple rituals of "sealing", priesthoods, etc..

All along, in the N.T. of the bible, God has said over and over again that every true believer/Christian is a royal priest, and ambassador of God. Christ fullfilled the ultimate priesthood. He gave his life, as the ultimate offering, that would never have to be repeated again. "It is finished!" was His succinct and final words. Even the Roman centurion that stood at the base of the cross, exclaimed that this man was surely the Son of God. Earthquakes happened, the skies thundered, and most importantly the "veil" in the holy temple that blocked non-Levitical Jew, and gentile from entry to the Holy of Holies was rent or torn in two. What did this mean? It meant that Jesus had opened up access to God Almighty that very day that He gave His life. Now man had access to the Holy of Holys. He didn't need a special Levitical, or Aaronic priest to intercede between himself and God. God was offering total access of Himself to mankind.

Man's responsibility was not to wear strange underware, but to "accept" by faith, that "He" Jesus Christ was who He claimed to be.

Paul quoted in one of His epistles that several hundred people still were alive at the writing that epistle, that actually saw the "risen" Christ, before He ascended to heaven to sit at the right hand of the Father. Yet Jesus did not leave mankind naked and vunerable to sin, and the woes and depressions of life, but sent His Spirit, the Holy Spirit on Pentacost, starting with His Apostles and disciples first. On that first day of Pentacost, several thousand received the Spirit, and become the new Church.

Joseph Smith's alleged revelation adds nothing new, but adds much bazaar, and outlandishness to a very sober gospel that was passed on to us in the bible.

The Book of Mormon is a compilation of partially copied bible scripture and then renamed with strange authors, and convoluted stories.

Every day, archeology continues to unearth in the MiddleEast and throughout Asia Minor, more physical proofs that substantiate the bible, yet the Book of Mormon has not had one archeological substantiation of it's N. & S. American stories.

Salvation is again not based on works, but righteous works do follow after "true" salvation. This totally goes againt the tenents of LDS/Mormon doctrine. They must "do" in order to "be". In true biblical Christianity, we "become" through faith, and then we start to "do" because of our gratitude, based on our new nature.

Forum List

Back