Top 20% of households pay vast majority of income taxes

Nonsense.

Nonsense? How many of the bottom income people, produce jobs? How many poor people have offered you full time jobs? Do tell. I can't wait to see your statistical numbers of how many poor people create long-term jobs in the country.

Jobs are created to meet demand. Demand comes from consumers.
There aren't wal marts all over the country because of rich people.

But it was the "rich people" who developed, financed and executed on the WalMart premise. If it were easy then anyone could do it.

Sure, because it's profitable. A good investment and only because there were and are consumers demanding what they offer. It's the bulk of America that makes our economy work. Not rich people.

Investment only makes up 15% of GDP.
Consumer spending is 70%.

Yet Sears failed. Sometimes "rich people" make mistakes. Consumers have a plethora of options. The key is to build the best mousetrap.

I agree. Opportunities come and go. Change is good. One thing stays the same though.
The poor make the rich, rich. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. My beef is giving the rich all the credit.

Nonsense? How many of the bottom income people, produce jobs? How many poor people have offered you full time jobs? Do tell. I can't wait to see your statistical numbers of how many poor people create long-term jobs in the country.

But it was the "rich people" who developed, financed and executed on the WalMart premise. If it were easy then anyone could do it.

Sure, because it's profitable. A good investment and only because there were and are consumers demanding what they offer. It's the bulk of America that makes our economy work. Not rich people.

Yet Sears failed. Sometimes "rich people" make mistakes. Consumers have a plethora of options. The key is to build the best mousetrap.

I agree. Opportunities come and go. Change is good. One thing stays the same though.
The poor make the rich, rich. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. My beef is giving the rich all the credit.

I disagree, respectfully. Hard work and taking risks make the rich, rich. It took Bezos a lot of sweat equity, desire and strategy to build Amazon. People buy products they need but he made sure that he could procure them easier and cheaper for them. Rich, middle class and poor all buy from Amazon. Instead of taxing Bezos at 70% we should be thanking him for employing 1000s and for his innovation.

Nonsense.

I suspect that for every success there are usually several failures.

That is why it is called risk.

It is despicable that people put up their money and take risk to create jobs and then the friggin oppressive government takes a good size portion of the profits and then gives the money to worthless welfare queens and Illegals.

It is despicable that people put up their money and take risk to create jobs and then the friggin oppressive government takes a good size portion of the profits and then gives the money to worthless welfare queens and Illegals.

It is also unfair to say that poor people made the rich, rich. Bezos, Gates, Cuban, Buffett, didn't steal money from the poor to make themselves rich.

I disagree, respectfully. Hard work and taking risks make the rich, rich. It took Bezos a lot of sweat equity, desire and strategy to build Amazon. People buy products they need but he made sure that he could procure them easier and cheaper for them. Rich, middle class and poor all buy from Amazon. Instead of taxing Bezos at 70% we should be thanking him for employing 1000s and for his innovation.

Don't thank him too much.

Data from states shows thousands of Amazon employees are on food stamps

It is also unfair to say that poor people made the rich, rich. Bezos, Gates, Cuban, Buffett, didn't steal money from the poor to make themselves rich.

I never said they did.

These people don't have to work for Amazon. They choose to and the Gov't is stupid enough to give them foodstamps on top of it. Have them leave and work elsewhere, which will force Amazon to raise wages.

I never said they did.

It was your quote:

"The poor make the rich, rich."

YOU LITERALLY SAID THE POOR MAKE THE RICH, RICH. Now you're saying you never said that?!?!?!?!?!

These people don't have to work for Amazon. They choose to and the Gov't is stupid enough to give them foodstamps on top of it. Have them leave and work elsewhere, which will force Amazon to raise wages.

But they're "job creators". No?

YOU LITERALLY SAID THE POOR MAKE THE RICH, RICH. Now you're saying you never said that?!?!?!?!?!

I never said they stole from the poor. That was your characterization.

But they're "job creators". No?

Yes. There are many who work for Amazon that are not on foodstamps as well. Amazon is the second-largest private employer in the United States (541,900 employees). 1,800 people on FS. Less than 1%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never said they did.

It was your quote:

And this was your quote..

I quoted you. You said the poor make the rich, rich? Are you OK?

I never said they did.

It was your quote:

Yes, and I never said I didn't say it. If they didn't steal it then how did the poor make the rich, rich?

I quoted you. You said the poor make the rich, rich? Are you OK?

Show me where I said anyone stole from them, dope.

It was your quote:

I don't have a problem with that quote. It's partially true, at the very least. Every person who spends money helps to make the rich rich. Every time we make a purchasing decision we're deciding who we want to be rich. That's why I don't have a problem with income inequality in and of itself. It's only a problem when people are using coercion to acquire wealth (either through fraud and theft, or via manipulating laws).

I never said they did.

It was your quote:

Yes, and I never said I didn't say it. If they didn't steal it then how did the poor make the rich, rich?
Because they spend money with them, dope.

Forum List

Back