Tobacco vs marijuana: Full court press of insanity and hypocrisy.

Mitch "the bitch" McConnell is adopting one of the liberals' pet projects, calling for a nationwide minimum smoking age hike to 21 years old.

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry. Meanwhile, legal marijuana is becoming more and more prevalent. I have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws. Step by step, liberals trying to turn us into a baked out nation. First they stop enforcing the marijuana laws, then they "decriminalize" possession for personal use, and eventually they outright legalize it. And that is the ultimate goal--to legalize marijuana across the country.

How can anyone justify this hypocrisy?

The only hypocrisy is that it is legal to get drunk in your living room but according to the Fed Govt it is illegal to get stoned in your living room.

You control freaks never whine about us being a blasted drunk nation.

LefTard Logic:
“We legalized alcohol so we’re obligated to legalize heroin.”
Fuck it, keep dumping whatever we can on this fucked up society full of filth...just keep the degenerate lowlifes out of my bank account.

Mitch "the bitch" McConnell is adopting one of the liberals' pet projects, calling for a nationwide minimum smoking age hike to 21 years old.

Democrats have been pushing for this for years, as part of their broader goal to eliminate the tobacco industry. Meanwhile, legal marijuana is becoming more and more prevalent. I have yet to see a minimum age requirement for new recreational marijuana laws. Step by step, liberals trying to turn us into a baked out nation. First they stop enforcing the marijuana laws, then they "decriminalize" possession for personal use, and eventually they outright legalize it. And that is the ultimate goal--to legalize marijuana across the country.

The only hypocrisy is that it is legal to get drunk in your living room but according to the Fed Govt it is illegal to get stoned in your living room.

LefTard Logic:
Fuck it, keep dumping whatever we can on this fucked up society full of filth...just keep the degenerate lowlifes out of my bank account.

Poor little control freak BL wants the government to tell everyone how to live their lives...

LefTard Logic:

Poor little control freak BL wants the government to tell everyone how to live their lives...

Nope...just the filthy fucks on the tit.

LefTard Logic:

Ummmmmm nnnnnnnnnno Dippy, No one said anything about "heroin". Heroin is a drug. This thread was supposedly about cannabis.

Second, we didn't "legalize alcohol" --- we illegalized it. Or rather the hyperconservative Temperance Movement did. And that turned out to be a stupid idea so Liberalism stepped in and un-illegalized it.

Then the control freaks who didn't have alcohol to kick around any more pounced on cannabis instead, contriving it as the stuff of "undesirables" like blacks, and Hispanics. Told the public it would lead to horrendous scandals like black and white people fraternizing and :eek: listening to jazz. Well we can't have that, gotta pro-tect the white women, and after five thousand years of humans using an innocuous plant the fascists banned it.

And here we are.

When Prohibition went in alcohol flowed through organized crime and backyard stills. Demand created big underground business, with attendant lawlessness and corruption. That's a major reason we put it back on the shelf.

You'd think we would have learned from that lesson. You'd think, but you'd be wrong.

LefTard Logic:

Not legalize, decriminalize. Distinction with a difference.

LefTard Logic:

As far as I know, nobody wants to legalize heroin. Everyone knows how dangerous that drug is.

However..................we ARE saying to legalize marijuana.

As far as which smoke is better for you? Well, a little personal experience from my own life.........................

When I retired out of the Navy, I was still addicted to cigarettes. A couple of months after I retired, I started smoking marijuana as well, and smoked both for a couple of years.

Then, I decided to get back into shape and start riding my bike. I noticed that my wind was way down due to smoking cigarettes (roughly a pack a day), so I decided to quit cigarettes, but continued to smoke marijuana. A couple of months later after quitting the cigarettes, I noticed that my O2 uptake was getting better and I was happy about that. Marijuana seems to have had zero to little effect on my O2 uptake, because at my last physical I tested at 98 percent for my lungs, and for a 54 year old man, that ain't bad at all.

And remember...................while a person might inhale cannabis differently than the way cigarettes are smoked, because marijuana smoke is held in whereas cigarettes are inhaled, then immediately exhaled. The amount of smoke that a person might get in one day from marijuana is SIGNIFICANTLY less than a person who smokes a pack or more a day. Most marijuana smokers that I know only go through 1 - 3 joints/day. Most cigarette smokers that I know are anywhere from 1 - 2 packs per day. 1 - 3 joints vs. 20 to 40 cigarettes per day.

Nope, I'd say that cigarettes were more dangerous than marijuana.

/—-/ The test will come when a guy is busted for creating second hand cigarette smoke in the park while the pot smokers puff away.

Forum List

Back