This 6 minute video sums up the shocking facts of American wealth and inequality

I can't even believe this is a serious question. The answer is quite simple. Because the vast majority of people would prefer to get paid as much as they can, fuck the tiny minority of people who would prefer to be paid less. Their preference should not be factored in. If anything, these individuals could flush the extra cash down the toilet. Who the fuck cares?

Heh... no fair changing the question. I didn't say anything about preferring to be paid less.

Here, try again (I bolded the part you're trying to ignore):

If I'm a low skilled worker, and I can't convince someone to give me a job for the minimum wage (regardless of who sets it), why should I be forced into to unemployment? Why can't I work for less if I want to?

Giving up?

Anybody else?

You can work for whatever wage you want to. If you are low skilled get some more skills.

It's an honest question. Can you answer it?

I can't even believe this is a serious question. The answer is quite simple. Because the vast majority of people would prefer to get paid as much as they can, fuck the tiny minority of people who would prefer to be paid less. Their preference should not be factored in. If anything, these individuals could flush the extra cash down the toilet. Who the fuck cares?

Heh... no fair changing the question. I didn't say anything about preferring to be paid less.

If I'm a low skilled worker, and I can't convince someone to give me a job for the minimum wage (regardless of who sets it), why should I be forced into to unemployment? Why can't I work for less if I want to?

For Christ's sakes. This logic isn't hard. Because the VAST MAJORITY do not think this way, it does not matter what these people want. Since when does any law have to satisfy 100% of the population? It never has. Obviously we shouldn't make murder legal just because a sociopath would prefer it that way.

Giving up?

Anybody else?

Sure I'll help them out. Because working for less is like a scab crossing the picket line during contract negotiations. It hurts everyone in the labor group when you lower the bar for the labor group.

So, I'd just have to 'take one for the team' and go on welfare or something?

Exactly. Basically on the bench as a favor to your fellow workers.

For Christ's sakes. This logic isn't hard. Because the VAST MAJORITY do not think this way, it does not matter what these people want. Since when does any law have to satisfy 100% of the population? It never has. Obviously we shouldn't make murder legal just because a sociopath would prefer it that way.

Can someone translate?

Sure I'll help them out. Because working for less is like a scab crossing the picket line during contract negotiations. It hurts everyone in the labor group when you lower the bar for the labor group.

Ok... so a mandated union ethos. I think i get it now.

Can someone translate?

He seems to be comparing looking for work to murder. Not sure.

Ok... so a mandated union ethos. I think i get it now.

Can someone translate?

He seems to be comparing looking for work to murder. Not sure.

Well at this point I can surmise dblack either is too dumb to understand simple logic, or he can't accept that he has lost the argument. Which is it?

Last edited:

What is wrong with me deciding for myself how much I'm willing to work for? So far, you only posited that it's wrong because the vast majority of other people don't think that way. Is being in the minority inherently wrong, in your view?

Last edited:

Well, murder is a violent crime that takes away the rights of others. How does that compare to taking a low wage job to keep from being unemployed?

Well the obvious link between the two laws is that 100% of the population doesn't get their way. Of course I don't even need to explain that to you because you already know why I made that comparison..

Are we done?

What is wrong with me deciding for myself how much I'm willing to work for? So far, you only posited that it's wrong because the vast majority of other people don't think that way. Is being in the minority inherently wrong, in your view?

:cuckoo: you just don't know when to quit do you?

:cuckoo: you just don't know when to quit do you?

Well, you're still dodging the question. But it's ok. I didn't expect an answer because there is no good reason.

Well, murder is a violent crime that takes away the rights of others. How does that compare to taking a low wage job to keep from being unemployed?

Well the obvious link between the two laws is that 100% of the population doesn't get their way. Of course I don't even need to explain that to you because you already know why I made that comparison..

Are we done?

Depends on you. Giving up?

I didn't think it possible, but overnight Billy became less intelligent, and also more of a commie drone.

Tomorrow I fully expect he will have lost the ability to regulate his own breathing.

Dummification of the welfare class seems to be almost 100 percent complete.

Are we done?

Depends on you. Giving up?

Well until you come up with a semi logical argument, yeah, I am done.

The owners of these fine luxury condos have decided that they'll accept less than minimum wage.

slum_quarter_in_th_1_galleryfull2.jpg

Want a whole lot more of that here?

Forum List

Back