The United States needs to catch up with Canada, make the doobie legal!

It's already legal for recreational purposes in several states (in amounts within reason, I assume). And a bunch more states it's legal with a medical card.
But employers can still refuse to hire, and/or fire for use if they so choose. And for many they have no choice because of the insurance that they have to carry.

Yes, but many employers don't require a drug test and there are ways urine testing can be beaten. I know from experience that if you go a couple of weeks without smoking weed, the test comes back clean as a whistle. Alcohol is also legal and I assume if one's urine test comes back soaked in booze, many employers won't hire that person either.

It's already legal for recreational purposes in several states (in amounts within reason, I assume). And a bunch more states it's legal with a medical card.
But employers can still refuse to hire, and/or fire for use if they so choose. And for many they have no choice because of the insurance that they have to carry.

Yes, but many employers don't require a drug test and there are ways urine testing can be beaten. I know from experience that if you go a couple of weeks without smoking weed, the test comes back clean as a whistle.

Actually Will, that depends on your body fat percentage, as well as how high your metabolism is.

High metabolism with low body fat? You can be clear in as little as 10 days.

High body fat with low metabolism? You can stop smoking completely and still test positive up to 45 days later.

THC has a high affinity for fat cells and fat cells like to store THC.

Good!
I hope the mechanic who fixes the brakes on my SUV gets drug tested.

And as soon as we do, let's be sure to make our next priority the elimination of those tobacco cigarettes. Because that's bad for you.

Liberals should just admit that they can't get their acts together.

I agree. They can tax it and regulate it just like cigarettes. They will make a lot of money.

Yes, more money is what the Federal government needs

You kids are brilliant.

im sure they will come up with a device that the cops can use that will determine if you smoked an hour ago or 4 days ago will be developed....it took a while to develop the Breathalyzer....

You should report it if you think they are impaired. Are you also pushing to ban booze again so you do not take the chance of working around a drunk or hungover person?
Go back and reread my post. It will answer your question. ... :cool:

What is it that liberals want? Do they want to increase tax revenue by making a gateway drug legal to sell to high school kids? Are they going to use the same ridiculous argument as the tobacco people used around the turn of the last century that marijuana is healthy? Hard core cigarette smokers might end up with lung cancer in their 70's but did you ever talk to a hard core marijuana user? He has the same junk in his lungs but he doesn't have enough functioning brain cells to know it.

And as soon as we do, let's be sure to make our next priority the elimination of those tobacco cigarettes. Because that's bad for you.

Liberals should just admit that they can't get their acts together.

I agree. They can tax it and regulate it just like cigarettes. They will make a lot of money.

Yes, more money is what the Federal government needs

You kids are brilliant.

Seems better than to keep adding to the debt in near record amounts each year since nobody will vote for anyone that wants to cut spending

What is it that liberals want? Do they want to increase tax revenue by making a gateway drug legal to sell to high school kids? Are they going to use the same ridiculous argument as the tobacco people used around the turn of the last century that marijuana is healthy? Hard core cigarette smokers might end up with lung cancer in their 70's but did you ever talk to a hard core marijuana user? He has the same junk in his lungs but he doesn't have enough functioning brain cells to know it.

There is no such thing as a gateway drug, that is a myth the state has told you over the years to control your behavior.

In the U.S. at this time, just a handful of states stink with that disgusting putrid smell.
In Canada, the stink will be everywhere now.

There is no such thing as a gateway drug, that is a myth the state has told you over the years to control your behavior.
just about all the people i smoked pot with either smoked cigarettes first or were beer drinkers,many did speed before pot...and the ones who did just pot, very few went into other harder things.....i knew people who tried pot and said nope not for me and stayed with beer....pot is just as much as a so called "gateway" drug as much as anything else out there.....

Prohibition never works.
Rebellious youth always want to stick it to the Man, and want to dabble in the forbidden.
The result is the inevitable black market, with all its criminality, high prices and contaminated product.
The little-told story of how the U.S. government poisoned alcohol during Prohibition.

I do not care about the rebellious youth, if I want to have a nice IPA or Pumpkin ale with dinner while my wife has a glass of pinot grigio it is nobody's business but our own.

Forum List

Back