"Trade War"? Nope.

If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

file-20181203-194956-1eg1364.jpg

Trump is a senile moron and he can shove it. And you are a useless Trumpbot who spews forth nonsense without a shred of unbiased, factual evidence to back it up.

Both the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and almost all of Wall Street think Trump's tariffs are nuts.

Tariffs are the Wrong Approach

Hell...Trump does not even know what a tariff is.

Fox News Turns On Trump And Shatters His Lie That China Pays Tariffs

And I doubt you know either.

Trump is a dufus...a senile, ignorant dufus who is a loser who owes everything he has to his rich daddy (whom he cannot even remember where he was born).

Last edited:
If this was a war, we'd be eating chop suey, wearing caps with a red star instead of MAGA, and banging a gong at some temple. What's going on now is a negotiation and for the first time, we have a leader who's used to winning those. There is a globalist lobbying outfit called the "Trade Partnership" bandying about wild figures about how America will be "hurt" by tariffing China.....and it's bullshit. Larry Kudlow says the govt. group who knows what it's doing says the cost to American consumers is nowhere near what these clowns are saying and the Fake News rodents are eating with a spoon. Bottom line? Trump is trying to disrupt and move the world supply chain from China into SE Asia and Indonesia...that will break China's back. So try to remember you're an American, stand behind your president, and understand a tiny ouch now will result in orgasmic ecstasy down the road in an even hotter economy all around you.
default_yes.gif

file-20181203-194956-1eg1364.jpg

Trump is a senile moron and he can shove it. And you are a useless Trumpbot who spews forth nonsense without a shred of unbiased, factual evidence to back it up.

Both the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and almost all of Wall Street think Trump's tariffs are nuts.

Hell...the dumbass does not even know what a tariff is.

Fox News Turns On Trump And Shatters His Lie That China Pays Tariffs

Trumpis is a dufus...a senile, ignorant dufus.

And all of Wall Street said a crash day 1 of a Trump presidency.

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.
All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

Pretty optimistic there, Creep. Likely closer to 60 months I think. The reason why we're in this problem NOW is because past presidents have been afraid to fix the trade imbalance! As usual, your estimates of what we will "lose" are short sighted------ like ripping a bandaid off, it hurts at first, but the goal is not permanent tariffs, the goal is to hose up trade bad enough, long enough that China agrees to fair trade---- for BOTH sides. They need to export their stuff about 7X more according to an economic expert I heard more than we need to export ours. We may suffer a bit but Trump's tariffs are gonna KILL China!
Lol, no. The trade imbalance isn't what you kids seem to think it is, and "fixing" it won't really do much of anything. Meanwhile tariffs on imported goods are paid by the importers, not the exporters. That's Americans in case you weren't aware, and they simply pass the cost to you and me, the consumers.

China is paying for the tariffs just like Mexico is paying for the wall.

That is to say "not at all".
/—-/ So your solution is to do what?

Complain.
Go for it.

I could use a good laugh.

Trump is doing what he does best: driving everything he controls into bankruptcy. His brainless tax cuts for the wealthy combined with increased federal spending are quickly driving the Federal government to default on it's debt.

Once that happens every institution worldwide that depends on the U.S. dollar will collapse. The U.S. economy will collapse.

The U.S. dollar will no longer be the world currency standard. It will be replaced by the Ruble or Yuan. It will be the end of the U.S. as a world power.

This is what Putin has been planning. This is why Putin chose to support Trump - the all time worst businessman in American history.

Don't worry about the Chinese, worry about the U.S. government debt.

All they need to do is Stonewall for 18 months or so. The next president will.be smart enough not to try to fight a trade war everyone concerned will lose.

Pretty optimistic there, Creep. Likely closer to 60 months I think. The reason why we're in this problem NOW is because past presidents have been afraid to fix the trade imbalance! As usual, your estimates of what we will "lose" are short sighted------ like ripping a bandaid off, it hurts at first, but the goal is not permanent tariffs, the goal is to hose up trade bad enough, long enough that China agrees to fair trade---- for BOTH sides. They need to export their stuff about 7X more according to an economic expert I heard more than we need to export ours. We may suffer a bit but Trump's tariffs are gonna KILL China!
Lol, no. The trade imbalance isn't what you kids seem to think it is, and "fixing" it won't really do much of anything. Meanwhile tariffs on imported goods are paid by the importers, not the exporters. That's Americans in case you weren't aware, and they simply pass the cost to you and me, the consumers.

China is paying for the tariffs just like Mexico is paying for the wall.

That is to say "not at all".
/—-/ So your solution is to do what?

Complain.
Someone should write a letter!
He probably already did.

Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

We will never understand the oriental mind....a year in Vietnam convinced me of that. If this was a "war", we'd have already painted our asses white and run with the antelopes. This is grinding....China can't face 25% tariffs for long, especially on another $300B in goods. They've already hit us with their best shot...we spit a tooth, laughed, and came back at them. China is so over-leveraged they're only a major disruption away from collapse...don't care if you believe that...people smarter than me and obviously smarter that you agree. Trump is giving them enough rope to hang themselves....and they will.

That is China’s only hope, for a Dem to be elected who will happily go back to bending over for China. I wonder how much China is going to interfere in this next election. Probably even more than they did in the 1990’s when they paid the Clintons millions.
Lol, nobody has been "bending over" for china. Get outta yer echo chamber and look around.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree.
China has been bending over for everybody else. But not for free. When you go to Walmart and buy that Waring blender you're not paying for it with your money you're paying for it with your job. When Trump says the Chinese are paying billions in to the system to sell goods here he doesn't mean they're cutting a check and sending it to the department of commerce....the tariffs are remitted via sales tax and yes it is fresh Fiat that ultimately sources from the original transaction on the Chinese mainland.

Trump is absolutely right about being pro active...the real question is not about the Chinese...the real question is just how badly addicted are we to cheap Chinese labor? Own a smart phone? Well then you are also an American Imperialist buyer of financial opium.

Jo
Ok, now explain how tariffs are related to sales tax (other than obviously effecting the final price) and how sales taxes, which are state levied, have any effect on china?

Winning a trade war doesn’t mean others conform to your lifestyle. Winning a trade war is done by underwriting the lifestyle of the other side without them either knowing or caring. Look at Wal*Mart’s revenues for exhibit A.

That is China’s only hope, for a Dem to be elected who will happily go back to bending over for China. I wonder how much China is going to interfere in this next election. Probably even more than they did in the 1990’s when they paid the Clintons millions.
Lol, nobody has been "bending over" for china. Get outta yer echo chamber and look around.

China has been bending over for everybody else. But not for free. When you go to Walmart and buy that Waring blender you're not paying for it with your money you're paying for it with your job. When Trump says the Chinese are paying billions in to the system to sell goods here he doesn't mean they're cutting a check and sending it to the department of commerce....the tariffs are remitted via sales tax and yes it is fresh Fiat that ultimately sources from the original transaction on the Chinese mainland.

Trump is absolutely right about being pro active...the real question is not about the Chinese...the real question is just how badly addicted are we to cheap Chinese labor? Own a smart phone? Well then you are also an American Imperialist buyer of financial opium.

Jo

Wouldn’t that go for all stuff made in China?

Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

Got to have a billion to lose a billion, right? That was 25 years ago, ya old goat....he's got $7B, (a little over $4B according to Forbes if he cashed out) and he's President and Hillary ain't. He's a winner whether you dingbats like him or not...why not be a good American and back him on this?
Come on will He's a nasty mean SOB who has failed at more that he's shown success And he'll fight to the last drop of YOUR blood As far as his tariff war goes He's cost me a ton but China has got to get to know their place

Used to winning ? 6 bankrupt companies loses a billion or so of OPM and writes it off and now no more meetings in sight Art of the deal ?? lol

Got to have a billion to lose a billion, right? That was 25 years ago, ya old goat....he's got $7B, (a little over $4B according to Forbes if he cashed out) and he's President and Hillary ain't. He's a winner whether you dingbats like him or not...why not be a good American and back him on this?
Will it was OPM Trump was always a con man No change now You know what he did with stocks ?? Told reporters he was buying companies Stock went up and he sold Never had enough money to buy a company

Jo
Ok, now explain how tariffs are related to sales tax (other than obviously effecting the final price) and how sales taxes, which are state levied, have any effect on china?

The Tariffs are not collected in state they are collected at 328 ports of entry by customs who then remits to the treasury department.
Yes the states will also benefit from the higher shelf price...and you are correct in assuming that China is essentially insulated from that process. But the commerce department adds that loss number into it's final calculations. China will only feel the pain when the Tariff increases the shelf cost to the point where the consumer begins to make other choices which may take some time.

Let's say you're at Harbor freight and you want an impact wrench. The Makita ( still partially Chinese) is $169.00 and the Black and Decker ( practically all Chinese ) that used to be $79.00 is now ( tariff ) $109.00...
You're closer to buying the higher quality tool....but still may buy the B and D. Either way the US wins....because the Treasury has taken the potential difference up front.

This is an extremely simplified version btw

Jo

Jo

Well yeah this thing is goddamed huge.

Jo

Jo

Bingo. This is all about companies using Chinese virtual slave labor.

The question is, should we keep using it, and keep rewarding China for human rights abuses and environmental abuses? Dems seem pretty keen on doing so. So do old GOPers for that matter, but at least most are coming around to President Trump’s view that we shouldn’t.

Jo

Well yeah this thing is goddamed huge.

Jo

So that’s a yes?

Jo

The question is, should we keep using it, and keep rewarding China for human rights abuses and environmental abuses? Dems seem pretty keen on doing so. So do old GOPers for that matter,

So do current GOP'ers

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 5.07.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 5.07.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 5.07.36 PM.png

Jo

The question is, should we keep using it, and keep rewarding China for human rights abuses and environmental abuses? Dems seem pretty keen on doing so. So do old GOPers for that matter,

So do current GOP'ers

View attachment 260597 View attachment 260598 View attachment 260599

The Trumps use Chinese labor because our trade laws make it necessary.
So pointing out they have used Chinese labor doesn’t change the argument at all. The fact that his companies have used it and he is still pushing for tariffs and to bring back manufacturing proves he is willing to do things that benefit the country over his personal benefit.

Jo

So do current GOP'ers

Lie. Numerous goods are made in the USA.

So pointing out they have used Chinese labor doesn’t change the argument at all.
I don’t think it does.

I think it makes him an opium dealer as justoffal put it.

Obama was a very easy man to get along with:

My uncle was a Marine in WW2....got as far as Saipan where he got hit and sent home. If he'd seen an American president BOW to a Jap, he'd have dug himself out of his grave and headed for Barry by any means possible.....what an embarrassment that clown was.

How would your uncle have felt about an American President saluting a enemy general?

Last edited:

Jo

The question is, should we keep using it, and keep rewarding China for human rights abuses and environmental abuses? Dems seem pretty keen on doing so. So do old GOPers for that matter, but at least most are coming around to President Trump’s view that we shouldn’t.
The big corporations are the biggest benefactors and I the don't want to stop. That why they will not cooperate or sometimes even bother reporting theft of intellectual property and it her violations.

The cheap labor gravy train might stop of they did.

Jo

So do current GOP'ers

So pointing out they have used Chinese labor doesn’t change the argument at all. The fact that his companies have used it and he is still pushing for tariffs and to bring back manufacturing proves he is willing to do things that benefit the country over his personal benefit.
Lol, no. It's not "necessary". It's his choice because it makes for higher profit margins. Don't try to act like he's some.sorta martyr forced to do it because of outside influence.

Forum List

Back