To hell with compromise.

The question was whether or not you opposed the federal government setting standards. You answered "no". Do you know what the word "opposed" means?

Have you ever actually read the U.S. Constitution? You should go straight to Article I Section 8, read it, then come back and tell us why you oppose the Congress exercising its Constitutionally delegated authority.

No. The first question asked if I was opposed. The second one didn't.

Again, I understand the Constitution just fine. I don't get why people like you and JakeStarkey seem to think that I can't disagree with things.

Tell us why you oppose the Congress exercising its Constitutionally delegated authority to set standards and measures.

How about instead of me answering all the questions all day long, you tell me why you are so in favor of it?

tell us who wrote the bill?

give us a list of the people who voted that day and their party affliation?

tell us how well known that section of the bill was?

Was that part of what it was sold to the house on?

tell us who wrote the bill?

give us a list of the people who voted that day and their party affliation?

tell us how well known that section of the bill was?

Was that part of what it was sold to the house on?

Do you really think there were 410 right wing reps in the House the day they voted?

Do you really think the Senate was unanimously right wing the day they voted?

Come on, even YOU can't be that stupid.

National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cumberland Road (National Road) was the first major improved highway in the United States to be built by the federal government. The approximately 620-mile (1,000 km) long National Road provided a connection between the Potomac and Ohio Rivers and a gateway to the West for thousands of settlers. When rebuilt in the 1830s, the Cumberland Road became the first road in the U.S. to use the new macadam road surfacing.[1]

No. The first question asked if I was opposed. The second one didn't.

Again, I understand the Constitution just fine. I don't get why people like you and JakeStarkey seem to think that I can't disagree with things.

Tell us why you oppose the Congress exercising its Constitutionally delegated authority to set standards and measures.

How about instead of me answering all the questions all day long, you tell me why you are so in favor of it?

Because a uniform standard of weights and measures is necessary for a healthy economy. It would be very confusing for business and consumers alike if a pound of bacon in Arkansas was 2 pounds in New Hampshire and 0.3 pounds in Illinois and downright dangerous if a 3 inch gear in Birmingham was a 3.4 inch gear in Vermont.

Seems kinda obvious. Its also universally agreed upon by lefties and righties to be a necessary function of government. You are quite the fringe lunatic.

When do you take civics class? Soon I hope.

Last edited:
So you are opposed to the federal government building roads or issuing patents or setting standards of measurement or exercising legislative control over the District of Columbia.

Got it

If the government can build roads, it can regulate cow farts too. It makes sense that once the government regulates something, it's proper function is to regulate everything. If the government can regulate that a product that claims to be 16 oz really is 16 oz, it can tell you not to drink that 16 oz. See how that works?

I wasn't talking to you.

Tough shit isn't it?

National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Cumberland Road (National Road) was the first major improved highway in the United States to be built by the federal government. The approximately 620-mile (1,000 km) long National Road provided a connection between the Potomac and Ohio Rivers and a gateway to the West for thousands of settlers. When rebuilt in the 1830s, the Cumberland Road became the first road in the U.S. to use the new macadam road surfacing.[1]

Gotta get down to the Cumberland mine!

Markets will regulate themselves. You are making an appeal to probability saying that because something could happen it will happen and that my friend is a logical fallacy.

James Madison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

President of the United States (1809–1817)

was Madison anti constitution?

Considering he was the main author, probably not. He would certainly be mad as fuck to see how modern day politicians completely ignore the document. Which is enjoyable because you and others keeps spouting off about the Constitution but don’t seem to give a fuck when it is ignored by your preferred partisan hack?

The National Road - Back in Time - Highway History - FHWA

Back in Time

The National Road

By Rickie Longfellow

The National Road, in many places known as Route 40, was built between 1811 and 1834 to reach the western settlements. It was the first federally funded road in U.S. history. George Washington and Thomas Jefferson believed that a trans-Appalachian road was necessary for unifying the young country. In 1806 Congress authorized construction of the road and President Jefferson signed the act establishing the National Road. It would connect Cumberland, Maryland to the Ohio River.

In 1811 the first contract was awarded and the first 10 miles of road built. By 1818 the road was completed to Wheeling and mail coaches began using the road. By the 1830s the federal government conveyed part of the road's responsibility to the states through which it runs. Tollgates and tollhouses were then built by the states, with the federal government taking responsibility for road repairs.

were Washington and Jefferson anti constitution?

James Madison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

President of the United States (1809–1817)

was Madison anti constitution?

Considering he was the main author, probably not. He would certainly be mad as fuck to see how modern day politicians completely ignore the document. Which is enjoyable because you and others keeps spouting off about the Constitution but don’t seem to give a fuck when it is ignored by your preferred partisan hack?

He was FOR federal roads you silly git

face that you have been manipulated by people who dont want you to know history.

Forum List

Back