There are no liberals in the Republican Party

R

rdean

It's a mistake to compare the two parties. There are no liberals in the Republican Party. They are not only not welcome, they wouldn't be tolerated

The Republican Party is 90% white with the majority being male. Those whites without college have moved towards the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party is a true coalition on the other hand, that has to work together. To assume everyone in the Democratic Party is a liberal is a mistake. There are the infamous "Blue Dogs", conservatives who belong to the Democratic Party. It is well known that some Muslims and some blacks within the Democratic Party don't like gay people. But that doesn't stop them from working together. Like it or not, the Democratic Party is a true coalition and the Republican Party is monolithic simply for the fact that party is 90% white. We already know how they tolerate gays compared to the Democratic Party.

You can't have a real debate unless you acknowledge the enormous differences between the two parties. Saying they are the same is like saying Bush and Obama are the same. If that were true, then why does the right fear and loathe Obama while enshrining George W. Bush? Clearly they are not the same.

Look at the US Chamber of Commerce. We know from the last election that they give to Republicans 10 to 1 over Democrats. If the two parties were the "same", they would give to the parties equally.

Like I said, to have an honest debate between the two parties, you have to recognize the vast differences. Studying the history of the two parties, especially the mass exodus in the mid 60's and who moved from party to party, explains much of why the two parties are so different today.

And I honestly don't understand why pointing out the differences between the two parties is such a "no-no". They are who they are.

A Closer Look at the Parties in 2012 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

I'm glad the GOP is crawling in the hole for a 'dirt nap'. Now, let's get rid of the $$$$ Dems.

-Geaux

A Will Rogers joke even in the Thirties was, "I don't belong to any organized political party, I'm a Democrat.
One of the characteristics of liberalism is the acceptance of a wider range of behavior and beliefs and the Democratic party reflects that characteristic. Conservatives like the adherence to a narrower range of behavior and beliefs and the Republican party reflects that characteristic.

It's a mistake to compare the two parties. There are no liberals in the Republican Party. They are not only not welcome, they wouldn't be tolerated

The Republican Party is 90% white with the majority being male. Those whites without college have moved towards the Republican Party.

The Democratic Party is a true coalition on the other hand, that has to work together. To assume everyone in the Democratic Party is a liberal is a mistake. There are the infamous "Blue Dogs", conservatives who belong to the Democratic Party. It is well known that some Muslims and some blacks within the Democratic Party don't like gay people. But that doesn't stop them from working together. Like it or not, the Democratic Party is a true coalition and the Republican Party is monolithic simply for the fact that party is 90% white. We already know how they tolerate gays compared to the Democratic Party.

You can't have a real debate unless you acknowledge the enormous differences between the two parties. Saying they are the same is like saying Bush and Obama are the same. If that were true, then why does the right fear and loathe Obama while enshrining George W. Bush? Clearly they are not the same.

Look at the US Chamber of Commerce. We know from the last election that they give to Republicans 10 to 1 over Democrats. If the two parties were the "same", they would give to the parties equally.

Like I said, to have an honest debate between the two parties, you have to recognize the vast differences. Studying the history of the two parties, especially the mass exodus in the mid 60's and who moved from party to party, explains much of why the two parties are so different today.

And I honestly don't understand why pointing out the differences between the two parties is such a "no-no". They are who they are.

A Closer Look at the Parties in 2012 | Pew Research Center for the People and the Press

geezus Dean.....you were on "vacation" for a couple of weeks.....you would have thought you would have dug up some new stuff to post.....instead you just dug up the same old shit...this is what?.....the 30th time you have posted this thing?....

There are no conservatives in the Democratic party. So what's the point of this thread?

A Brief History of Blue Dog Democrats - TIME

Originally comprising just 23 members, mostly from Southern states, the Blue Dogs supported the Republicans' Contract with America, complained that the Clinton White House was too liberal and called for a balanced federal budget. Shortly thereafter, the coalition's co-founders, Tauzin and Louisiana Representative Jimmy Hayes, switched to the Republican Party. Blue Dog numbers expand and contract with every election, and new members are adorably referred to as Blue Pups. Nineteen Blue Pups have won seats in the past two elections. Two were defeated and a handful more retired.

--------------------

For some odd reason, it seems right wingers on this site never investigate anything beyond Fox News.

Perhaps that's the plan of the owners of of Fox:
ScreenHunter_11-Aug.-25-18.171.gif

McCain is a liberal

Does McCain know what he is?

probably not. He, Reid, Dingle, Lautenburg, Byrd, Stennis et al prove that there should be an age limit to serve in congress-------or at least a mandatory retirement at 65.

however, term limits would cure a lot of the corruption and incompetence in congress.

i agree with that.....hasnt Dingle been in since WW1?.......

geezus Dean.....you were on "vacation" for a couple of weeks.....you would have thought you would have dug up some new stuff to post.....instead you just dug up the same old shit...this is what?.....the 30th time you have posted this thing?....

Republicans think that if they repeat the same old lies about Obama, they will eventually come true. I feel that if you repeat the truth, eventually right wingers will "get it".

You seems to be consistent --> nothing new.

Does McCain know what he is?

probably not. He, Reid, Dingle, Lautenburg, Byrd, Stennis et al prove that there should be an age limit to serve in congress-------or at least a mandatory retirement at 65.

however, term limits would cure a lot of the corruption and incompetence in congress.

i agree with that.....hasnt Dingle been in since WW1?.......

I think Strom Thurmond and Robert Byrd served six months after they died.

This shows how full of shit you are. Nobody ever "enshrined" George W. Bush.

This is why no real discussion can take place with a libtard - because they knowingly lie about everything (hell - they even lie about their political ideology - look how many here on USMB pretend to be "conservative" because they are so fucking stupid, they think it gives them credibility as they spew nonsense about turning to government to take care of them).

100% bull shit.

I am a Classical Liberal, I am a Registered Republican. There are no Classical Liberals in the Democrat Party. They are progressives, not liberals.

Another in a long unbroken succession of rdean fail threads.

Republicans think that if they repeat the same old lies about Obama, they will eventually come true. I feel that if you repeat the truth, eventually right wingers will "get it".

You seems to be consistent --> nothing new.

im consistent with you Dean because you post the same old shit over and over.....i cant say anything different about what you post....unless you get creative and post something different......maybe you have writers block......here go to this site.....maybe it will help....and you can get some new shit here.....and then i will be able to have some fresh comments.......

Overcoming Writer's Block

Forum List

Back