To claim asylum you must be physically in the US .

I stopped right there. These aren't criminals. They're migrants. Looking to apply for asylum is not a crime.
They are migrants only via the legal immigration process.
Do you have Any comprehension that words have definitions and meaning?
it is not a crime to seek asylum in the US.
Typical liberal trick attempt of “restating” and rebuking what was Never stated to begin with
Seeking asylum has requirements. Because a mass of people may wish to seek asylum does not mean they qualify for it. When they keep coming anyway they are not asylum seekers but rather a group trying to forcibly and illegally enter the country. Not migrants and not asylum candidates.

The border crossing was closed. No applications were taken. You have no idea who in that group would qualify. We have an orderly process that takes those applications and determines their eligibility.
There is a process but under Trump it's not working because he doesn't want it work. He wants a crisis at border.

I don't believe that. What evidence do you have of this? You have clear proof that CPB is not taking Asylum applications?

The problem I have is, crime, is not a valid asylum claim.

Asylum is, as people have posted hundreds of times:

persecution due to:
  • Race
  • Religion
  • Nationality
  • Membership in a particular social group
  • Political opinion
Crime... is not a race. Nor a Religion. Nor a nationality. Nor a 'social group'. Nor a political opinion.

Then when you top it off with the violence I've seen in these videos.... you lose all my empathy.

You tell me you are coming here to escape violence in Honduras.... then you pick up stones and start attacking our border patrols? No. Ship them all back. You are not going to claim you are fleeing violence, and then bring violence to our country, before you are even allowed in yet.

A port of entry is IN the US...and by law you must be granted a hearing
JHC. Can you even read?
"You may ask for ask for asylum at a point of-entry(airport, seaport or border crossing) or, if you are already in the United States you may file form I-589."
Exact quote from the OP's link you both failed to comprehend .

A port of entry is just that.
You are not officially in country until cleared by customs and immigration .

A port of entry is on American soil, fool.

So what do you call closing the port of entry when applicants arrive? Is that proper in your view?

See there is the issue.

Have you ever heard the statement, one person ruins it for everyone?

Well, these criminals trying to storm the border, are ruining it for everyone.

You don't get to just storm the border.

So logically if people are clashing with police and such, the solution is to close the border. This is naturally what will happen.

That's on them. Our ambassador was pleading with them to enter legally, and follow entry procedures. They are refusing, and trying to break our laws. So this is what happens.

Why are you angry at anyone other than the people who are breaking the law? We're not making them break the laws.
They are storming the border because they believe the only way that they will be allowed to submit their application for asylum is by climb over the wall. We need to be sure they understand that their application will be considered when they reach the border agents and that there is no need to violate the law. However an orderly process is not what Trump needs. He needs a crisis and what better way to appeal to his base than to have immigrants storming the border.
Now that you think about it, with the invasion of the diseased criminal horde, if it gets too out of hand, then President Trump under executive powers could declare a state of emergency and declare Martial Law. At that point, no more elections until the country gets back to normal operations. If I were you libtards, I would be at the border telling those sick bastards to go home or expect 20 years of President Trump...Can you imagine the butt hurt liberals all crying about how unfair it is that they cant get rid of President Trump.....Bwaaaahhhaaaahhhaaaaaaa
Martial law - Wikipedia
Martial Law is the imposition of direct military control of normal civilian functions of government, especially in response to a temporary emergency such as invasion or major disaster, or in an occupied territory.
Yes, the president can declare martial law. However, it has happened only once, during Civil War. If Trump declared Martial it would have to be something a lot bigger than a bunch of migrants storming the border. Otherwise congress would not go long with it and Trump would look like the mad extremist he actually is.

Don’t believe the righty propaganda about “applying the right way”. You actually have to be in the US to claim asylum. So if someone walks up to the border and claims asylum they aren’t illegal .

Obtaining Asylum in the United States

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

If you come into the U.S. without permission, you're illegally here.
People that plea for asylum at the border crossing are given permission to enter the US if the agent is convinced the person appears to have a creditable case. Generally, they are held in detention until they are interviewed by an asylum agent.

So we should build new facilities to hold thens of thousands in detention while they are waiting for an agent? What happens when it gets to hundreds of thousands?

apply at port of entry.

JHC. Can you even read?
"You may ask for ask for asylum at a point of-entry(airport, seaport or border crossing) or, if you are already in the United States you may file form I-589."

So what do you call closing the port of entry when applicants arrive? Is that proper in your view?

See there is the issue.

So logically if people are clashing with police and such, the solution is to close the border. This is naturally what will happen.

That's on them. Our ambassador was pleading with them to enter legally, and follow entry procedures. They are refusing, and trying to break our laws. So this is what happens.

Why are you angry at anyone other than the people who are breaking the law? We're not making them break the laws.
They are storming the border because they believe the only way that they will be allowed to submit their application for asylum is by climb over the wall. We need to be sure they understand that their application will be considered when they reach the border agents and that there is no need to violate the law. However an orderly process is not what Trump needs. He needs a crisis and what better way to appeal to his base than to have immigrants storming the border.

Conspiracy time.jpeg

I thought he needed troops because he wanted to influence the midterm elections and they were not needed. I thought that these migrants were a thousand miles away and will become exhausted and return home. I thought they were mostly women and children.

Trump's disapproval rating shot up again amid all this and I'm sure his advisers predicted it too.

Typical liberal trick attempt of “restating” and rebuking what was Never stated to begin with
Seeking asylum has requirements. Because a mass of people may wish to seek asylum does not mean they qualify for it. When they keep coming anyway they are not asylum seekers but rather a group trying to forcibly and illegally enter the country. Not migrants and not asylum candidates.

The border crossing was closed. No applications were taken. You have no idea who in that group would qualify. We have an orderly process that takes those applications and determines their eligibility.

According to border patrol, none of them asked for asylum. They threw rocks and bottles instead.

Because the border was closed, dope.

Yikes......:uhoh3:

Because the border was closed, they couldn't speak to a border agent, ICE agent or anybody in the military? Dope.

JHC. Can you even read?

See there is the issue.

they came here with bad intel.

Well, you have that in common.

JHC. Can you even read?

See there is the issue.

I’m in my house!:dunno:

According to border patrol, none of them asked for asylum. They threw rocks and bottles instead.

Because the border was closed, they couldn't speak to a border agent, ICE agent or anybody in the military? Dope.

How do they get to access to a closed border crossing, dope?

Im sure they were handing out asylum forms.:laugh2:

I stopped right there. These aren't criminals. They're migrants. Looking to apply for asylum is not a crime.

There is a process but under Trump it's not working because he doesn't want it work. He wants a crisis at border.

Exactly right.
We have never had these types of problems before.

Don’t believe the righty propaganda about “applying the right way”. You actually have to be in the US to claim asylum. So if someone walks up to the border and claims asylum they aren’t illegal .

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

Why do you insist on having a permanent underclass that serves one purpose, and that is to drive wages down for all Americans? Why do insist on helping the wealthy exploit the American worker?

See there is the issue.

And always come in here with bad intel.

Or an embassy of. Stop being retarded. No one says these trash can’t appily, they were only required to appily at a POE and wait. They don’t get to come here.

See there is the issue.

And always come in here with bad intel.
I know, intel that’s fact that confuses you

Haven't you learned by now that if you challenge me, I'm going to defeat you?

Interview with the border chief. Pay very close attention to what he says between the 4:30 and 5:30 minute line. Before you don't even watch it and cry foul, it's a report from one of your very own: The Communist News Network. If you want to learn more, watch the entire interview.

San Diego Border Patrol Chief: Asylum-Seekers Would Surrender, Not Throw Rocks

Interview with the border chief. Pay very close attention to what he says between the 4:30 and 5:30 minute line. Before you don't even watch it and cry foul, it's a report from one of your very own: The Communist News Network. If you want to learn more, watch the entire interview.

So what was their intention then?
Walk 2k miles to what, throw rocks?

You defeat yourself every time with you poorly applied, dopey logic.

If they wanted to accept asylum claims, they wouldn't have closed the border.

And by going to any US embassy or consulate in the world, you are then on US soil. Embassies & consulates are recognized as that country’s soil per international agreement. So by skipping past said facilities in Mexico & rejecting Mexico’s offer for asylum, it appears the true purpose of this caravan is pretty clear.
You guys just make up your own rules and laws. A person can not seek asylum at an Embassy or Consulate. Physically in the United States means physically in the USA.

How to Obtain Protection from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate
OK, the link confirms a person can not apply for asylum at an Embassy or Consulate. Thank you.

It also states there are services the embassies can provide...you’re welcome

So what was their intention then?
Walk 2k miles to what, throw rocks?

You defeat yourself every time with you poorly applied, dopey logic.

If they wanted to accept asylum claims, they wouldn't have closed the border.

Their intention was to be treated the way others were treated under DumBama: Catch and Release. They also knew how the Democrats came to their side to defend them the last batch that came around, and assumed the media and Democrats would win that battle again.

The greatest asset anybody who wants to break our laws have are Democrats. Criminals depend on them.

You do know there is a US embassy in Mexico city, right? If they had only wanted asylum, they could have applied there. Well, that is, if their intention was only asylum and not overstaying after the court date and disappearing in the country.

You do know there is a US embassy in Mexico city, right? If they had only wanted asylum, they could have applied there. Well, that is, if their intention was only asylum and not overstaying after the court date and disappearing in the country.

You can bet if they ever get into the US they WILL DISAPPEAR.
According to Justice Department data from the last five available years, around 60 to 75 percent of non-detained migrants have attended their immigration court proceedings. There is no numbers on asylum seekers but it's reasonable to assume that a person that spent a month traveling a thousand miles or more mostly on foot, passed the initial interview at the boarder, prepared their asylum petition, passed their official interview with an asylum agent, and passed their background check is not going to blow it by missing their hearing. These people may be uneducated and poor, but they are not crazy.
Majority of undocumented immigrants show up for court

Okay smarty pants, explain the 11 million.

How You Can Be Absolutely Certain That Mainstream Media Lies About Everything

Forum List

Back