time to return to enhanced interrogation's NOW

Making a person who sole purpose in life is to kill/maim to drink water until he/she panics is not torture.

Yes, it is. It very much is.

My son's in Psy Ops....he's been waterboarded at LEAST 2 times. He says it's horrible, but he also believes it's needed and is the best way to get information. If someone is going to come with the sole purpose to kill as many Americans as possible, I couldn't care less what our military or Govt does to them! But you go ahead and feel sorry for them.....

Incorrect:

The use of torture, the report concludes, has “no justification” and “damaged the standing of our nation, reduced our capacity to convey moral censure when necessary and potentially increased the danger to U.S. military personnel taken captive.” The task force found “no firm or persuasive evidence” that these interrogation methods produced valuable information that could not have been obtained by other means. While “a person subjected to torture might well divulge useful information,” much of the information obtained by force was not reliable, the report says.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/w...san-review-concludes.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

And consequently the OP’s premise fails.

It was regular interrogation techniques that ultimately led to OBL. Not the torture techniques approved by the Bush administration.

Please specify the "torture techniques" you refer to. Do you consider any coercion to be torture, or should all terror suspects be given Miranda rights and advised to "lawyer up?"

Admittedly, this is a tricky question. "Insurrection" has been cited as a basis for withholding these rights, but it is difficult to define when it comes to small scale terrorism. Perhaps the wounding of multiple victims unrelated to a specific criminal objective should be included?
To PC to specify anything, and that is the major problem we face now in this country, where as we are to assume that everybody is good until the bomb goes off now. What ever happened to our common good within us, and our common sense we once had in this nation that once guided us ? I know, but again the PC crowd won't let me say it... Now it's tick tock, tick tock as we all watch the clock until the next tear drop falls, and this after another bomb goes off due to our idiocy in this nation now. We have a dumb down nation so bad now, that it isn't even funny anymore. So sad..

It was regular interrogation techniques that ultimately led to OBL. Not the torture techniques approved by the Bush administration.

Please specify the "torture techniques" you refer to. Do you consider any coercion to be torture, or should all terror suspects be given Miranda rights and advised to "lawyer up?"

Admittedly, this is a tricky question. "Insurrection" has been cited as a basis for withholding these rights, but it is difficult to define when it comes to small scale terrorism. Perhaps the wounding of multiple victims unrelated to a specific criminal objective should be included?
To PC to specify anything, and that is the major problem we face now in this country, where as we are to assume that everybody is good until the bomb goes off now. What ever happened to our common good within us, and our common sense we once had in this nation that once guided us ? I know, but again the PC crowd won't let me say it... Now it's tick tock, tick tock as we all watch the clock until the next tear drop falls, and this after another bomb goes off due to our idiocy in this nation now. We have a dumb down nation so bad now, that it isn't even funny anymore. So sad..

No, we assume one is innocent until proven guilty; in the United States we respect the rule of law.

What’s sad is you and others on the right are so willing to surrender your liberty for the illusion of security.

Tsarnaev gets the same that those who gave up UBL got
without we never found him (UBL)
we need to know the why
the whom
and where the next one is

He gave up his rights when he killed and maimed those people

Libs why not?

Cool your jets a minute, Rambo.

The kid has been in serious condition with a major wound to his mouth and neck. The little communication he has been able to provide has been via pen and paper because he cannot speak. You don't know what information he has been able to provide. You don't know if he has refused to provide information.

Before we put him on the rack, maybe we should determine that he's refusing to cooperate, have you considered that?

In the case with this suspect at the moment, I would agree that it probably would be very unproductive to try anything of the sort on this combatant... My thoughts are that when it comes to military tactics and techniques for extraction of information, it has to be used in stages, and then vary in degree against certain high enemy profiles or characters, in which would hopefully force them to give up top secret information on a very dangerous enemy for whom can reek havoc on the United States, and it's citizens whether here or there all depending. Then it is that the levels of extraction and the profile being dealt with, would always determine the method to be rendered as accordingly, and who it is that it should be used on. We as citizens don't understand these things much, nor should we have to, as this is what the military is trained for, and has used in varying degrees for centuries in wars, and against enemy combatants who are trained to do extreme harm to this nation and it's citizens.

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

You are talking about American citizens. It's bad enough when Hussein declares them to be terrorists and executes them with missiles but claiming that an American citizen "gave up his/her Amendment rights" for any reason is a very dangerous statement.

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

When we resort to barbarism, then WE ARE Tsarnaev.
So in answer to your question, even though I am not a lib...No.

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

Waterboarding is not barbaric. Our own soldiers have been subjected to it.

This kid would have given up his mother. Sang like a rock star. But we instead gave this guy a lawyer.

We're too stupid for our own good.

No, we assume one is innocent until proven guilty; in the United States we respect the rule of law.

What’s sad is you and others on the right are so willing to surrender your liberty for the illusion of security.
Ever heard of Intel gathering or investigations on high profile suspects or leads up to the high profile suspects ? If it is as you say here, and out of context in the way you in a blanket way try and use it I might add, then we could never conduct investigations on anyone, as we would be forced by your strict unwavering one sided thinking, to never assume anything or to never be able to go on a hunch and why is that ? Because according to you, to do so would be in violation of the rule of law.

Throwing around words out of context pertaining to the situation, in order to try and make a point hoping it will stick to anything and everything is quite the old game now, so maybe you should try another game, as that one has played out for the PC crowd.

Ever heard of Intel gathering or investigations on high profile suspects or leads up to the high profile suspects ? If it is as you say here, and out of context in the way you in a blanket way try and use it I might add, then we could never conduct investigations on anyone, as we would be forced by your strict unwavering one sided thinking, to never assume anything or to never be able to go on a hunch and why is that ? Because according to you, to do so would be in violation of the rule of law.

Throwing around words out of context pertaining to the situation, in order to try and make a point hoping it will stick to anything and everything is quite the old game now, so maybe you should try another game, as that one has played out for the PC crowd.

Are you trying to make sense?

Are you seriously suggesting we should abandon rule of law and the premise of innocent until proven guilty? What kind of fucking idiot-fascist are you?

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

This kid would have given up his mother. Sang like a rock star. But we instead gave this guy a lawyer.

How 'bout this. Prove he's guilty (should be a slam dunk in this case) and then torture him. He should get the death penalty anyway, so why not?

But that's not what you're suggesting, is it? What you want to do is authorize the government to torture someone before we know whether they've done anything wrong or not. That's some sick, ignorant shit. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but those of you calling for torture are on the wrong side.

Last edited:

How 'bout this. Prove he's guilty (should be a slam dunk in this case) and then torture him. He should get the death penalty anyway, so why not?

But that's not what you're suggesting, is it? What you want to do is authorize the government to torture someone before we know whether they've done anything wrong or not. That's some sick, ignorant shit. Sorry to put it so bluntly, but those of you calling for torture are on the wrong side.

Well since im only referring to terrorists I really don't give a fuck if I sound sick. I don't need 12 jurrors to convinve me of the obvious conclusion. And if this kid was not an American I REALLY wouldn't give a damn.

As to your wait till they're convicted idea I lol. How much pertinent info could he give after YEARS of legal preceedings?

This kid is lucky he was granted citizenship. Course with Obama running things it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Well since im only referring to terrorists I really don't give a fuck if I sound sick.

Slow down and think. Do you understand the difference between an accused terrorist, and a convicted terrorist? Accusations are cheap and easy. Anyone can be accused of terrorism. That means all of us are subject to torture, or whatever other unconstitutional provisions you're advocating, simply on an accusation. Is that really the kind of world you want to live in???

No one is suggesting terrorists should be treated 'kind and gentle'. We're just saying that we should still have to prove someone is actually guilty before we fuck them up. Is that really too much to ask?

Well since im only referring to terrorists I really don't give a fuck if I sound sick.

Slow down and think. Do you understand the difference between an accused terrorist, and a convicted terrorist? Accusations are cheap and easy. Anyone can be accused of terrorism. That means all of us are subject to torture, or whatever other unconstitutional provisions you're advocating, simply on an accusation. Is that really the kind of world you want to live in???

No one is suggesting terrorists should be treated 'kind and gentle'. We're just saying that we should still have to prove someone is actually guilty before we fuck them up. Is that really too much to ask?

I understand your point but all of America watched this event unfold on live tv. There is no doubt as to his guilt. In fact ALL the terrorists we've convicted have been caught in the act. Shoe bomber, underwear bomber....etc.

Wow, great response! You should feel pretty proud huh? You told him! Although I doubt it really bother JRK....but i'm sure you feel better now! How old are you?
WTF you talkin' about? He got off easy!

He should be thankful there are rules preventing me from saying what I really wanted to say.

Anyone who suggests we should torture people, deserves every cuss word in the book.

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

Sorry to disagree, but yes...it is barbaric.
My point is..when we become like radical muslims, then WE are our own enemy. We cannot fall to their level. Cannot. At least..I cannot.

To willing disrespect the rule of law is to notify other Americans that one hates the Constitution and the foundations of the Republic.

If you support that, you are evil. Never breed.

you have people who set an explosion to kill innocent people, maim them, change there lives for ever, no mention of them
And you attack a person who thinks we should do what it takes to protect YOU and YOUR faimly?
And you call me evil?
Really?
I find that rather strange that you would call me evil and ignore those who did the real hurt

All I am trying to do is prevent the next evil act

So who are you?

this is no game
defending people who do acts of terror while attacking those of us who think we should do what it takes to protect YOU and YOUR faimly from being attacked?
not a good time bud, not a good time
you might want to explain your hate for me and why you ignore those who those who try to kill us before someone else askes you that question

The rule of law MUST BE UPHELD. If the bomber's rights are ignored, WE ALL HAVE NO RIGHTS. It really is that simple.

Yes. It really is that simple. If we can justify ignoring the Constitution for him, we can justify ignoring it for you. It is nice to see someone who gets that.

Are you trying to make sense?

Are you seriously suggesting we should abandon rule of law and the premise of innocent until proven guilty? What kind of fucking idiot-fascist are you?
No I am not saying abandon the rule of law, so don't try and put words or definitions into my mouth, as that is an old game played by the idiot left also, and that game has about played out as well these days. People know the differences in all of this stuff, and the one size fits all never works and never has worked when it comes to strategies and investigations to get to the bottom of this stuff, so what kind of idiot do you think everyone here is would be the better question? Trying to over dramatize something to the inth degree is a strategy used by the left, but people know this failed strategy now, so go back into your hole that you climbed out of demon.

we need to know the why
the whom

Libs why not?

no need to the captured and wounded terrorist

said no other parties had been involved

Forum List

Back