🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

This isn't just shocking...It's illegal

I believe I'll just go with the definition in the legal dictionary, describing sedition as the crime of revolting or inciting to revolt against the government

John Brown was guilty of sedition, the preachers and reporters that egged him on and helped him gain supporters were not.
John Brown was hanged, as were some of his "army", but not one loudmouth preacher from upstate ny or any reporters from boston were.
Precedent
In more modern times, Glenn Beck has yet to be prosecuted for his calls for uprisings.

I believe I'll just go with the definition in the legal dictionary, describing sedition as the crime of revolting or inciting to revolt against the government

:lol:

Perhaps it would be better to go with the actual law, rather than the "legal dictionary".

Did you actually bother to read 18 USC 2384?

What did it say at the top of the page?

Sedition is the crime of revolting or inciting to revolt against the government. 18USCA2384.

Sedition remains a crime under seditious conspiracy .Seditious conspiracy is when two or more conspire to levy war against the government. The statute 18USCA2385outlaws advocating the overthrow of our gov. by force.

Sedition is a crime.

Sedition is the crime of revolting or inciting to revolt against the government. 18USCA2384.

Sedition remains a crime under seditious conspiracy .Seditious conspiracy is when two or more conspire to levy war against the government. The statute 18USCA2385outlaws advocating the overthrow of our gov. by force.

Sedition is a crime.

Next time when you cut and paste from wikipedia, you should try to make sure you're not proving your opponent's argument for them.

Read the bolded part - and think about why it might say "sedition remains a crime..."

(It's because the law against "sedition" was found unconstitutional)

John Brown was guilty of sedition, the preachers and reporters that egged him on and helped him gain supporters were not.
John Brown was hanged, as were some of his "army", but not one loudmouth preacher from upstate ny or any reporters from boston were.
Precedent
In more modern times, Glenn Beck has yet to be prosecuted for his calls for uprisings.

The crime of sedition is punishable by fines and jail time but is rarely prosecuted.
Incite to violence is also a punishable crime as those fellas that egged on a rape and assault found out.

Sedition is a crime.

Next time when you cut and paste from wikipedia, you should try to make sure you're not proving your opponent's argument for them.

Read the bolded part - and think about why it might say "sedition remains a crime..."

It says sedition remains a crime.

Thanks.

That's what I'm saying.

Sedition is a crime.

It says sedition remains a crime.

Thanks.

That's what I'm saying.

Sedition remains a crime - but only if two or more people conspire to do it.

That's the part that seems to be flying over your head.

"Sedition" just means speaking out and verbally rebelling against the authority of the state.

He called for a revolution.

In 1994 the Republicans named their movement the Republican REVOLUTION. How many of them should have gone to jail?

What liberals really mean, when they say sedition is not a crime, is that's it's not a crime if THEY do it. If anyone else does it, it's a hanging offense. I mean, How do you think libs would have reacted if Conservatives had done the same thing to Obama? You don't have to answer. We all know exactly how they'd behave.

WHat liberals really mean, when they say sedition is not a crime, is that's it's not a crime if THEY do it. If anyone else does it, it's a hanging offense.
Don't watch the news much, do ya?

Signed,

The Bundy Family

What liberals really mean, when they say sedition is not a crime, is that's it's not a crime if THEY do it. If anyone else does it, it's a hanging offense. I mean, How do think libs would have reacted if Conservatives did the same thing to Obama? You don't have to answer. We all know exactly how they'd behave.

You honestly don't see that Conservatives are still doing all of this to Obama, even though he's not in office anymore?

What liberals really mean, when they say sedition is not a crime, is that's it's not a crime if THEY do it. If anyone else does it, it's a hanging offense. I mean, How do think libs would have reacted if Conservatives did the same thing to Obama? You don't have to answer. We all know exactly how they'd behave.

You honestly don't see that Conservatives are still doing all of this to Obama, even though he's not in office anymore?
You honestly don't know that Obama is a crook, and possibly guilty of treason? Amazing!

Forum List

Back