They can't define what an assult weapon is, but they will ban them...

Has the number of gun homicides “plummeted”? How about gun suicides?
Why is a homicide or a suicide with a gun somehow worse than a homicide or suicide without a gun?

It isn’t worse. It’s easier.

Next.

If it's easier then why are knives and bare hands used to kill more people than rifles every year?

And Suicide is a choice but we all know how you hate it when people have choices

Yeah. It easier to kill with a knife than a gun. That’s perfect logic. Thanks for playing.

Then tell me why knives are used more often to kill than rifles.

Where are you getting your stats?

Murder - number of victims by weapons used 2016 | Statistic

Rifles? That’s a wonderful clarification that makes you a into an equivocating loser. So boring to talk to people who cannot be honest.

Does the right to bear arms...

... supersede the safety...

... and well being of others?

That seems to be the question...

... our society is struggling with.

A better question is whether the forced inability of law-abiding citizens to defend ourselves and uphold our constitutional rights because of the actions of a very tiny few makes us a safer, freer and better society for all, and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less? History says otherwise.

How many times have you been forced to defend yourself with a gun?

If ever, did you put yourself in jeopardy, knowing you had a gun, and that this simple possession gave you the courage to act against common sense?

The meme from the NRA and its fellow travelers is a gun is used 16 trillion times a day (yes, hyperbole, but used for effect) by simply showing the gun, and another 500 times a day, to shoot a bad guy.

Odd that any number can be put into this ^^^ paragraph, and used on forums such as this one. And yet, actual records / facts offer evidence that guns are used everyday to kill or maim a person, under varying circumstances.

Deaths and injury by gun shot are expensive ER interventions, and high speed projectiles do extensive damage to tissue and organs by tumbling upon impact. One who is honest understands why such weapons are used by those intent on killing masses of human beings with a weapon with less recoil and more effect on the target.

Whatever you say s0n...youve been wasting your breath on gun grabbing for what...50 years? I don't get it....

Where are computers mentioned in the First?

Misdirection. This is about the 2nd.

And what you say applies to all rights

so it is an acceptable direction for the conversation

I suppose, if you admit you can't prove your previous point

I certainly can prove computers were not mentioned in the first amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

That's nice. Has nothing to do with what we were discussing, but nice.

We are not discussing anything YOU are trying to tell everyone else what to talk about

Imagine that... Some snowflake in Illinois wants to Ban the following...

The list is long and includes all the following models or duplicates thereof: AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR, AR-10, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, Olympic Arms PCR, AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle, Dragunov SVU, Fabrique NationalFN/FAL, FN/LAR, FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle, SAR-8, Sturm, Ruger Mini-14, and more.

Shit is getting deep boys and girls...

Town votes to ban assault rifles, fine violators $1,000 a day
Men can't define the parts of a woman's body/reproductive system, but want to Ban women's health organizations/the right for women to determine what to do with their own bodies.

A better question is whether the forced inability of law-abiding citizens to defend ourselves and uphold our constitutional rights because of the actions of a very tiny few makes us a safer, freer and better society for all, and whether taking away guns like this has actually ever worked to make anyone more safe, more free---- or less? History says otherwise.

If ever, did you put yourself in jeopardy, knowing you had a gun, and that this simple possession gave you the courage to act against common sense?

The meme from the NRA and its fellow travelers is a gun is used 16 trillion times a day (yes, hyperbole, but used for effect) by simply showing the gun, and another 500 times a day, to shoot a bad guy.

Odd that any number can be put into this ^^^ paragraph, and used on forums such as this one. And yet, actual records / facts offer evidence that guns are used everyday to kill or maim a person, under varying circumstances.

Deaths and injury by gun shot are expensive ER interventions, and high speed projectiles do extensive damage to tissue and organs by tumbling upon impact. One who is honest understands why such weapons are used by those intent on killing masses of human beings with a weapon with less recoil and more effect on the target.

Whatever you say s0n...youve been wasting your breath on gun grabbing for what...50 years? I don't get it....
What are you talking about? Former President Obama already grabbed everyone's guns....just like the NRA warned he would.

And I've already shown you how the gun laws of those European countries you love so much did not lower their murder rates below what they were before the gun laws were passed.
Nah, you gave some screed that gave no useful information, such as what their laws were before they were amended. They were already strict.

Really?

Care to link to how strict they were before they passed even stricter laws that did nothing to lower the murder rate

Why is a homicide or a suicide with a gun somehow worse than a homicide or suicide without a gun?

Next.

If it's easier then why are knives and bare hands used to kill more people than rifles every year?

And Suicide is a choice but we all know how you hate it when people have choices

Yeah. It easier to kill with a knife than a gun. That’s perfect logic. Thanks for playing.

Rifles? That’s a wonderful clarification that makes you a into an equivocating loser. So boring to talk to people who cannot be honest.

Just the FBI

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Just in case you can't read the table I will give you the salient poits

in 2016 homicides with rifles 374
with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

So I'll ask you if it's so much easier to kill with a rifle (especially those scary black ones) why do murders with knives and/or fists outnumber murders with rifles?

Once again you lie. And as usual the lie is an emotional response to facts. Or, you do not understand the fact of the nature of a wound made by a high velocity projectile?

Next.

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

So I'll ask you if it's so much easier to kill with a rifle (especially those scary black ones) why do murders with knives and/or fists outnumber murders with rifles?

You tell me? First of all you omitted how many were killed by hand guns, some of which are semi-autos. Then you've defined a defensive weapon, used in close quarters which require some athletic ability and/or skill.

In fact hand guns have been used by mass murderers, see:

101 California Street shooting - Wikipedia

Another fact, beatings by fist and a knife attack, generally, do less damage unless than a single gun shot from a high velocity weapon. Of course all of the above can be fatal, but the gun is less personal and much more effective when more than one victim is the target.

Once again you lie. And as usual the lie is an emotional response to facts. Or, you do not understand the fact of the nature of a wound made by a high velocity projectile?

Who cares ?

Do you care about the nature of injuries sustained from getting hit with a low velocity high mass automobile?

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

You tell me? First of all you omitted how many were killed by hand guns, some of which are semi-autos. Then you've defined a defensive weapon, used in close quarters which require some athletic ability and/or skill.

FYI this thread is about banning rifles.

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

Another fact, beatings by fist and a knife attack, generally, do less damage unless than a single gun shot from a high velocity weapon. Of course all of the above can be fatal, but the gun is less personal and much more effective when more than one victim is the target.

BTW, have you ever read a corner's report on a gun shot victim? I have, and what is readily apparent are secondary projectiles (bone fragments),which can be the fatal cause when they nick an artery - more likely when the faster projectile enters the body cavity.

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

BTW, have you ever read a corner's report on a gun shot victim? I have, and what is readily apparent are secondary projectiles (bone fragments),which can be the fatal cause when they nick an artery - more likely when the faster projectile enters the body cavity.

Again so what?

Dead is dead why does it matter if it's a gun, a knife, a bat , a 2x4, or a fist?

So a handgun in the hands of a practiced rapid reloader and shooter would be an assault weapon, but in the hands of a normal person it wouldn't be?
Ffs. Enough of the gunsplaining.

LOL, the standard progressive "I don't know anything about the topic at hand, so I whine about being educated on it" non-response.

Loser.

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

Correct, and my response is what is common in long guns and hand guns which use high velocity projectiles. Do you think the Tech-9 is any less effective than the AR 15 in most mass murders?

Last edited:

Just the FBI

with knives 1604
with fists/feet 656

Correct, and my response is what is common in long guns and hand guns which use high velocity projectiles. Do you think the Tech-9 is any less effective than the AR 15 in most mass murders?

Handguns have a much lower muzzle velocity than rifles

And fucking big ass 4x4 with a plow can be even more effective than an AR 15 or a Tec 9

So like I said it doesn't matter

Forum List

Back