🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Women's March is Global

Did anyone claim it was?

You're the one specifically citing India.

Answer the question.

I did. You're specifically mentioning India, as if it was the only place where rape is happening.

Bullshit.

I gave it as one example. I'm calling you on your bullshit. When you give an example of something - do you list all countries? No. Want to bet if I used South Africa as an example (it was another country that had a march) you'd be pulling the same crap? But if I listed Afghanistan as an example - there wouldn't be a peep about being fair or "selective focus" would there? Be honest now. And there was NO women's march in Afghanistan.

Many of these women wanted Hillary elected. Hillary who took money from countries who stone women to death and deny them their basic human rights. They are freaking hypocrites of the highest order.
You are at least close, I think.

These protest rallies are just more women's suffrage events.

They are really pissed off that Hillary was beaten by a man.

If a woman had beaten her then there would be no protests.

I disagree - I think it's more then just that. It's the end of a long line of gradual erosions - from reproductive rights (which whether or not you agree with them are important to many women) and the lack of any understanding at how offensive Trump's remarks were concerning women.
Define "reproductive rights"....

Forgive me if I don't care.

Oh, India? What about the middle east? What about the precepts of Sharia Law that diminish women to 3/4ths of that of a man? Women are being objectified and denied basic rights, like education, freedom of movement and whatnot in those countries.

But India? Why India? What about Sweden and South Africa?

Top 10 Countries With Maximum Rape Crimes

This "march" is misguided. And frankly it is accomplishing nothing.
We know why India.

Rape in India, Four Years After Delhi Gang Rape Case – The Numbers

MORE selective focus.

Responding to a statement about India by posting an article about India is selective focus?

I think I see where the real selective focus is here.

Now now, when the insults start flying, we can all tell where the inferior argument lies.

Yes. Like your insult Etherion "MORE selective focus".

I agree with the TV commentators that if it makes people feel better to peacefully protest then let them do it.

After all peaceful protest is a 1st Amendment right.

Just remember the rest of the Constitution while at it.

DJ Trump is President. Nothing is going to change that short of impeachment.

I hope, so hope, he can hear the roar from 1600 Pennsylvania. It was discouraging to me that Trump's popularity wasn't affected in the least by his "Grab 'em by the Pussy" comments or peeking into the dressing rooms at Miss Universe, or some of the other snatch and grab rudeness that was reported by other women.
The March today is making me feel a little better. Maybe things aren't quite as bad as I thought.

You honestly think Trump is the only man who's made comments like that? I'm under no delusions my own husband doesn't engage in "locker room banter". The left tried to make it political and it failed....that should give you some pause...and you all still don't know why Trump won. America is tired of noise, it wants results

Not about his "comments," its about his admissions of sexual assault. If you STILL don't get it, I think you might be mildly retarded as well.

Did anyone claim it was?

Answer the question.

I did. You're specifically mentioning India, as if it was the only place where rape is happening.

Bullshit.

I gave it as one example. I'm calling you on your bullshit. When you give an example of something - do you list all countries? No. Want to bet if I used South Africa as an example (it was another country that had a march) you'd be pulling the same crap? But if I listed Afghanistan as an example - there wouldn't be a peep about being fair or "selective focus" would there? Be honest now. And there was NO women's march in Afghanistan.
Yeah....Because in Muslim dominated countries women have few rights.
Don't come here whining about double standards when you know God damned well liberals unconditionally support the Muslim faith and make no distinction between everyday Muslims and Islamist terrorists.

Did anyone claim it was?

Answer the question.

Bullshit.

Anger, another sign of a weak argument.

It is wise to put things in context Coyote. India is one of many countries with a rape epidemic.

You're also making unfounded assumptions about me, which I frankly don't appreciate. I've debated on forums long enough to know that objectivity is an invaluable tool.

Lesbians protesting in favor of abortion...but none of them will ever be impregnated by a man.

Responding to a statement about India by posting an article about India is selective focus?

I think I see where the real selective focus is here.

Now now, when the insults start flying, we can all tell where the inferior argument lies.

Yes. Like your insult Etherion "MORE selective focus".

How is that an insult? It's an observation, a statement of fact.

You picked one country to protest, out of the many others with the same, if not greater problem of rape. That's selective focus.

No sum game, it will accomplish nothing and all be forgotten by week's end.

I actually hope not.

There are countries, like India (and there is a march in Dehli) where women face a lot of violence, rape, discrimmination that they are fighting to have recognized.

I've been to India...I never want to go back. Talk about a third world shithole and yes women have it awful there. I've never witnessed so much poverty either.

Women, especially in combination with the cast system have it hard - especially in the rural areas where it's still very tribal, very backwards and very poor.
What does that have to do with anything here in the US?

Why is the Womens March considered a March against Trump?
6dba3d8ea2d4599dcbd6f739ba0d450089cad81456200925e7abc7216541e4a6.png

Did anyone claim it was?

Answer the question.

Bullshit.

Anger, another sign of a weak argument.

It is wise to put things in context Coyote. India is one of many countries with a rape epidemic.

You're also making unfounded assumptions about me, which I frankly don't appreciate. I've debated on forums long enough to know that objectivity is an invaluable tool.

Etherion, India is a complex country. It has many good things and many bad things. But it DOES have a rape problem. NO ONE is saying it is the ONLY country with such a problem. It was brought up as an example for TWO reasons: it held a women's march, and it has many problems with women's rights. Many times when we debate and use examples - we use one, there is no requirement list many or several nor is there usually an assumption that by listing one, there are not others as well.

Let me ask you honestly - would you have attacked me on this if I used Afghanistan? Be honest here...because I suspect that there are many that would never have even blinked at that example. I suspect there would have been no requirement to bring in other examples.

What do you think here? You are usually reasonable.

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Women's Marches Go Global: Postcards From Protests Around The World

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity
LOL, Women being raped at nauseam in europe and not a word.

No sum game, it will accomplish nothing and all be forgotten by week's end.

I actually hope not.

There are countries, like India (and there is a march in Dehli) where women face a lot of violence, rape, discrimmination that they are fighting to have recognized.

I've been to India...I never want to go back. Talk about a third world shithole and yes women have it awful there. I've never witnessed so much poverty either.

Women, especially in combination with the cast system have it hard - especially in the rural areas where it's still very tribal, very backwards and very poor.
What does that have to do with anything here in the US?

Read the OP (it's evident you did not).

Forum List

Back