🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This is What Trump Wants Welfare Recipients to Do

The worst thing you can do for a person on the street holding a sign is give them money.

Poverty should hurt. It should be agonizingly painful.Then we will see who deserves help and who does not.
Are you trying to imply that poverty doesn’t currently hurt?
True poverty does, but to see what true poverty looks like, you would have to go somewhere where it exists, parts of Africa and the Far East come to mind. Most "impoverished" Americans are very well off, considered from the point of view of people who really are living in poverty.
Yeah I can definitely see that. What do you think about Americans living in poverty? Do you think it is an enjoyable and luxurious lifestyle or do you think they face pain and hardships?

The worst thing you can do for a person on the street holding a sign is give them money.

Probably. We have those highway ramp beggars who are very annoying, but I see people giving them money all the time. I was thinking that maybe around Christmas time, I would get those $10.00 McDonald's gift certificates to hand them out. They probably couldn't sell them for anything and the only thing they could really use them for is to get a meal.

Poverty should hurt. It should be agonizingly painful.Then we will see who deserves help and who does not.
True poverty does, but to see what true poverty looks like, you would have to go somewhere where it exists, parts of Africa and the Far East come to mind. Most "impoverished" Americans are very well off, considered from the point of view of people who really are living in poverty.
Yeah I can definitely see that. What do you think about Americans living in poverty? Do you think it is an enjoyable and luxurious lifestyle or do you think they face pain and hardships?
Americans who truly live in poverty might be helped, but not by making them into tamed animals eating out of government troughs. Unfortunately, look around at people claiming to be "poor". They have cell phones, TVs, entertainment systems, often they have internet access, many also have cars and computers. While the SNAP program provides food, so do a multitude of school feeding programs. If they are all that poor, then let them do away with luxuries that the working people enjoy. Our "poor" in this country feel entitled to have everything a working person has, maybe more because they feel more deserving.
The closest we come to "poor" are those homeless who choose to live on the streets, in tent camps, and in shelters. They eschew many luxury items. But living like that is a choice.

Probably. We have those highway ramp beggars who are very annoying, but I see people giving them money all the time. I was thinking that maybe around Christmas time, I would get those $10.00 McDonald's gift certificates to hand them out. They probably couldn't sell them for anything and the only thing they could really use them for is to get a meal.
You'd be amazed what they can trade for something like that. If I'm feeling generous, I'll buy them a McMeal or a sandwich from the grocery store. I actually had one of those street beggars throw the food back at me once! I'd like to hire some of them who advertise they will work for food (or money), but I am afraid they'd just come back and break into my place.

You'd be amazed what they can trade for something like that. If I'm feeling generous, I'll buy them a McMeal or a sandwich from the grocery store. I actually had one of those street beggars throw the food back at me once! I'd like to hire some of them who advertise they will work for food (or money), but I am afraid they'd just come back and break into my place.

My husband stopped the derelicts from hanging around the shop by asking them to work. He was quite clever. He paid them ten dollars in advance to come back and work for an hour, then they get the other ten dollars giving them a whole TWENTY dollars an hour. Not one of them ever came back. We did not have a single homeless panhandler at our shop.

My husband stopped the derelicts from hanging around the shop by asking them to work. He was quite clever. He paid them ten dollars in advance to come back and work for an hour, then they get the other ten dollars giving them a whole TWENTY dollars an hour. Not one of them ever came back. We did not have a single homeless panhandler at our shop.
A lot of them don't really want to work. There have been reports that they case your place and then break in later to steal stuff. Most of them want booze or drugs and giving them food instead of money is almost an insult.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and I like to "pay it forward" when I can. I have taken young mothers shopping in the grocery store when they claimed they needed food for their children. I helped them pick out decent stuff and laid down a limit from the beginning. Some accepted and were grateful for what they got, others walked away with their panties in a bunch.

The poor need to be trampled while the rich get a $1.5 trillion dollar welfare check from the government, paid for by taxpayers. Which Would Jesus Do.

The poor need to be trampled while the rich get a $1.5 trillion dollar welfare check from the government, paid for by taxpayers. Which Would Jesus Do.

They are? Who are they making these checks out to?

To my knowledge, our new tax bill promised to take less from the people that were paying--not giving them anything.

Taking less from people is not giving them something.

One time one of those highway ramp beggars approached my truck holding the sign up that said WILL WORK FOR FOOD!" I carry bags of potato chips and snacks in my truck. I grabbed a couple of those and held it out the window for the guy to take. He just gave me a dirty look and walked away. LOL!

I think it would be hard to sell gift cards to anybody because they don't know what's on them. They could be used cards with 0 balance.

Here we have a problem with our deer population that requires them to thin the herd. They have sharp shooters go to the park and kill hundreds of deer. The people were outraged that we were killing such beautiful animals, so to placate them, they said they would donate the venison to the homeless shelters. Well the homeless shelters threw all that meat away because the homeless refused to eat it.

To my knowledge, our new tax bill promised to take less from the people that were paying--not giving them anything.

The deficit is increased by $1.5 trillion dollars. It is a transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy who will get all the money from this 'tax cut'. Conservatives who wail like tortured ghosts at midnight about any debt when they aren't in power vibrate with glee when they do have power because they can vote themselves gigantic piles of other people's money. And in the next breath they make spirited pleas that Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security must be cut drastically.

Americans who truly live in poverty might be helped, but not by making them into tamed animals eating out of government troughs. Unfortunately, look around at people claiming to be "poor". They have cell phones, TVs, entertainment systems, often they have internet access, many also have cars and computers. While the SNAP program provides food, so do a multitude of school feeding programs. If they are all that poor, then let them do away with luxuries that the working people enjoy. Our "poor" in this country feel entitled to have everything a working person has, maybe more because they feel more deserving.
The closest we come to "poor" are those homeless who choose to live on the streets, in tent camps, and in shelters. They eschew many luxury items. But living like that is a choice.

Our grocery store has many food stamp customers. I see what they buy with food stamps, but I also see what they buy with cash.

The fat pig is in line with her four kids, sometimes two shopping carts full of stuff. For the food, they pay with the SNAP's card, then they whip out the cash for huge bags of dog food, cat litter, perfume, cigarettes and alcohol.

So while we are paying for their food, they are using their money for goodies and pets.

The deficit is increased by $1.5 trillion dollars. It is a transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the wealthy who will get all the money from this 'tax cut'. Conservatives who wail like tortured ghosts at midnight about any debt when they aren't in power vibrate with glee when they do have power because they can vote themselves gigantic piles of other people's money. And in the next breath they make spirited pleas that Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security must be cut drastically.

Well Im middle-class and I'm keeping more of my money. It's not going to the wealthy until I spend it.

You live with this assumption that all money belongs to government, and what they allow you to keep is a gift from them to you. I don't see it that way.

When you take less from people, you are not giving them anything. For instance if you were my neighbor, and when you went to walk your dog, I snuck into your house and took $100.00 a week. Feeling guilty after a while, I stopped taking $100.00 a week from you, and instead, only took $75.00 a week. Does that mean I gave you $25.00 a week?

Of course not. I'm still taking $75.00 of your money every week. I didn't give you anything.

I think it would be hard to sell gift cards to anybody because they don't know what's on them. They could be used cards with 0 balance.

Here we have a problem with our deer population that requires them to thin the herd. They have sharp shooters go to the park and kill hundreds of deer. The people were outraged that we were killing such beautiful animals, so to placate them, they said they would donate the venison to the homeless shelters. Well the homeless shelters threw all that meat away because the homeless refused to eat it.
At least the homeless up here will eat game meat. But then, lots of them come into town from the villages. They grow up eating game meat, so getting moose or caribou is a treat. The problem is, government won't allow un-inspected, unapproved meat to be served to the homeless. They won't let them forage in the trash bins behind the grocery stores, either. Lots of perfectly good chow in those, but it's considered inadequate to nourish those who are hungry.

Our local reporters have done some stories on the Ramp and Street Corner Beggars. Once they've completed their daily stint, they walk way to a brand new car and drive to a nice house where they live without reporting any income or paying any taxes, living far better than most of the people who give them money.\

That's why I never give them anything.

As long as black and hispanic women are paid more welfare the more kids they have, the problem of poverty will grow.

The Right loves to talk about "welfare benefits" as if it is some sort of institutional bureaucracy with their own Cabinet Secretary that should be eliminated. Since I have no idea what their definition of a "welfare" benefit is, I will confine myself to SNAP and Section 8 housing. Since both of those programs mainly exist to make sure that the elderly and the children have a bed to sleep in and food on the table, I can only assume that the Right is pissed off that the elderly and children are deadbeats, and should be made to suffer because they do not work. That is their definition of MAGA.

The Right loves to talk about "welfare benefits" as if it is some sort of institutional bureaucracy with their own Cabinet Secretary that should be eliminated. Since I have no idea what their definition of a "welfare" benefit is, I will confine myself to SNAP and Section 8 housing. Since both of those programs mainly exist to make sure that the elderly and the children have a bed to sleep in and food on the table, I can only assume that the Right is pissed off that the elderly and children are deadbeats, and should be made to suffer because they do not work. That is their definition of MAGA.

The problem with our welfare system is that people have children while using it. While that may not be the children's problem, it's our problem.

if it were up to me, you wouldn't be allowed to have children while using any government program.

Forum List

Back