🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Women's March is Global

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Women's Marches Go Global: Postcards From Protests Around The World

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity
At the North County San Diego March as I post.

Would you have said anything if my example was Afghanistan?

Um, yes, because now I would attack this as a deflection. As would be the citation of India and not every other country where women's rights and bodily freedoms are violated in far worse ways.

Now I just simply want to scream. Are you now saying in this topic on globalization of the women's march I can't use ANY country as an example? Do you see how this is not making very good sense here?

Question...

Is this movement really to protest rape in India (and now elsewhere), or is it mainly to protest Trump?

If it's the latter, then I'm sorry to say that this "global" movement is nothing more than a worldwide female oriented temper tantrum.

Why bother searching it yourself when you can use this question as an opportunity to slam women, fat boy?

Try googling once in a while.

Unity Principles

ITS about women wanting there voice to be part of what will be happening going forward.
When were they excluded, outside of leftist smear jobs?
And it's women doing the excluding

From what I've read in various articles, the march was organized, and described by the Atlantic, as a gathering "which makes room for women with diverse convictions, including a moral opposition to abortion." That lasted all of a few seconds, until other feminists took to Twitter to condemn organizers for allowing pro-life women from New Wave Feminists to take part.

Blogger and Guardian columnist Jessica Valenti tweeted that organizers had to reconsider including pro-lifers because "inclusivity is not about bolstering those who harm us." That's right, the person who believes it's OK to harm an unborn child believes that those who fight for the lives of the unborn are harming her. This is the same women who tweeted that Ivanka Trump is fair game to be verbally attacked on an airplane by a stranger because he disagrees with her politics, even though it meant also attacking her children who were with her.

How's that for preventing harassment against women?

With all the outcry, the pro-life feminist group was quickly removed in what organizers called "an error" for allowing them to join the march in the first place. .....

The hypocrisy of a feminist march banning pro-life women

Question...

Is this movement really to protest rape in India (and now elsewhere), or is it mainly to protest Trump?

If it's the latter, then I'm sorry to say that this "global" movement is nothing more than a worldwide female oriented temper tantrum.

Why bother searching it yourself when you can use this question as an opportunity to slam women, fat boy?

Unity Principles

Lol. Unity.

Leader: Feminist Group Dropped From 'March on DC' Because of Pro-Life Stance

This insight into reality brought to you by my newfound googling skills.

No sum game, it will accomplish nothing and all be forgotten by week's end.

Week's end? It'll be forgotten by tomorrow when the married women marching are serving mini hot dogs and beer to their husbands watching football, and the fat lesbians sitting in their knitting classes.
This is why we march.

Question...

Unity Principles

Lol. Unity.

Leader: Feminist Group Dropped From 'March on DC' Because of Pro-Life Stance

This insight into reality brought to you by my newfound googling skills.

lol, the right wing spin machine in full effect. You guys have to be shaking in your boots by now....this is just the beginning.

Are you now saying in this topic on globalization of the women's march I can't use ANY country as an example?

No, you must have misinterpreted what I said.

It is wise to use EVERY country where this happens as an example.

Etherion, that's just impossible - I won't. It would make for a lengthy rambling post. Using one or a few examples work. India is a good example because it's a very male dominated culture, it had a very significant and horrific rape incident 4 years ago that highlighted the issue of violence towards women AND mobilized women to demonstrate and press for changes. The fact that it is still a big problem, complicated by a caste system that allows higher caste men to get away with rape of low caste women - makes it a good example to use. And I'm not going to apologize for it because some people insist that if I don't bring up a Muslim country as an example I'm being biased. And that is what I think this is coming down to.

India is a good example because it's a very male dominated culture, it had a very significant and horrific rape incident 4 years ago that highlighted the issue of violence towards women AND mobilized women to demonstrate and press for changes.

Would it be interesting to you to know that America is a far worse place than India where rape is concerned?

India is a good example because it's a very male dominated culture, it had a very significant and horrific rape incident 4 years ago that highlighted the issue of violence towards women AND mobilized women to demonstrate and press for changes.

Would it be interesting to you to know that America is a far worse place than India where rape is concerned?

I don't think so. And the reason is this: it's extremely hard to compare rape across nations due to the very different ways they define rape and the ability of women to report rape. Countries like Sweden, for example have very liberal definitions of what constitute rape and women feel very comfortable in being able to report it. Countries like Afghanistan, an extreme on the other end - have few protections for women in the law when it comes to rape, and reporting it can lead to a backlash (sometimes lethal) against the woman and her reputation is ruined as she will usually be blamed somehow. Rape usually goes unreported as does violence. I suspect the US falls closer to Sweden then to India in that regard. In India - the rape of women in rural villages is seldom reported - if it's a high cast male and a low caste female, he gets away with it, she is blamed and her reputation permanently ruined, and she may even be killed.

I don't think so. And the reason is this: it's extremely hard to compare rape across nations due to the very different ways they define rape and the ability of women to report rape.

But America by far has the best system in place for women to report rape. The law is on their side, simply because this country treats women equally now. Which makes me question the motives of this march in the process.

" Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable."

Pres. Clinton wasn't a modern pres.?
Would women be less demeaned if men only found goats to be "sexual objects"?
How much time trouble and money do women spend trying to be "attractive" (as a sexual object)?
Frankly I am pleased that I consider women sexual objects instead of any one else. My relationship with my cat Loki is strictly plutonic.

I don't think so. And the reason is this: it's extremely hard to compare rape across nations due to the very different ways they define rape and the ability of women to report rape.

But America by far has the best system in place for women to report rape. The law is on their side because this country treats women equally now. Which makes me question the motives of this march in the process.

Exactly, and that is why I say it's more like Sweden. Women feel generally safe in being able to report sexual assault.

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity

Why don't these women EVER have worldwide marches and screaming fits about how Islam treats women?

They are bedwetting across the world about President Trump, has he advocated women having to dress in black tents, be subjected to gang-rape as a punishment, have acid thrown in their faces?

They want to protest in support of women's rights, why aren't they all screaming in public across the world about this....or wouldn't that be Politically Correct, would that be racist?

Why don't these women EVER have worldwide marches and screaming fits about how Islam treats women?

They are bedwetting across the world about President Trump, has he advocated women having to dress in black tents, be subjected to gang-rape as a punishment, have acid thrown in their faces?

They want to protest in support of women's rights, why aren't they all screaming in public across the world about this....or wouldn't that be Politically Correct, would that be racist?

Who knows these women think those women like it or something..

Forum List

Back