The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Trump inherited deficit from Obama.

And then proceeded to make the deficit larger than it had been in 4 years. Trump wants to outdo Obama in everything, including adding to the debt. Maybe Trump will shot for Reagan's record of almost tripling the debt.
It does not matter anymore...
There is no way the debt is repayable, it’s far too large.
We have tried career politicians for over a hundred years... only to have failure after failure.

And then proceeded to make the deficit larger than it had been in 4 years. Trump wants to outdo Obama in everything, including adding to the debt. Maybe Trump will shot for Reagan's record of almost tripling the debt.

No its ALL Obama's deficit. You people blamed Bush for Obama's deficits, how does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine.
i am so not a fan of "payback" mentality as a driver / excuse for continued bad behavior.

It does not matter anymore...
There is no way the debt is repayable, it’s far too large.
We have tried career politicians for over a hundred years... only to have failure after failure.

I cannot really argue with this.

Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Recession in 2019? It only makes sense that the man who made his fortune with other people's money is still all about borrowing:

"It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

That's almost double what the government borrowed in fiscal year 2017.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the “fiscal outlook.” The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.
The uptick in borrowing is yet another complication in the heated debates in Congress over whether to spend more money on infrastructure, the military, disaster relief and other domestic programs. The deficit is already up significantly, even before Congress allots more money to any of these areas.

“We're addicted to debt,” says Marc Goldwein, senior policy director at Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. He blames both parties for the situation.

What's particularly jarring is this is the first time borrowing has jumped this much (as a share of GDP) in a non-recession time since Ronald Reagan was president, says Ernie Tedeschi, a former senior adviser to the U.S. Treasury who is now head of fiscal analysis at Evercore ISI. Under Reagan, borrowing spiked because of a buildup in the military, something Trump is advocating again."
/----/ After Obozo decimated the military, Trump has to rebuild it. Same thing happened to Reagan and GWB.
This is why the debt has jumped?? But..we have done nothing yet to rebuild..that is still in the future!

Blaming this on your favorite whipping boy is not going to work here. BTW...Obama did not 'Decimate' the military. His administration did spend less..they also did less. There was a draw-down from post-9/11 levels--not quite the same thing at all.

You just wish to ignore that reduced revenues are going to result in even more borrowing....and the result may well be a recession.
while you ignore obama printing money like it was going out of style?

funny you get onto people for the blame game but obama blamed bush for at least his first 4 years.
What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Obama is the past...although I will point out that he had to deal with a recession so bad, history calls it "The Great Recession". What and who Obama "blamed" has no relevance here.
My point..and the point of the article, is that Decreased Revenue, coupled with increased spending, will result in a higher deficit and an increased dependence on borrowing. The pie in the sky assertion that the ramped- up economy will make up for the shortfall is ludicrous.

If you have something that shows me that I'm wrong..please post it.

Every President inherits debt from his predecessor--it is how we run our economy.

This article though..is about projected debt...money that the Govt. is going to spend...coupled with its inability to service the existing debt without even more borrowing.

Perhaps you might comment on that?

Analysis | The U.S. government is set to borrow nearly $1 trillion this year, an 84 percent jump from last year

Recession in 2019? It only makes sense that the man who made his fortune with other people's money is still all about borrowing:

"It was another crazy news week, so it's understandable if you missed a small but important announcement from the Treasury Department: The federal government is on track to borrow nearly $1 trillion this fiscal year — Trump's first full year in charge of the budget.

Here are the exact figures: The U.S. Treasury expects to borrow $955 billion this fiscal year, according to a documents released Wednesday. It's the highest amount of borrowing in six years, and a big jump from the $519 billion the federal government borrowed last year.

Treasury mainly attributed the increase to the “fiscal outlook.” The Congressional Budget Office was more blunt. In a report this week, the CBO said tax receipts are going to be lower because of the new tax law.
The uptick in borrowing is yet another complication in the heated debates in Congress over whether to spend more money on infrastructure, the military, disaster relief and other domestic programs. The deficit is already up significantly, even before Congress allots more money to any of these areas.

“We're addicted to debt,” says Marc Goldwein, senior policy director at Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. He blames both parties for the situation.

What's particularly jarring is this is the first time borrowing has jumped this much (as a share of GDP) in a non-recession time since Ronald Reagan was president, says Ernie Tedeschi, a former senior adviser to the U.S. Treasury who is now head of fiscal analysis at Evercore ISI. Under Reagan, borrowing spiked because of a buildup in the military, something Trump is advocating again."
/----/ After Obozo decimated the military, Trump has to rebuild it. Same thing happened to Reagan and GWB.
This is why the debt has jumped?? But..we have done nothing yet to rebuild..that is still in the future!

Blaming this on your favorite whipping boy is not going to work here. BTW...Obama did not 'Decimate' the military. His administration did spend less..they also did less. There was a draw-down from post-9/11 levels--not quite the same thing at all.

You just wish to ignore that reduced revenues are going to result in even more borrowing....and the result may well be a recession.

funny you get onto people for the blame game but obama blamed bush for at least his first 4 years.
What does any of that have to do with the topic at hand? Obama is the past...although I will point out that he had to deal with a recession so bad, history calls it "The Great Recession". What and who Obama "blamed" has no relevance here.
My point..and the point of the article, is that Decreased Revenue, coupled with increased spending, will result in a higher deficit and an increased dependence on borrowing. The pie in the sky assertion that the ramped- up economy will make up for the shortfall is ludicrous.

/----/ " history calls it The Great Recession". " History calls it? Well I called HISTORY and he had no idea what you're talking about.
big dope.png

/----/ " history calls it The Great Recession". " History calls it? Well I called HISTORY and he had no idea what you're talking about.
View attachment 175042
Stupid. If you cannot communicate in the common vernacular..perhaps a refresher English class might be in order..assuming you have the capacity to actually communicate on a an adult level.

Have you ever gone back and actually read your posts over time? ***chuckles***

Your signature is fraught with irony--oh, and BTW..might want to adjust your Stock Market assertion...looks a little..off.

View attachment 175042

It is correctly known as the Great Bush Recession of 2018

View attachment 175042

Did you? Are you sure you didn't smoke dope and called your uncle instead?

The Great Recession | Federal Reserve History

Still pushing those Zombie lies about the military being decimated I see. We do however need more fighter jets to combat the Taliban’s fighter jets.
Oh wait. They don’t have any.
Let’s spend about $100 billion on what we don’t need anyway.

But the memo!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all that matters....
/----/ You Libtards keep downplaying the memo, but time will tell.

And you pretend Cons can keep downplaying the debt, but time will tell about that also.

For 8 years frauds like you whined like 12 year old girls about the debt and now you do not give a rats ass about it and even make excuses for it.

You have nothing left to stand on as you have sold your soul for the good of the party.
it takes the democrats right? so watch where you set your anchor. you're wrong,

He has added to it

Obama cut the deficit by over half

Obama didn't cut much of anything (depending if you credit him with expiring top marginal tax or blame him for making the rest of Bush's tax cuts permanent).

Deficit dropped from 1.4 Trillion down to ~500 billion, mostly because recession spending went down and economy grew.

But but but aren’t the republicans the party of fiscal sanity?
In another lifetime maybe.

He has added to it

Obama increase the deficit by over half, then cut it...lol okay. :itsok:

Idiocy. When did Obama "increase the deficit by over half"

What was Bush highest deficit, what was Obama's, there you have it.

Bush's budget for 2009 - 1.3 Trillion defict.

...anything else?

He has added to it

Obama increase the deficit by over half, then cut it...lol okay. :itsok:

Idiocy. When did Obama "increase the deficit by over half"

What was Bush highest deficit, what was Obama's, there you have it.

Bush's budget for 2009 - 1.3 Trillion defict.

...anything else?

Obama was president in 2009 and Democrats controlled congress and spending from 2007 to 2010. Facts are not your friend. Push me further and we'll discuss Obama's Fed printing another $3 trillion dollars to prop up the Obama economy and what Obama blew $800 billion in so called stimulus money on.

Forum List

Back