To Everybody Calling Trump Mean

Sure, that's what courts are for. If I pull out a gun though and demand my money back, I can expect to be charged with a pretty serious crime.

So I'll ask again.

If you believe bankers are crooks, would you be allowed to rob banks?
It's a terrible analogy, Forkup. Trump didn't pull a gun on anyone. He told the crowd that day to protest peacefully. Since when is a candidate not allowed to challenge election results? Hillary has done so for years. Al Gore challenged W's win in Florida repeatedly.

It's a terrible analogy, Forkup. Trump didn't pull a gun on anyone. He told the crowd that day to protest peacefully. Since when is a candidate not allowed to challenge election results? Hillary has done so for years. Al Gore challenged W's win in Florida repeatedly.
No, it's not a bad analogy because it's an analogy that's focused on the premise that believing one crime has been committed on you doesn't excuse committing another crime in retaliation. In this case the falsifying of electoral college votes and trying to get them accepted as real.

That's the point. You rather talk about what you believe is the exact nature of what happened on Jan 6th than what it was designed to do.

You "challenge" election results in a court of law. Or if the mood strikes you (and much more ineffective) by protesting the results. Falsifying records though, to try to get the results changed in your favor is not a "challenge", it's a criminal act.

Last edited:
No, it's not a bad analogy because it's an analogy that's focused on the premise that one crime doesn't excuse committing another crime in retaliation. In this case the falsifying of electoral college votes and trying to get them accepted as real.

That's the point. You rather talk about what you believe is the exact nature of what happened on Jan 6th than what it was designed to do.

You "challenge" election results in a court of law. Or if the mood strikes you by protesting the results. Falsifying records though to try to get the results changed in your favor is not a "challenge" it's a criminal act.
Sending alternative electors is not the same as falsifying electoral college votes.

Sending alternative electors is not the same as falsifying electoral college votes.
Sure, it is. Every single one of those "alternative electors" put on paper they were the "duly certified electors of a state" something that actually has to happen before you can claim it. A crime people already have admitted too. And if that claim is then sent to NARA and is attempted to be put forth during the certification you are committing fraud. Fraud intended to overturn the election results.

Last edited:
Have you ever heard the term, Bloodless Coup

It was an attempted Bloodless Coup de'tat.

Also an attempted Self Coup.... a form of coup d'état in which a nation's head, having come to power through legal means, stays in power through illegal means.
It could have easily descended into trump declaring martial law and doing it that way.also illegal if you're the one causing the violence and mayhem..

Sure, it is. Every single one of those "alternative electors" put on paper they were the "duly certified electors of a state" something that actually has to happen before you can claim it. A crime people already have admitted too. And if that claim is then sent to NARA and is attempted to be put forth during the certification you are committing fraud. Fraud intended to overturn the election results.
Which electors are valid is up to the courts to decide...until then they're just two groups each claiming validity.

Which electors are valid is up to the courts to decide...until then they're just two groups each claiming validity.
One is certified by the state in the state capitol the other isn't. No claim at all. Simply cold hard facts. You don't roll out of bed and say, yup I'm the certified elector of the state of Michigan. It requires a process.

The State Executive of each State signs the Certificate of Ascertainment to appoint the electors chosen in the general election.
Ending up here. 2020 Electoral College Results

The fact that you claim this is somehow unknowable and simply rest on claims, is pretty telling.

One is certified by the state in the state capitol the other isn't. No claim at all. Simply cold hard facts. You don't roll out of bed and say, yup I'm the certified elector of the state of Michigan. It requires a process.

The State Executive of each State signs the Certificate of Ascertainment to appoint the electors chosen in the general election.
Ending up here. 2020 Electoral College Results

The fact that you claim this is somehow unknowable and simply rest on claims, is pretty telling.
Electors are selected before the election takes place by each party...which ones are certified later is determined by which candidate is certified to have won that State's election.

Obnoxious, cross, whatever words you want to use. Some of you are Republicans too. Let me just ask you guys a question. How would you feel if somebody tried to throw you in prison out of nowhere, kept claiming that you said things that you didn't, and tried to murder you?

Most likely you wouldn't want to send them flowers as you would be pretty ticked off. So I do believe that Trump has every reason in the world to be mister nasty.

Hes a ****.

which ones are certified later is determined by which candidate is certified to have won that State's election
Yesssss... In this case the certified electors were those of Biden. And the ones that weren't certified were those for Trump. As is attested to in the Certificate of Ascertainment. A certificate that was falsified and you claim somehow is open to dispute. While one was actually certified and the other wasn't. Something that's NOT a matter of opinion since it requires real people doing real stuff. To put it in another analogy. A fake dollar bill isn't a matter of opinion. It is fake because it is not printed by the Treasury Department's Bureau of Engraving and Printing but originates someplace else. You are claiming that the certification process is simply something you can claim regardless.

Forum List

Back