They want Kid Rock to stop using Stars and Bars....hmmm...what about the "Dixie" Chics?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
A caller to Rush's radio show today made this observation...the left is going after Kid Rock because he uses the Stars and Bars at his concerts.......the caller pointed out....wellllllll...what about the "Dixie" Chics....should they be forced to give up their name? Should they return all the money they have made using that racist name....and which political party did they support....?

The Dixie Chicks were mercilessly demonized by the RW neocon nuts.

If fair is fair, shouldn't the treatment of Kid Rock be appropriate payback?

A caller to Rush's radio show today made this observation...the left is going after Kid Rock because he uses the Stars and Bars at his concerts.......the caller pointed out....wellllllll...what about the "Dixie" Chics....should they be forced to give up their name? Should they return all the money they have made using that racist name....and which political party did they support....?
You will need to explain to us what the word "Dixie" has to do with the loser traitor flag.

And this is the Stars and Bars:

Flags of the Confederate States of America - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Dixie chicks have Dixie in their names...they are obviously racists......
What is racist about the name "Dixie"? Explain please.

Dixie - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Dixie" as a region[edit]

As a definite geographic location within the United States, "Dixie" is usually defined as the eleven Southern states that seceded in late 1860 and early 1861 to form the new confederation named the Confederate States of America. They are (in order of secession): South Carolina,Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

A logical argument if one believes in the premise that the Stars and Bars is a heritage thing. But with its (Stars and Bars) re-emergence coinciding with the Civil Rights movement of 50 years ago, it is also logical to consider that premise (heritage) as questionable. Therein lies the difference.

Um...yea.

196f38d357d2a595f9f2275f2df50410.jpg

You will need to explain to us what the word "Dixie" has to do with the loser traitor flag.

Dixie is the name of the song the Rebs made into their national anthem.

1900sc_SM_Dixie.jpg

Dixie song - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten.
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land!
In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie's Land I'll take my stand,
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie!
There's buckwheat cakes and Injun batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter.
Look away! Look away! Look away! Dixie Land
Then hoe it down and scratch your gravel,
To Dixie's Land I'm bound to travel.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie![15]

As a definite geographic location within the United States, "Dixie" is usually defined as the eleven Southern states that seceded in late 1860 and early 1861 to form the new confederation named the Confederate States of America. They are (in order of secession): South Carolina,Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Texas, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
Dixie is a term from the Mason Dixon line...which was drawn way before the Civil War....an unofficial line of demarcation between the North and the South...drawn between PENNSYLVANIA and..........................MARYLAND.

While the term has been used for the South, it's origins have nothing to do with the Con-federacy.

You aren't very bright....educated in the South were you?

Dixie is the name of the song the Rebs made into their national anthem.

1900sc_SM_Dixie.jpg

Dixie song - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten.
In Dixie's Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin'.
There's buckwheat cakes and Injun batter,
Makes you fat or a little fatter.
Then hoe it down and scratch your gravel,
To Dixie's Land I'm bound to travel.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie![15]
And that song was written before the Civil War by a Northerner. :rofl:

Dixie is a term from the Mason Dixon line...which was drawn way before the Civil War....an unofficial line of demarcation between the North and the South...drawn between PENNSYLVANIA and..........................MARYLAND.

While the term has been used for the South, it's origins have nothing to do with the Con-federacy.

You aren't very bright....educated in the South were you?

And it is also this...hence, the "Dixie" Chics are defacto racists...right? If they are celebrating the slave states who seceded from the Union...they are racists, just like that flag...right?

Forum List

Back