There is something seriously warped about this Duggar statement

Lying to federal Judge and lying to a Grand Jury are crimes and Bill Clinton was fined and lost his law license because he committed those crimes.
Lying about having extra-marital affairs is nothing compared to lying to an entire country in order to get our military to invade another country for oil, resulting in thousands of lost American lives.

What was that lie? Be specific. I know it couldn't have been anything like these statements.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

It isn't rocket science. Bush/Cheney told Congress and the United States that Hussein had WMD's and coerced the CIA to go along with their lie....any statement made by anyone in power regarding Bush and Cheney's lie was based on Bush and Cheney's lie. Even Bush has admitted there were no WMDs....so why do you continue to lie?

The CIA director was appointed by Bill Clinton and only a damned fool thinks that he was coerced by Bush. You probably think Bush coerced the UN into passing resolution 1441. Again, you are piss poor at rewriting history.

Only a damned fool would think that someone in that type of position wouldn't go along with the President....especially if they want to keep their job. CIA officials have admitted that they were coerced.

You're the bigger fool, wanting to believe there was no lie when everyone with a brain knows there was because the liars have admitted it. It appears that you are lacking in the "history" department....that nobody has rewritten, the Bush Administration just finally came clean. Educate yourself.

The Bush administration exerted significant pressure on the intelligence community to provide justification for the Iraq War. According to John Brennan, who was Deputy Director of the CIA at the time, “we were being asked to do things and to make sure that that justification was out there.”

“At the time there were a lot of concerns that it was being politicized by certain individuals within the administration that wanted to get that intelligence base that would justify going forward with the war,” Brennan told PBS. When asked who was exerting this pressure, Brennan said “Some of the neocons” in the administration “were determined to make sure that the intelligence was going to support the ultimate decision.”

And Paul Pillar, the CIA officer who led the hurried effort to provide Congress with a National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s WMD programs – an estimate that ultimately contained falsities that the administration retroactively used to justify their incorrect assessments – said,
“The atmosphere in which they were working, in which a policy decision clearly had already been made, in which intelligence was being looked to to support that decision rather to inform decisions yet to be made, was a very important part of the atmosphere.”

The Lie That Got Us In The Bush Administration Knew There Were No WMDs in Iraq Antiwar.com Blog

Well, I knew that we would get to the bottom of who is at fault. It was not Josh, who molested his child sisters for 2 years. It was not the TV network that took away their show. It was not the sponsors, who took away the funding for the show. It was not the Family Research Council that fired him. It was not the parents, who covered this up for over a decade. It was the atheists, agnostics, and liberal democrats!

Wow! I'm sure glad we cleared that up! Somebody needs to get in touch with those liberal democrats in the Family Research Council, and demand that they give Josh his job back!

Do you think any of that makes his two sisters happy?

How do you know how the sisters really feel? They have been coerced by the parents to smile and act like it was no big deal.....but you don't really know how they feel. Any female that gets violated like they did could be carrying trauma for the rest of their lives.

Why is it that most conservatives here don't care about innocent children being abused? All they care about if for everyone to leave Josh Duggar alone.

Although some individuals may be resilient to the negative effects of sexual trauma, it does not minimize the observation that for other women sexual victimization is the most devastating event they will experience.

This paper describes current research findings on the effects of childhood and adulthood sexual victimization on women's mental health. Existing data on understudied communities and risk factors for mental health problems are also presented. Childhood and adulthood sexual violence are discussed separately because, contrary to public opinion, sexual violence against children is fairly common and is frequently associated with psychological distress that continues into adulthood.

The Psychological Consequences of Sexual Trauma

I only know what they said on the interview with Megan Kelly. How do you know they were coerced by their parents?

If the parents kept it a secret for over a year before they reported it......I'm sure that anyone with a brain can figure out they didn't want their son punished....the parents didn't even give any consideration that the girls may suffer some psychological trauma in their lives later....did they go to counseling?

The Duggars claim that they gave the girls counseling. However, they did not explain what that meant. Based on their definition of "counseling" regarding Josh, my guess is that the told the girls to read the Bible, as counseling.

They probably told them "it's not a big deal.....get over it.....don't get your brother in trouble"!

Those innocent girls have been my main concern this entire thread. The only thing that can come of sensationalizing what happened 12 years ago is to humiliate and embarrass those young girls who are now teenagers.
I don't think Christians are a political party, but they are who are being attacked by atheists, agnostics and just plain assholes who I assure you are all liberal Democrats.

Well, I knew that we would get to the bottom of who is at fault. It was not Josh, who molested his child sisters for 2 years. It was not the TV network that took away their show. It was not the sponsors, who took away the funding for the show. It was not the Family Research Council that fired him. It was not the parents, who covered this up for over a decade. It was the atheists, agnostics, and liberal democrats!

Wow! I'm sure glad we cleared that up! Somebody needs to get in touch with those liberal democrats in the Family Research Council, and demand that they give Josh his job back!

How do you know how the sisters really feel? They have been coerced by the parents to smile and act like it was no big deal.....but you don't really know how they feel. Any female that gets violated like they did could be carrying trauma for the rest of their lives.

Why is it that most conservatives here don't care about innocent children being abused? All they care about if for everyone to leave Josh Duggar alone.

Although some individuals may be resilient to the negative effects of sexual trauma, it does not minimize the observation that for other women sexual victimization is the most devastating event they will experience.

This paper describes current research findings on the effects of childhood and adulthood sexual victimization on women's mental health. Existing data on understudied communities and risk factors for mental health problems are also presented. Childhood and adulthood sexual violence are discussed separately because, contrary to public opinion, sexual violence against children is fairly common and is frequently associated with psychological distress that continues into adulthood.

I only know what they said on the interview with Megan Kelly. How do you know they were coerced by their parents?

If the parents kept it a secret for over a year before they reported it......I'm sure that anyone with a brain can figure out they didn't want their son punished....the parents didn't even give any consideration that the girls may suffer some psychological trauma in their lives later....did they go to counseling?

Not everyone suffers psychological trauma or needs counseling. I am sure if they needed it they got it

The Duggars claim that they gave the girls counseling. However, they did not explain what that meant. Based on their definition of "counseling" regarding Josh, my guess is that the told the girls to read the Bible, as counseling.

What else do you guess they did?

TooTall is cringeing-out the thread, bending over backwards to say- nothing to see here, move along.

Well, TT, in your post 963, you are SURE that they got counseling. In my post 964, I GUESSED that they got little or none.

Which of us is exaggerating the most?

Lying about having extra-marital affairs is nothing compared to lying to an entire country in order to get our military to invade another country for oil, resulting in thousands of lost American lives.

What was that lie? Be specific. I know it couldn't have been anything like these statements.

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

It isn't rocket science. Bush/Cheney told Congress and the United States that Hussein had WMD's and coerced the CIA to go along with their lie....any statement made by anyone in power regarding Bush and Cheney's lie was based on Bush and Cheney's lie. Even Bush has admitted there were no WMDs....so why do you continue to lie?

The CIA director was appointed by Bill Clinton and only a damned fool thinks that he was coerced by Bush. You probably think Bush coerced the UN into passing resolution 1441. Again, you are piss poor at rewriting history.

Only a damned fool would think that someone in that type of position wouldn't go along with the President....especially if they want to keep their job. CIA officials have admitted that they were coerced.

You're the bigger fool, wanting to believe there was no lie when everyone with a brain knows there was because the liars have admitted it. It appears that you are lacking in the "history" department....that nobody has rewritten, the Bush Administration just finally came clean. Educate yourself.

The Bush administration exerted significant pressure on the intelligence community to provide justification for the Iraq War. According to John Brennan, who was Deputy Director of the CIA at the time, “we were being asked to do things and to make sure that that justification was out there.”

“At the time there were a lot of concerns that it was being politicized by certain individuals within the administration that wanted to get that intelligence base that would justify going forward with the war,” Brennan told PBS. When asked who was exerting this pressure, Brennan said “Some of the neocons” in the administration “were determined to make sure that the intelligence was going to support the ultimate decision.”

And Paul Pillar, the CIA officer who led the hurried effort to provide Congress with a National Intelligence Estimate on Iraq’s WMD programs – an estimate that ultimately contained falsities that the administration retroactively used to justify their incorrect assessments – said,
“The atmosphere in which they were working, in which a policy decision clearly had already been made, in which intelligence was being looked to to support that decision rather to inform decisions yet to be made, was a very important part of the atmosphere.”

The Lie That Got Us In The Bush Administration Knew There Were No WMDs in Iraq Antiwar.com Blog

Is that the same John Brennan that sucked up to Obama to get appointed as the CIA Director? LOL

Well, TT, in your post 963, you are SURE that they got counseling. In my post 964, I GUESSED that they got little or none.

Since I said they got counseling IF they needed it, I was not guessing. You were.

Is that the same John Brennan that sucked up to Obama to get appointed as the CIA Dired

Is that the same John Brennan that sucked up to Obama to get appointed as the CIA Dired

Since I said they got counseling IF they needed it, I was not guessing. You were.

Ok, You are SURE that they got counseling if they needed it. Please document a source as to whether they needed it or not. If they did, with whom, and when did they get it?

Link please.

Last edited:

Is that the same John Brennan that sucked up to Obama to get appointed as the CIA Director? LOL

It's the John Brennan that outed George W Bush's lies........and, is that what Tenet did to get appointed as CIA Director to G W Bush, lol?[/QUOTE]

Which only proves that you are ready to defend Josh even if you don't know the facts. Who cares about the poor girls, they were asleep anyway, right?

I don't know why but some tread topics are annoying I don't want to read what this is about I just wish this thread for subject or topic would go away I don't ever want to hear the word duggar again.

Seems like every conservative wishes for this entire topic to go away, for Josh Duggar to be exonerated and his family's program come back and everything would be peachy keen again....never mind the victims, they can deal with it as best they can.

I would agree that the media should stop persecuting the Duggar girls. That would be a good thing.

The media hasn't persecuted the Duggar girls. I'm sure they had an option to speak out or not....after they had been coerced by their parents.
And only 2 of at least 5 confirmed victims have spoken out. The other 3, including the babysitter, are eerily quiet...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Not everyone suffers psychological trauma or needs counseling. I am sure if they needed it they got it

Right, because we know the parents do the right thing every time.....why they waited a year to do something about it after Josh told them what he had done...:eek:

I don't know why but some tread topics are annoying I don't want to read what this is about I just wish this thread for subject or topic would go away I don't ever want to hear the word duggar again.

Seems like every conservative wishes for this entire topic to go away, for Josh Duggar to be exonerated and his family's program come back and everything would be peachy keen again....never mind the victims, they can deal with it as best they can.

I would agree that the media should stop persecuting the Duggar girls. That would be a good thing.

The media hasn't persecuted the Duggar girls. I'm sure they had an option to speak out or not....after they had been coerced by their parents.
And only 2 of at least 5 confirmed victims have spoken out. The other 3, including the babysitter, are eerily quiet...

And the two are the ones trying to protect Josh.....wonder how they are keeping the others quiet?:rolleyes:

Ok, You are SURE that they got counseling if they needed it. Please document a source as to whether they needed it or not. If they did, with whom, and when did they get it?

Link please.

I am sure you are not a Christian and have no idea what the power of faith can do. Some times professional counseling is needed, but fellow Christians are a lot more help during a crisis than a non-believing shrink. I strongly suspect that if the parents decided their girls needed to get so-called professional help they certainly could afford it. So why don't you can just take your Christian hatred and shove it!

Right, because we know the parents do the right thing every time.....why they waited a year to do something about it after Josh told them what he had done...:eek:

The right thing according to you may not be the right thing according to the Duggars. Some parents actually discipline their own kids. I know that is difficult for some to understand.

It's the John Brennan that outed George W Bush's lies........and, is that what Tenet did to get appointed as CIA Director to G W Bush, lol?
[/QUOTE]

Tenet was appointed by Clinton dumbass.

I am sure you are not a Christian and have no idea what the power of faith can do.
Well, that goes to show how much you know. I am a Christian, and I also know there are a lot of people who claim to be Christian that don't know the first thing about Christianity and are more than willing to give advise and counseling when they don't know what is right and what is wrong to begin with. The counseling the parents of Josh Duggar sent him to, was founded by a man that turned out to be a molester himself....so apparently, these so-called Christians aren't able to discern right from wrong.

I don't hate Christians, I hate psuedo Christians who don't know the first thing about what Jesus taught and are here trying to tell the rest of us how pious they are supporting an abuser of children. So why don't you take your psuedo Christian opinion and shove it.

Would you have them go to the media and be humiliated and ridiculed like the two girls that were outed by that tabloid rag?

I am sure you are not a Christian and have no idea what the power of faith can do.
Well, that goes to show how much you know. I am a Christian, and I also know there are a lot of people who claim to be Christian that don't know the first thing about Christianity and are more than willing to give advise and counseling when they don't know what is right and what is wrong to begin with. The counseling the parents of Josh Duggar sent him to, was founded by a man that turned out to be a molester himself....so apparently, these so-called Christians aren't able to discern right from wrong.

I don't hate Christians, I hate psuedo Christians who don't know the first thing about what Jesus taught and are here trying to tell the rest of us how pious they are supporting an abuser of children. So why don't you take your psuedo Christian opinion and shove it.

I don't believe you!

Forum List

Back