This is why we need to tax the wealthy

Simple. You want 100% of the US population to depend on Big Daddy Gobblement for every fucking thing. And the Great President Ronald Wilson Reagan said Government IS the problem.
No, the second most criminal US president was the problem.
Trump took the crown of corruption from Reagan.
I do not want the government to be all things to everyone, just what the Constitution STRICTLY spells out.

We dont need to raise taxes. We need to do away with expenditures.
You people are so simple minded :rolleyes:
I want our government to stop spending money on things that don`t affect me. Got it.
The fact is that most Americans get some sort of govt. benefits.
We pay an average of $ 1,451 each just on interest.

What we need are taxes on the wealthy that they are not so easily avoided.
The wealthy know better than to earn taxable income
Better way is tell Congress to change the tax shelter laws, this is a mess caused by rich Congressmen and it was meant to help themselves and their rich buddies, this is both laid at the feet of all of Congress, party matters not, Congress works for the rich.

Better way is tell Congress to change the tax shelter laws, this is a mess caused by rich Congressmen and it was meant to help themselves and their rich buddies, this is both laid at the feet of all of Congress, party matters not, Congress works for the rich.

A single page tax form would do that.

Better way is tell Congress to change the tax shelter laws, this is a mess caused by rich Congressmen and it was meant to help themselves and their rich buddies, this is both laid at the feet of all of Congress, party matters not, Congress works for the rich

Agree…

The Golden Rule: He who has the Gold, makes the rules

Very little in the tax code applies to the Middle Class

TNHarley

Sales taxes, property taxes, licenses and fees. Seriously? You think only income taxes are the only way? I live in a blue state , no income tax, one of the highest taxed states in the union. You may need to educate yourself.
lol so you would expect those tax laws to be enough to cover this huge cost AND what those taxes already pay for?

Didn't somebody somewhere else try this?

Oh yeah, the USSR. How'd that Workers Paradise turn out?

fucking idiot

It's why you're dimocraps -- You never learn. Not ever.
Prior to my birthday, the highest tax rate was about 90%.

It worked great.

We should do it again.

Billy000

Capital gains, if any, are only collected when an asset, like rental property, is sold and a profit is realized. Until then the value is 'uncertain', as we have seen in the past when housing values collapsed.

Do you propose to force the sale of such assets held by the rich?
I propose to tax the hell out of them if they're just sitting around doing nothing

I propose to tax the hell out of them if they're just sitting around doing nothing
Many assets held by the rich are producing taxable income every year. Take those yachts for example. They are routinely rented out for cruises at sea and events while docked, producing income and many jobs.

Last edited:
lol so you would expect those tax laws to be enough to cover this huge cost AND what those taxes already pay for?

Again, we are in the top 5 for the highest overall tax rate, more money than most states bring in from income tax. You can raise state taxes and fund a lot instead of sending to the feds to redistribute and send it back to the states, seems the fed just wants control.

TRILLIONS in untaxed wealth. Good luck explaining this to republicans I guess. You have to explain the difference between the official tax rate and the EFFECTIVE tax rate of top earners.
Typical Leftard. Must tear others down, can’t build anyone up.
BTW
Coveting what others have is a sin.

Forum List

Back