The White House cites numerous health problems caused by climate change

American citizens are getting more asthma, more bronchitis, and more allergies as a result of climate change, said a White House report issued Friday. The report comes on the heels of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed tough new regulations aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants by 30 percent by 2030.

According to the report, asthma cases have more than doubled in the past thirty years, coinciding with the decrease in air quality. Warmer weather has increased allergies and extreme heat exposure has caused more than 7,800 deaths in the United States from 1999 to 2009. In addition, extreme weather events in the form of heavy rainfall, droughts, and heat waves are becoming more common and lasting longer.

“We have a moral obligation to leave our children a planet that’s not irrevocably polluted or damaged,” the report said, saying also that the most vulnerable people—the poor, the aged, and those suffering from chronic illnesses—were particularly affected by global warming. Approximately 40 percent of the nation’s carbon pollution comes from power plants, the White House said.

Read more: The White House cites numerous health problems caused by climate change | Science Recorder

With solar and wind = none of this shit.

According to the report, asthma cases have more than doubled in the past thirty years, coinciding with the decrease in air quality.

Air quality has improved over the last thirty years.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/the_health_impacts_of_climate_change_on_americans_.pdf

The White House did not use the term "air quality" in this context. Here are the two opening paragraphs:

We have a moral obligation to leave our children a planet that’s not irrevocably polluted or damaged. The
effects of climate change are already being felt across the Nation. In the past three decades, the percentage of
Americans with asthma has more than doubled, and climate change is putting those Americans at greater risk of
landing in the hospital. And extreme weather events are becoming more frequent across the country – from
more rain falling in downpours in many regions, to longer and hotter heat waves in others, to more severe
droughts and wildfires in some areas, notably the West and Southwest. Through common-sense measures to cut
carbon pollution we can protect the health of our Nation, while stimulating the economy and helping to prevent
the worst impacts of climate change.

CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED BY CARBON POLLUTION IS IMPACTING OUR COMMUNITIES

Climate change, caused primarily by carbon pollution threatens the health and well-being of Americans in many
ways, from increasing the risk of asthma attacks and other respiratory illnesses to changing the spread of certain
vector-borne diseases. Some of these health impacts are already underway in the United States and climate
change will, absent other changes, amplify some of the existing health threats the Nation now faces. Certain
people and communities are especially vulnerable to the health effects of climate change, including children, the
elderly, those with chronic illnesses, the poor, and some communities of color. In the coming years,
communities are expected to experience the following impacts in regions across the United States.
********************************************************************************
I'm not going to argue on their behalf. This is a rather weak point. Still, they're expressing a concern about the American people and they're trying to sell a position that many of your conservatives oppose. More power to 'em.

What, precisely, is the trigger level of atmospheric CO2 that causes asthma?

Who besides you and the other denier ever singled out asthma?

But thats how you work. Unless, of course, you consider "numerous health problems" to mean asthma? Me? I consider "numerous health problems" to mean like, more than one thing.

That would be Obama and the White House report that we are discussing, idiot. You should read it. It has all sorts of correlations between unrelated things, it reads ike a conspiracy nut's diary.

Great now since you read it show me where it says anythign about CO2 connection to asthma.

When you cant, because its not in the report, I have to ask why the fuck are you lying about that connection? Why are you lying about reading the report?

Why are you pretending you know the difference between a sewer hole and you own asshole?

Its not in the report Einstein Fucktard

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/the_health_impacts_of_climate_change_on_americans_.pdf

The White House did not use the term "air quality" in this context. Here are the two opening paragraphs:

We have a moral obligation to leave our children a planet that’s not irrevocably polluted or damaged. The
effects of climate change are already being felt across the Nation. In the past three decades, the percentage of
Americans with asthma has more than doubled, and climate change is putting those Americans at greater risk of
landing in the hospital. And extreme weather events are becoming more frequent across the country – from
more rain falling in downpours in many regions, to longer and hotter heat waves in others, to more severe
droughts and wildfires in some areas, notably the West and Southwest. Through common-sense measures to cut
carbon pollution we can protect the health of our Nation, while stimulating the economy and helping to prevent
the worst impacts of climate change.

CLIMATE CHANGE CAUSED BY CARBON POLLUTION IS IMPACTING OUR COMMUNITIES

Climate change, caused primarily by carbon pollution threatens the health and well-being of Americans in many
ways, from increasing the risk of asthma attacks and other respiratory illnesses to changing the spread of certain
vector-borne diseases. Some of these health impacts are already underway in the United States and climate
change will, absent other changes, amplify some of the existing health threats the Nation now faces. Certain
people and communities are especially vulnerable to the health effects of climate change, including children, the
elderly, those with chronic illnesses, the poor, and some communities of color. In the coming years,
communities are expected to experience the following impacts in regions across the United States.
********************************************************************************
I'm not going to argue on their behalf. This is a rather weak point. Still, they're expressing a concern about the American people and they're trying to sell a position that many of your conservatives oppose. More power to 'em.

Through common-sense measures to cut carbon pollution

Carbon pollution? That's funny.

He really does think he's God!

Whatever we do in the United States will not affect the planet. obama is the flea climbing up an elephant's leg with rape on its mind.

Who besides you and the other denier ever singled out asthma?

But thats how you work. Unless, of course, you consider "numerous health problems" to mean asthma? Me? I consider "numerous health problems" to mean like, more than one thing.

That would be Obama and the White House report that we are discussing, idiot. You should read it. It has all sorts of correlations between unrelated things, it reads ike a conspiracy nut's diary.

Great now since you read it show me where it says anythign about CO2 connection to asthma.

When you cant, because its not in the report, I have to ask why the fuck are you lying about that connection? Why are you lying about reading the report?

Why are you pretending you know the difference between a sewer hole and you own asshole?

I cannot read anything for other people, reading doesn't work that way.

Dear [MENTION=22889]Matthew[/MENTION]
All these issues could equally be addressed by
citing POLLUTION and needing to clean up and RESTORE/PRESERVE natural resources.

There is NO NEED to argue about debatable "climate change"
when there is PLENTY of proof of destroying environment by chemicals, waste
and other POLLUTION.

WHY insist on framing this issue in such a divisive way except to exploit conflict?

If people CARE MORE about solutions, why not focus on those?
using COMMON language and proveable facts based on POLLUTION
and the need for CONSERVATION?

There would be NO ARGUMENT, even Conservative groups believe in buying up land to PRESERVE migration paths and wildlife, and all people I know believe in clean air and water, and not junking up our rivers and oceans with trash or tearing down forests
that should be preserved and regrown in sustainable ways. Nobody is against THAT!!!

They are against the POLITICS trying to make money and take over power.

The issue of CONSERVATION AND ENVIRONMENTAL CLEAN UP IS UNIVERSAL.
Nobody I know wants pollution or losing natural resources.

Why can't we focus on THAT!!!

American citizens are getting more asthma, more bronchitis, and more allergies as a result of climate change, said a White House report issued Friday. The report comes on the heels of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed tough new regulations aimed at reducing carbon dioxide emissions from existing power plants by 30 percent by 2030.

According to the report, asthma cases have more than doubled in the past thirty years, coinciding with the decrease in air quality. Warmer weather has increased allergies and extreme heat exposure has caused more than 7,800 deaths in the United States from 1999 to 2009. In addition, extreme weather events in the form of heavy rainfall, droughts, and heat waves are becoming more common and lasting longer.

“We have a moral obligation to leave our children a planet that’s not irrevocably polluted or damaged,” the report said, saying also that the most vulnerable people—the poor, the aged, and those suffering from chronic illnesses—were particularly affected by global warming. Approximately 40 percent of the nation’s carbon pollution comes from power plants, the White House said.

Read more: The White House cites numerous health problems caused by climate change | Science Recorder

With solar and wind = none of this shit.

I cannot read anything for other people, reading doesn't work that way.

You cant tell the truth, link up liar.

You cant....You fail

Forum List

Back