🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The WEIRD political hypocrisy of this board.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.
It’s not weird at all. For quite a while the message has been subordinated the sender. It matters no more what is said. Only by whom it’s said.
This is a grave problem and it hollows out sound political debate as core values shifts with the speaker, not the word.
Letl Me sum up your statement.

They have a cult of personality problem.

Under Obama everyone on the right loved Bush and the left hated him. Now Bush is hated by the right and admired by the left.
When McCain/Romney ran against Obama they were supported by the right and despised by the left. Now those roles too have reversed.

I think it is a flawed personal trait when you don't have the courage to stick to your so called principles regardless of someone elses health condition. It's hard to take a lot of you serious.

When I voted for McCain and Romney I told my wife I was voting for commie lite instead of the full blown commie maobama. Sometimes you just have to go with the lesser evil. If you think that's a flaw, so be it.

Laws are simply the government granting itself permission to do any specific thing, and as our consent is not necessary, nothing is actually stopping them from doing this. As an example, Nazi Germany granted itself permission to murder anyone they didn't agree with.

Elections don't matter, the elections are held by secret ballot, and nobody consents to being ruled by these robbers, murderers, and kidnappers in the first place. Government is simply might makes right, and elections only grant the illusion of choice. Best case scenario, he majority is just deciding which tyrant the minority will be ruled by.

Sorry chica but that’s just not true. Representatives are elected by the people. There are many problems with our campaign and electoral process, I’ll give you that, but our democracy it’s far from the picture you paint.

You are right about our laws granting permission to do whatever we want, how that’s how any system is governed and that’s why we had legal slavery and other despicable laws many years ago.

Again, no, they do not represent everyone's interests. If you're lucky, you end up with one which matches your interests 1%. Regardless of whether that's the case, I and many others never consented to their "representation", and the mere fact that OTHER PEOPLE chose that person for "us" does not mean that they represent "us". A majority deciding that they do does not change that fact.

Telling me that laws allow things is not an argument that it's just or that it should stay that way.

It’s impossible to have a person or government for that matter that represents everybody. How do you propose a fair system to work?

NOW you're getting it. Or probably not. The answer is no government, because the only person who can represent you is yourself, and everyone consents to what they want. If there's a demand for something, people pay for it, and everyone can defend themselves. We also don't have an organization of liars, thieves, kidnappers, and murderers waging wars that only serve their own interests.

Oh now I get it... you’re an anarchist. That makes sense. Unfortunately your system is an impossibility in a country like ours. Go find a tribe in the rainforest somewhere and you might have better luck, although they likely will have a leader as well.

Has already worked for 9000+ years in Ireland, worked in Capaia, Neutral Moresnet, Pennsylvania. Not only is it a possibility, there's evidence that it has worked in other places, unlike Governments, which are completely unsustainable. You only think that it's primitive because your lord and masters in government want you to think so.

The Left's Moral Outrage over Trump attending "Bushitler's" funeral is just hilarious to watch, I have to say that. A lot of us remember when Bushitler when to the Gulf War and he was Evil Incarnate.....LOL

Anyway, I don't take a liking to the other side either, conservatives who now say the Bushes were Evil Incarnate for other reasons. They certainly were no great shakes conservatives that's for sure. But it's just the purity test to me. They weren't "pure" enough so they suck, or whatever.....

I guess I'm old-fashioned. Bush Sr is gone now. Unless he leaves a trail of cold dead bodies in his wake like Stalin, Hitler or Mao, just let it alone.

Remember when, in 2008, baby Bush sent Paulson to Congress with an ultimatum and something like a three-paragraph text for an appropriation of $700bn to use pretty much as they saw fit, in effect filling the banksters' coffers without so much as the beginnings of a plan?

Yes, he seemed to have somewhat sidelined Cheney and ditched Rumsfeld in 2006, but still, "came to his senses" is a bit of a stretch, no?
Meh, Obama would have done the same thing. As would have any president .The bailouts prevented a depression, maybe globally.

Without a plan he wouldn't, and in particular not without a plan to get the bailout money back.

It wasn't left or right to oppose the Iraq catastrophe; it was correct. As it was with Vietnam.

Last edited:

I question a lot of this as well. But, Bush is not the only one. There are times that I catch someone that has been a bad cat since the 1990s that is all of a sudden put on a pedestal simply for agreeing w/ one thing. A lot of that is created by the media and some youngsters.

When it comes to the board, it's a bit more complex. I'm thinking that some of ya'll have been arguing for so long it's like watching a dysfunctional marriage of old folks. Myrtle, this isn't coffee- it's mud and the sky is green.

There is no reason to admire career politicians no matter what side they pick...

I think you are a little confused.

There's no hypocrisy in regarding Bush and McCain as good men, but still recognize they were wrong on a lot of key issues. I voted for both of them at the time, before I changed my mind on a lot of issues.

Romney, on the other hand, has always been a piece of crap Mormon. When he finally goes to wherever Mormons go when they kick it... you won't hear me ulagizing him.

All that said, I think the thing that has changed is the right hates these good men because they lost to Democrats. They love Trump, a truly reprehensible human being, because he "won" (on a technicality by colluding with the Russians, but never mind.)

There is something seriously wrong with these people
the diehards on both sides?....you are right....
Infected by the same bug.
yet not one of them would ever admit that....
The primeval tribalism of American politics
How Politics Breaks Our Brains, and How We Can Put Them Back Together - The Atlantic
By the end, most of the participants said they had learned that the other side contained more diverse views than they had thought. That was useful. Yet by classifying the participants as red or blue, then asking them to defend highly partisan issues, the workshop also seemed to reaffirm their mutual antagonism.
~S~

How Politics Breaks Our Brains, and How We Can Put Them Back Together - The Atlantic
By the end, most of the participants said they had learned that the other side contained more diverse views than they had thought. That was useful. Yet by classifying the participants as red or blue, then asking them to defend highly partisan issues, the workshop also seemed to reaffirm their mutual antagonism.
~S~
Yep. They just had to l-i-s-t-e-n a little.

No liberals thought that the right wing in the U.S. would turn as extreme as it has. The idea of a Trump presidency existed only in a comedy show named 'The Simpsons'. It is an utter absurdity.

The left hasn't changed much, true Republicans like the Bushs, McCain and Romney seem a whole lot more reasonable than the wack job that's our current President.

The fact that all the Trumpbots now despise the Bushs, McCain and Romney shows how far off the deep end they've gone. There is something seriously wrong with these people!
Lol
There would be no trump if there was no obama...

The far left started to like the Bush's again when Jeb and the rest of the clan opposed Trump. Suddenly the Bush's were "transformed" from scum of the earth...to moderate voices of reason!
I respect Bush 43 as an individual. I think he is a fine family man, loving husband and wanted what was best for the country. He was just extremely inept as a president

I have always considered McCain to be an American hero and a politician who put his country first. I just thought he sold out to the extreme conservatives at the end of his career

I also respected Bob Dole, Bush 41 and Mitt Romney

I have no such admiration for Trump as an individual, a leader or as a family man

It has nothing to do with politics
Lol
Says a Clinton supporter

The one thing you can always count on a pseudocon tard doing is making the ASSumption that I am some kind of Obama/Hillary/Democratic supporter because of my hatred of Trump and my hatred of the fake "christians" and fake "conservatives" who have destroyed the conservative movement.

Despite seeing my posts for the past seven years defending conservative principles, they have no moral qualms about making up lies about my motives.

They make me sick.
You can’t “tax” debt away... The only way to get rid of debt is stop spending

You think people like me should look upon the deaths of Bush and McCain and criticize them as we did when they were doing shit we didn't approve of in life?

That's weird.

Nearly all people have have good traits and bad traits. We generally respond to the good ones upon their death. That's being a normal person.

I think you are embarrassed by the fact that so many "conservatives" here are taking a shit on Bush because he and his family think Trump is a stain on the office. You couldn't say that without trying to put the finger on us normal libs who won't trash him before he's buried.

Sad.

No liberals thought that the right wing in the U.S. would turn as extreme as it has. The idea of a Trump presidency existed only in a comedy show named 'The Simpsons'. It is an utter absurdity.

The left hasn't changed much, true Republicans like the Bushs, McCain and Romney seem a whole lot more reasonable than the wack job that's our current President.

The fact that all the Trumpbots now despise the Bushs, McCain and Romney shows how far off the deep end they've gone. There is something seriously wrong with these people!
Lol
There would be no trump if there was no obama...

Yeah. That's not weird at all.

~S~

a rather cultivated attribute at a premium Mac....~S~

Yeah, you should make a note of that.

But then, actually doing so would stand in the way of your placing yourself atop of the pile, looking down and spitting on both sides, while failing to see and understand the differences between them and crowing about how much more enlightened you are.

No one on the left despised HW Bush, Mitt Romney or John McCain.

They despised GW Bush for the lies of Iraq & his horrible handing of the economy.

Trump isd an obvious hate spewing POS & yes, those on the left despise that POS for not only being the asshole but also his supporters & his hate for America.

Don't you dare compare Trump to any Democrat or Republican running for POTUS the past 50 years.

Forum List

Back