time to return to enhanced interrogation's NOW

HE Attacked this country
we are at war
what part of that dont you get?

The whole premise. By your tortured logic, any asshole with a grudge and an M-80 can thrust our entire nation into "war".

M80?
WE ARE AT WAR
What part of post 9-11 terrorist, fort hood, Benghazi, Boston Marathon do you not understand?
My god how far into denial are you willing to crawl for BHO?
You feel Enhanced interrogation is not good, I can respect that
But to lie about it and to pretend this is about an M80?
And to deny we are not at war and have been for 11 years?

HE Attacked this country
we are at war

The whole premise. By your tortured logic, any asshole with a grudge and an M-80 can thrust our entire nation into "war".

M80?
WE ARE AT WAR
What part of post 9-11 terrorist, fort hood, Benghazi, Boston Marathon do you not understand?
My god how far into denial are you willing to crawl for BHO?
You feel Enhanced interrogation is not good, I can respect that
But to lie about it and to pretend this is about an M80?
And to deny we are not at war and have been for 11 years?

Your definition of "war" places us in a state of eternal warfare. No thanks.

It's not a question of denial. It's a question of redefining words to justify a permanent state of war.

Last edited:
You know you people who are defending this mass murderer act as though he may be the guy?
We know it is him
He is an enemy combatant
You want your family to be the next blown up?
Why is it hard to understand these people are trying to kill you?

(My bold)

Well, these two killed three people @ the scene of the bombs, & one police/security officer. They also tried to kill others by direct fire, as they were trying to get away the night the older brother was captured. & they wounded 180+ people.

I don't understand how they expected bombs to persuade the US to help Chechen independence, if that's what they wanted. If anything, it'll be the opposite - the W admin made common cause - in return for the Russian Federation's cooperation in the War on Terror - we granted the legitimacy of the Russian war on Chechnia.

Judging from the results, the Boston bombs were meant to wound people more than kill them. The dead must have been standing directly in the blast from the bombs. So the bombers perhaps wanted to be mass murderers, certainly they set the bombs, TMK. & I think we can make that case in court with no problems.

But this isn't 09/11. We don't have 3000+ dead, plus a lot of MIA unaccounted for. The physical damage to property can be cleaned up, we'll bury our dead & help heal our wounded. I think the bombers mistook their situation. In Chechnia, wounds & amputations by shrapnel probably are killers & the long-term outlooks for the wounded are v. poor. & they were probably shocked to be tracked down by video footage relatively quickly - another factor that doesn't appear in Chechnia.

In the US, the wounded who reached hospitals will be healed & fitted with prostheses. While the quality of their lives may not be 100% what it was before, they will be able to participate in civil life, hold jobs, & so on.

The moral: This is not Vietnam. The majority of US citizens will rally to ID/capture bombers.

The other moral: Our descent to savagery is not needed, & dangerous to the republic. We've already tried Extraordinary Rendition, torture by proxy & directly, extended isolation of prisoners & on & on. We can look @ Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Gitmo, Abu Ghraib & other illegal detention sites & see the results. We need to return to our historical values & simply interrogate prisoners. The FBI has generated excellent results thereby - which means we need to capture people, not merely blow them up.

To the extent reasonably possible, we need to capture & try suspects, to generate information. It is information - not just force of arms - that will allow us to suppress terrorism back down to a background level. Short of Paradise on Earth, I'm not sure we can completely stamp out terrorism. But it's worth trying to reduce terrorism to the absolute minimum, as opposed to throwing gasoline on the flames.

Nonsense.........we are not at war

THEY are at war with us.........have been for 30 years.......

Our limited responses have been inadequate, underwhelming, and insufficient.................

Our limited responses have been inadequate, underwhelming, and insufficient.................
The last I looked, we're the only country running around the planet making up bullshit reasons to attack sovereign nations.

In the Middle Ages, the law required that a witch could not be convicted, unless he/she confessed that he/she was a witch. In order to get that confession, the presumed witch was tortured until the confession was obtained. Tens of thousands of witches confessed under torture, and were put to death over 200-300 years.

Therefore, we are left with the inescapeable truth that there were, in fact, tens of thousands of real witches, or, conversely, that torture does not work in trying to find true information.

I have a pretty good idea, myself, as to which of these two statements are true. But, then, I have studied history, and obvoiusly many people here have not even read it.

The last I looked, we're the only country running around the planet making up bullshit reasons to attack sovereign nations.

You should stop "looking" up your ass....

In the Middle Ages, the law required that a witch could not be convicted, unless he/she confessed that he/she was a witch. In order to get that confession, the presumed witch was tortured until the confession was obtained. Tens of thousands of witches confessed under torture, and were put to death over 200-300 years.

Therefore, we are left with the inescapeable truth that there were, in fact, tens of thousands of real witches, or, conversely, that torture does not work in trying to find true information.

I have a pretty good idea, myself, as to which of these two statements are true. But, then, I have studied history, and obvoiusly many people here have not even read it.

Well....you ARE talking about people who probably believe in witches.

To PC to specify anything, and that is the major problem we face now in this country, where as we are to assume that everybody is good until the bomb goes off now. What ever happened to our common good within us, and our common sense we once had in this nation that once guided us ? I know, but again the PC crowd won't let me say it... Now it's tick tock, tick tock as we all watch the clock until the next tear drop falls, and this after another bomb goes off due to our idiocy in this nation now. We have a dumb down nation so bad now, that it isn't even funny anymore. So sad..

No, we assume one is innocent until proven guilty; in the United States we respect the rule of law.

What’s sad is you and others on the right are so willing to surrender your liberty for the illusion of security.

NO WE ARE NOT
HE Attacked this country
we are at war

At war with whom?

Tsarnaev gets the same that those who gave up UBL got
without we never found him (UBL)
we need to know the why
the whom
and where the next one is

He gave up his rights when he killed and maimed those people

Libs why not?

Yes, this is why they found UBL years after they stopped torturing :rolleyes:

First no torture, second they found it due to evidence from said "torture". Wow, liberals are stupid, they think things like that happen in a month....WOw what a dipshit.....we could have gotten him alot sooner had enhanced interrogation been practiced more.

No, we assume one is innocent until proven guilty; in the United States we respect the rule of law.

What’s sad is you and others on the right are so willing to surrender your liberty for the illusion of security.

NO WE ARE NOT
HE Attacked this country
we are at war

At war with whom?

terrorists..you know those guys with turbans that use democrat talking points in their speeches....yeah those guys

You are for torture, JRK, thus you are a terrorist sympathizer using terror tactics against terrorists.

Torture is against international and national law. The bushies did it, and it appears the Obamies are doing it.

Hopefully, the day will come when all go before the international court.

We've had this discussion and you lost.....torture is legal on terrorists and spies.....
and it's not torture, so go put your kids in timeout, because spanking is torture!

Indeed. We should have learned our lesson from the pussified left and now interrogate and execute captured all jihadists on the battlefield. Or hand them over to allies willing to interrogate properly.......lol

I find it hard to believe that anyone actually believes we ever stopped torturing terror suspects. If they have good enough reason,water boarding is going to be the least of the guys worries.

(My bold)

Sure we did. Torture & Extraordinary Rendition phased out once the W admin saw the results of Gitmo, waterboarding, the pix out of Abu Ghraib & so on. (To the extent that our European & Middle Eastern allies began to refuse to extradite suspects to US custody. Plus several countries began legal proceedings against our Extraordinary Rendition out of their airports &/or airspace.) That is exactly the same time that drones began to be armed & Hellfire drone strikes ramped up, to the current level of activity. We still kill/injure too many civilians in drone strikes, & we'll have to find some more sustainable technique to decapitate Al Queda & related organizations. But drones are a start.

Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns
Renditions continue under Obama, despite due-process concerns - Washington Post

NO WE ARE NOT
HE Attacked this country
we are at war

At war with whom?

Who is it we fought in Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Afghanistan?
If you are to believe our navy seals part of those in Iraq where Chechnyan rebels
Chechen rebels' ties to Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

Name another country doing what we're doing?

If you're so into military aggression, maybe you should go live in Weimar, Germany?

Name another country that has been attacked sense the first WTC bombing in the early 90s
what about the UN stating that Iraq had 6000 WMDs missing 1/27/2003?
was we suppose to ignore that after 9-11?
There was over 30 countries went with us into Iraq and many more into afgahn.

Name another country doing what we're doing?

If you're so into military aggression, maybe you should go live in Weimar, Germany?

Name another country that has been attacked sense the first WTC bombing in the early 90s
what about the UN stating that Iraq had 6000 WMDs missing 1/27/2003?
was we suppose to ignore that after 9-11?
There was over 30 countries went with us into Iraq and many more into afgahn.

it is not just us

Wow, great response! You should feel pretty proud huh? You told him! Although I doubt it really bother JRK....but i'm sure you feel better now! How old are you?
WTF you talkin' about? He got off easy!

He should be thankful there are rules preventing me from saying what I really wanted to say.

Anyone who suggests we should torture people, deserves every cuss word in the book.

And people that believe terrorists should be treated fairly are morons. They don't care about their victims, they try to kill as many as possible. I believe in an eye for an eye. But do what you can to get the info first!

Forum List

Back