The Work Involved.

What does a Monkey need to DO if becoming a Christian is the goal?
:dunno:

How about becoming a Muslim? A Buddhist? A Mormon?

I don't have a clue as to the steps involved in joining the Muslims, Buddhists or Mormons as a true believer, but I'm curious.

It's my understanding, as a former Protestant Christian, that one can call oneself a true believer in Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ promised by The God of Abraham in The Torah if one:
>Believes that The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran exists, and The Torah and that New Testament are inspired by God.

> Understands that God Himself walked the earth in the skin of a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth.

>Understands that Monkeys are broken creatures, dying from sin and greed and in need of advocate because God is perfect.

>Understands that when God experienced human death on a cross in the skin of Jesus, He became that advocate, and when God asks you to account for your time on earth, if He is asked sincerely in prayer to do so, Jesus will step forward and declare the price for your sins and indiscretions paid in full, granting you access to an eternity of worshiping God in Heaven.​

Believe, three understandings and one simple prayer and your in the club as a baby Christian, ready to begin the lifelong education involved in defining "sin". Obviously, walking the talk is when the work truly begins, but those are the steps to becoming a Protestant Christian.

I'm really curious as to how the steps to becoming a Muslim compare, as there in lies the only alternative pathway for Monkeys not lucky enough to be born Jewish to access The God of Abraham.

????....didn't pay much attention in Sunday School I take it......

As with the overwhelming majority of religionists, you simply accepted the religion you were given by your parents and never made any conscious decision about it. That's lazy, but very typical.

Maybe you should investigate further sometime. You might be surprised.

I don't have a clue as to the steps involved in joining the Muslims, Buddhists or Mormons as a true believer, but I'm curious.

It's my understanding, as a former Protestant Christian, that one can call oneself a true believer in Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ promised by The God of Abraham in The Torah if one:
>Believes that The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran exists, and The Torah and that New Testament are inspired by God.

> Understands that God Himself walked the earth in the skin of a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth.

>Understands that Monkeys are broken creatures, dying from sin and greed and in need of advocate because God is perfect.

>Understands that when God experienced human death on a cross in the skin of Jesus, He became that advocate, and when God asks you to account for your time on earth, if He is asked sincerely in prayer to do so, Jesus will step forward and declare the price for your sins and indiscretions paid in full, granting you access to an eternity of worshiping God in Heaven.​

Believe, three understandings and one simple prayer and your in the club as a baby Christian, ready to begin the lifelong education involved in defining "sin". Obviously, walking the talk is when the work truly begins, but those are the steps to becoming a Protestant Christian.

I'm really curious as to how the steps to becoming a Muslim compare, as there in lies the only alternative pathway for Monkeys not lucky enough to be born Jewish to access The God of Abraham.

As with the overwhelming majority of religionists, you simply accepted the religion you were given by your parents and never made any conscious decision about it. That's lazy, but very typical.
given how frequently you demonstrate how little you know about either science or religion, you're hardly one with standing to criticize laziness......

given how frequently you demonstrate how little you know about either science or religion, you're hardly one with standing to criticize laziness......

I understand, you're befuddled. Given your demonstrated lack of a science vocabulary and inability to defend your statements, it's not surprising that you sidestepped addressing the salient points.

I have investigated. You should take a look at some obvious demographics. It seems you're blinded by dogma.

I understand, you're befuddled. Given your demonstrated lack of a science vocabulary and inability to defend your statements, it's not surprising that you sidestepped addressing the salient points.

the obviously contradictory claims you've made are enough to befuddle anyone.....by the way, have you found any evidence yet that a single celled organism ever evolved into a multicelled organism?.....

the obviously contradictory claims you've made are enough to befuddle anyone.....by the way, have you found any evidence yet that a single celled organism ever evolved into a multicelled organism?.....

Your obvious befuddlement causes you great confusion. You're really stereotypical of the science loathing extremist who rails against science and knowledge because they confound your belief in absurdities of magic and supernaturalism.

BTW, have you found any evidence for the earth being 6,000 years old?

Evidence? Yes.

Proof? No.

That's why they call it 'faith'.

Any proof of The God of Abraham yet?

>Believes that The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran exists, and that The Torah and New Testament are inspired by God.

> Understands that God Himself walked the earth in the skin of a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth.=​

You are wrong on the last one.
I could probably prove some of the others wrong but.
This is a ridiculous premise.​

Who me?

I taught Sunday School, Bro.

What did I miss in the opener?

I visited a church for the first time and they asked me to teach VBS without checking me out.
What does that prove? All it means is they asked and doesn't prove people are qualified.

If I gave people a test on this board to write 500 words about different topics: The Trinity, The nature of God, The Work of the Holy Spirit, Justification by Faith, how many of those tests would come back empty? Few would even qualify for the office of a pastor.

Our church stopped sending people out on the mission field until they completed an in house Bible institute. I can tell you that they made it a lot of work.

>Believes that The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran exists, and that The Torah and New Testament are inspired by God.

> Understands that God Himself walked the earth in the skin of a Jew named Jesus of Nazareth.=​

My justification is this verse:
God said:
"In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God and The Word was God. And The Word took on flesh and dwelt among us."

And my belief that the concept of God Himself walking, living and dying on His created world 'in the flesh' is integral to accepting the Divinity of Jesus.​

I have investigated. You should take a look at some obvious demographics. It seems you're blinded by dogma.

Demographics have little to nothing to do with eternal truth.

The truth doesn't make us blind. It helps us see clearly. If you were open to experimenting on the principles of the gospel, you could see what I mean

Your obvious befuddlement causes you great confusion. You're really stereotypical of the science loathing extremist who rails against science and knowledge because they confound your belief in absurdities of magic and supernaturalism.

BTW, have you found any evidence for the earth being 6,000 years old?

not believing it is, I haven't bothered.....I know the fact I don't believe it bothers you.....that's why you keep pretending I do......

Evidence? Yes.

really?....what is it?.....the fact that multicelled organisms exist?.....sorry, that's my evidence God created them.....

My justification is this verse:
God said:
"In the beginning was The Word, and The Word was with God and The Word was God. And The Word took on flesh and dwelt among us."

And my belief that the concept of God Himself walking, living and dying on His created world 'in the flesh' is integral to accepting the Divinity of Jesus.​

you mean you have to believe in him?.......gosh, how onerous......​

As a litmus test for being a genuine Christian? :rolleyes: I would think so!

You're being silly! :lol:

weren't you the one complaining about it?.....you seem to want more steps.....

I seem to run into that objection all the time.....people want other ways to get into the Christian heaven.....they think its rude of God to exclude them from his paradise just because they don't believe he exists.....

Last edited:

Forum List

Back