TN oks guns on campuses

The second part talked about George's law the making I would let students have guns.

Say What?

"In Georgia, Governor Nathan Deal, a Republican, is expected on Tuesday to either sign or veto a measure that would allow licensed gun owners ages 21 and over to carry concealed handguns on the campuses of public colleges and universities in that state."

Where does it say anything about giving students guns?

Many students are over 21, and have licenses.

Has nothing to do with your previous post.

Sure it does . I'd be freaked over crazy ass students packing heat . The GA laws doesn't say guns are limited to staff . Meaning students could carry too.

YOUR previous post was about giving students free guns.

and yes, students, over the age of 21, would be able to carry.

Oh brother , I didn't mean hand them guns. I meant allow them to have guns . That's the premis of the OP.

Where is anyone getting handed free guns in this country ??

Say What?

"In Georgia, Governor Nathan Deal, a Republican, is expected on Tuesday to either sign or veto a measure that would allow licensed gun owners ages 21 and over to carry concealed handguns on the campuses of public colleges and universities in that state."

Has nothing to do with your previous post.

Sure it does . I'd be freaked over crazy ass students packing heat . The GA laws doesn't say guns are limited to staff . Meaning students could carry too.

YOUR previous post was about giving students free guns.

and yes, students, over the age of 21, would be able to carry.

Oh brother , I didn't mean hand them guns. I meant allow them to have guns . That's the premis of the OP.

Where is anyone getting handed free guns in this country ??

That's what you posted.

They are also talking about giving students guns? Can you think of a bigger mass of insane jack asses other than a college campus?

What else should they not be allowed to do on campus, timmy?

Drink?

Vote?

Drive?

They are also talking about giving students guns? Can you think of a bigger mass of insane jack asses other than a college campus?

Considering the minimum age for carrying a hand gun is 21........yes...I can think of a bigger mass of insane jack asses...they vote democrat.

Bill allowing guns on Tennessee campuses becomes law
Educators and other full-time staffers at Tennessee's public state universities and colleges will soon be able to carry handguns on campus after Governor Bill Haslam allowed a bill to become law on Monday without his signature.
The bill that the Republican governor allowed to become law had little opposition in both houses, easily passing 69-24 in the House and 28-5 in the Senate last month. The law will go into effect on July 1.
The law, which affects 50 state institutions, was opposed by both the State Board of Regents and the University of Tennessee system.
Gun control on college campuses is a growing focus in the national debate over access to guns.
Including Tennessee, 10 states now allow guns on campus, although the Tennessee and Arkansas laws allow only faculty and staff to carry handguns, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures, which tracks policies in all 50 states.
In Georgia, Governor Nathan Deal, a Republican, is expected on Tuesday to either sign or veto a measure that would allow licensed gun owners ages 21 and over to carry concealed handguns on the campuses of public colleges and universities in that state.
On Aug. 1, 2016, a so-called campus carry law takes effect in Texas, allowing people 21 and older with a concealed handgun license to carry handguns in classrooms and buildings throughout the University of Texas system.
In Tennessee, anyone carrying a gun under the new law must have a permit and notify local police or campus security, whichever has responsibility for law enforcement on campus. Students are not allowed to carry handguns on campus.
-----------------

I don't disagree with this a bit :thup:
Firearms are only as dangerous as the intentions as their owner... Lol

A licensed, properly trained staff member at a local elementary school has a gun locked in her room and I'm guessing it's not the only school that has a staff member ready to respond if necessary. It's not that she's afraid of parents or students, it's in case of a Newtown. Different states have different laws, and I don't really like the thought of armed security guards walking around a school with a big old gun, but I think it's a sensible solution. In a high school in a high crime area, the idea might backfire (no pun intended).

In a lot of high schools they already have Police officers on campus as police liason officers....they carry a gun already...it is the elementary schools that are unprotected. That is one of the reasons the Sandy Hook shooter chose the elementary school over the middle school and the high school...the other two had armed security.

Mmmm ... the OP stated students are NOT allowed to carry on campus ... it was bolded.

The second part talked about George's law the making I would let students have guns.

Say What?

If they are 21...there is no reason they shouldn't be able to carry if they are not criminals or dangerously mentally ill.......

Normal people aren't committing mass shootings....and the mass shooters already ignore all of your laws...

People have to be taught the danger of firearms at a young age. The first gun I shot was a double barrel 12 gauge shot gun at a 4X4 lumber post when five years old that knocked me on my rear end twice much to grandpa's enjoyment.

The laws should extend to K-12 public schools as well.

I agree. Public schools are dangerous as hell. I would never send my kids to these govt indoctrination dumps.
govt indoctrination dumps
I'm a teacher and my parents were both teachers and I have a lot of good friends and family who are teachers. So SHADDUP!
IOW you're part of the problem.

I agree. Public schools are dangerous as hell. I would never send my kids to these govt indoctrination dumps.
I'm a teacher and my parents were both teachers and I have a lot of good friends and family who are teachers. So SHADDUP!

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope

Wish students had the chance to defend themselves as well but as a new Tennessee resident I already like our governor here more than I ever liked that clown governor deal in Georgia that wet noodle for a spine RINO vetoed the gun bill there I'm sure mass murderers at college campuses will thank him

Wish students had the chance to defend themselves as well but as a new Tennessee resident I already like our governor here more than I ever liked that clown governor deal in Georgia that wet noodle for a spine RINO vetoed the gun bill there I'm sure mass murderers at college campuses will thank him
I thought I liked him too. But check him out. He didn't start to support guns until he decided to run for governor. And he didn't even sign this. He just knew if he vetoed, he was done.
I have agreed with him on a bunch of shit, but he is a fake.

I thought I liked him too. But check him out. He didn't start to support guns until he decided to run for governor. And he didn't even sign this. He just knew if he vetoed, he was done.
Ahh yea I read in the paper he just let it happen. His Lt Governor seems more conservative though

Alexander Pope

Whats your little poem trying to say old lady? Keep drinking to make sorrows go away?

Alexander Pope
Oh this learning what a thing it is.
Oh this woodcock, what an ass it is.
-Shakespeare, Taming of the Shrew.

Bill Haslam has been a total piece of shit as governor. Beth Harwell as Speaker has been equally bad. The whole state GOP is a bunch of corrupt cronies. Go look at the Rocky Top Politics blog sometime.

Alexander Pope

Whats your little poem trying to say old lady? Keep drinking to make sorrows go away?
No, that would be Houseman. It says don't just listen to shallow, hateful propaganda and think you know what you're talking about.

Alexander Pope

No, that would be Houseman. It says don't just listen to shallow, hateful propaganda and think you know what you're talking about.

What hateful progaganda ol lady? Ive seen public schools and theyre dumps. My sister teaches at one and you stated as much. No offense to either of you.

Public schools are not government indoctrination centers and I don't believe I ever said they're dumps. Some probably are, but most of 'em keep the rain off. I don't feel offended so much as frustrated by people who believe schools have some nefarious purpose. I hate propaganda -- what you call indoctrination -- and those who spew it. That's not what I teach, or most likely what your sister teaches. Education vaccinates against propaganda.

Forum List

Back