The Word Police Are At It Again. We Can't Monkey Around Anymore

Don't say 'Republicans". Say "Racists". To say that ALL Republicans are racist is simply not true.
There are plenty racists on BOTH sides posting here daily.

That said, there is more than enough racism remaining in America (on BOTH sides) to last another 1000 years.
Looks like the last 100 years didn't do much to resolve the issues.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on these points you just made.

False equivalency is one of the biggest problems facing American society today.

False equivalency is dependent on a misstatement of facts.....explain where that occurred in this statement

If you are implying that all Republicans are racists, than you are FAR worse than DeSantis in terms of being a hard core racist.

Here we have a Jewish rabbi in Israel using the term 'monkey' to describe blacks.

The irony meter just went to 11.

Chief rabbi calls black people ‘monkeys’

Anyway, it is common knowledge that there is a very long history in the US of whites using the description 'monkey' as a pejorative term in regard to black persons.

For anyone in the US to claim ignorance of that fact is just more dumb assery coming from the 'right' and Trumpians.

You're going to need much more than a singular incidence of 1 rabbi to support your claim of "it is common knowledge that there is a very long history in the US of whites using the description 'monkey' as a pejorative term in regard to black persons."

As it stands, your assertion is not supported.

The leftist democrats are a bankrupt worthless party that has nothing of value to offer the voters. They've been using identity politics for decades. So one of the few, if any, cards they have to play is this non-stop never-ending meme that their opposition must be racist. And of course they have these handy tools, the Blacks and the Hispanics, that for decades have been dumb enough to fall for this democrat charade, thinking it will somehow better their lives.

So this is simply more leftist dog-whistling. That's all it is.

The leftist democrats are a bankrupt worthless party that has nothing of value to offer the voters. They've been using identity politics for decades. So one of the few, if any, cards they have to play is this non-stop never-ending meme that their opposition must be racist. And of course they have these handy tools, the Blacks and the Hispanics, that for decades have been dumb enough to fall for this democrat charade, thinking it will somehow better their lives.

So this is simply more leftist dog-whistling. That's all it is.

And if Maxine waters called Trump a worthless Cracker you'd be all over your own dog-whistle :rolleyes:

Yep...racism is alive and well in America (unfortunately)
Black or White, why can't people just be honest and admit they're racist a-holes ?

You're going to need much more than a singular incidence of 1 rabbi to support your claim of "it is common knowledge that there is a very long history in the US of whites using the description 'monkey' as a pejorative term in regard to black persons."

As long as I can remember I've heard white people referring to blacks as monkeys, apes, savages and the infamous N-word (which is blocked by the filter).
And blacks referring to whites as crackers, honkies

In fact, humans of ALL races have been using these endearing terms as long as humans have existed.....
HERE...take a look.....
List of ethnic slurs by ethnicity - Wikipedia

If DeSanti's words were so good, why did FOXNEWS distance themselves from it?

As long as I can remember I've heard white people referring to blacks as monkeys, apes, savages and the infamous N-word (which is blocked by the filter).
And blacks referring to whites as crackers, honkies

In fact, humans of ALL races have been using these endearing terms as long as humans have existed.....
HERE...take a look.....
List of ethnic slurs by ethnicity - Wikipedia

So why should we care? If racism is just about ethic slurs, who really gives a shit?

I thought it was supposed to be something substantial. But if we're going to start weeding our leadership candidates based on the screwy ideas of some leftist word police, that would be a mistake.

So why should we care? If racism is just about ethic slurs, who really gives a shit?

I thought it was supposed to be something substantial. But if we're going to start weeding our leadership candidates based on the screwy ideas of some leftist word police, that would be a mistake.

Unfortunately, the REALITY is that even the Right needs the black vote.

Saying stupid, unnecessary shit that "could" be construed as a racial slur is self defeating.

can't make it any simpler than that. If you don't get it, you never will.

Unfortunately, the REALITY is that even the Right needs the black vote.

Saying stupid, unnecessary shit that "could" be construed as a racial slur is self defeating.

can't make it any simpler than that. If you don't get it, you never will.

It could only be construed as a racial slur by someone who wants it to be construed as a racial slur. Imo, he said nothing wrong. But you're probably correct that candidates need to be more image conscious when dealing with a fickle electorate and a crybaby racist leftist opposition party looking for any reason to pounce.

"Monkey business" is a common colloquialism.
Is "monkey this up"?
It's basically the same as, "Don't screw this up".

To claim his words were a racial slur is a bit of a stretch. .... :cool:

Had a plumber who used one of these.....

images

Must be some sort of KKKer

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein.

That is all.

And that is why a majority black city or state will always be a shithole.
Explain how.

Go through the steps that brought you to that logic.
Name one black majority city or country that isn’t a shithole.

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein.

That is all.

And that is why a majority black city or state will always be a shithole.
Explain how.

Go through the steps that brought you to that logic.

Well...........since they already are shitholes......there's that.

Maybe we need the left to give us a list of words or phrases they're gonna use to attack people with, then maybe we can avoid them.
I have long advocated for a website we could all visit every morning for an update on words we are not allowed to say.

But the PC zealots want to keep that list a secret, and fluid, so that they can just make it up as they go, opportunity by opportunity.

So forget it, we're not getting that website.

You’re kidding, right? I’d visit such a website just so I know what words to use to trigger morons!

The people who want to police what people can and cannot say are the same people who fear an authoritarian regime coming to life within the US.

If you can’t do anything to stop the stupidity might as well laugh your ass off at it!

Forum List

Back