Today's GM Recall Brings The Total Number Of Recalled Cars Above 25 Million

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008

Read more: GM Recall Cumulative Chart - Business Insider

New recall of cars today: 8 million vehicles, many go back to 1997.

details here: (scroll)

GM announces giant new recall - CBS News

If you have beaters or cars the kids are driving you might want to check the list for todays recall. :doubt:

The number of cars affected by the same issue is astounding.

CaféAuLait;9362114 said:

If you have beaters or cars the kids are driving you might want to check the list for todays recall. :doubt:

Government workers....who knew!:lol:

The only American car I've ever owned was a GM a bunch of years ago. It was so bad I went back to primarily German imports with a couple of Japanese for the bride now and then.

I do like the looks of a couple of Fords and have driven them as rentals and they were nice. One, the Fusion, was a very fine car.

I talked to a GM owner recently who said his other car is a tow truck.

CaféAuLait;9362114 said:

That means the bailout subsidizes GM $1000 for every car recalled. Gotta love that government takeover.

Nontheless, GM had a great June, led, of course by fleet sales. Mechanics in the Govt. motor pool are pissed!

Union workers. 'Nuff said.

Not quite....GOVERNMENT union workers.....

Why do you continue bashing American workers? You a Canadian?

I cherish and value GOOD American workers. I can't stand UAW workers because they produce inferior products. My Toyota Sienna was made by NON UNION workers here in Indiana IIRC, and after 230,000 miles it is still running stronger than ever.

The only American car I still own is my original GT-40 MKII which IS a fantastic vehicle. 'Course it was built back in the '60's when the workers still cared about quality.

I cherish and value GOOD American workers. I can't stand UAW workers because they produce inferior products. My Toyota Sienna was made by NON UNION workers here in Indiana IIRC, and after 230,000 miles it is still running stronger than ever.

The only American car I still own is my original GT-40 MKII which IS a fantastic vehicle. 'Course it was built back in the '60's when the workers still cared about quality.

You say UAW workers produce inferior products.

Do you think the UAW workers design the products, specify the materials and set the speed of the production line?

If so, what the hell do you think management does? A little thought would help.

Auto workers don't produce any products. They assemble parts to make a product. If the doors don't fall off, then it's not the worker fault that something doesn't work correct. Bashing the American auto worker because there's a fault in engineering or design is WRONG.

Goggled 'Toyota Sienna recalls'.....WOW! And all have nothing to do with autoworkers.

You say UAW workers produce inferior products.

Do you think the UAW workers design the products, specify the materials and set the speed of the production line?

If so, what the hell do you think management does? A little thought would help.

westwall must be pro corporations and down on workers.

Forum List

Back