Trump-$1.2 Billion In Core Business Losses

The Art of Losing.
Oct31-Nov13_2016_Trump.w330.h412.jpg

Decade in the Red: Trump Tax Figures Show Over $1 Billion in Business Losses

"In fact, year after year, Mr. Trump appears to have lost more money than nearly any other individual American taxpayer,

"The Times found when it compared his results with detailed information the I.R.S. compiles on an annual sampling of high-income earners.

"His core business losses in 1990 and 1991 — more than $250 million each year — were more than double those of the nearest taxpayers in the I.R.S. information for those years."
Notice how the wording is individual, but GM and Chrysler sure did fuck it up for their employees when they declared bankruptcy and had to be bailed out at the tune of over 35 billions dollars all from the tax payers..Thanks Obama.
Notice how the wording is individual, but GM and Chrysler sure did fuck it up for their employees when they declared bankruptcy and had to be bailed out at the tune of over 35 billions dollars all from the tax payers..Thanks Obama.
Obama or Bush or Both?

Effects of the 2008–10 automotive industry crisis on the United States - Wikipedia

"On December 19, George W. Bush announced that he had approved the bailout plan, which would give loans of $17.4 billion to U.S. automakers GM and Chrysler, stating that under present economic conditions, 'allowing the U.S. auto industry to collapse is not a responsible course of action.'[80]

"Bush provided $13.4 billion now, with another $4 billion available in February 2009. Funds would be made available from the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.[81]General Motors would get $9.4 billion, and Chrysler $4 billion."

Everyone knows Trump had failed businesses. You probably don't know this but to be successful in just about anything, you will have failures.
Losing over a billion over ten years.

I can't believe you assfucks are defending that.

Soros lost a billion in a few weeks. Just part of the game that the rich play.
It is one thing to lose money
Economics is a difficult subject for the Left Wingers to understand.
Clinton had a Dem house and senate in his first two years.
Their brilliant idea was to lower the mortgage lending standards for the low class trash Democrat Voters.
Clinton threatened to fine banks if they didn't make those bad loans.
The real estate bubble didn't happen over night, it took years for it to grow.
Thank me for your free economic lesson.

The CRA was passed under Carter you stupid fuck.

You don't know shit about economics.

In 1995 Clinton loosened up the housing rule and rewrote the CRA , which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods.

The CRA had nothing to do with the housing collapse & near financial meltdown.

So a law passed in 1977 sat silently in hiding & then leaped & pounced in 2006 - 2008 & created the worst recession in 80 years.

Great thinking.

Studies show the the percent of failed CRA loans among all mortgage loans during the collapse was no different from the percent of all mortgages that were CRA.

Seriously? LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

What a
giphy.gif

No wonder he wanted them hidden.
Again, dumbasses like you are calling one of the most successful Presidents in our history, despite facing a failed coup attempt, a 'loser'... Simply because the most criminal bitch in US history lost the 2016 election.

Bwuhahahahahaha....
Successful at what? Not completely fucking up the Obama Economy?

The NYT got hold of “transcripts” from Trump’s tax returns from the late 80’s and early 90’s.

He lost a shit ton of money. A top money loser. One of America’s biggest losers.

This is damning.

These losses at that time are exactly why Trump can NOT obtain financing from US banks.

Trump obtains financing from European, Russian, and Saudi banks.

That should tell everyone all they need to know about the loser.

In 1995 Clinton loosened up the housing rule and rewrote the CRA , which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods.

So a law passed in 1977 sat silently in hiding & then leaped & pounced in 2006 - 2008 & created the worst recession in 80 years.

Great thinking.

Studies show the the percent of failed CRA loans among all mortgage loans during the collapse was no different from the percent of all mortgages that were CRA.

I know it is really funny. A law in 1977 did not create any problems until 20905/06. And then it leaped from its hiding place & devoured our nation like a leopard on a rabbit.

Yet this is what you posted.

Littledick Donnie?

"I lose money on every deal but make up for it with volume."

"These aren't real loses, this is just what I claimed to avoid paying taxes"

Great thinking.

I know it is really funny. A law in 1977 did not create any problems until 20905/06. And then it leaped from its hiding place & devoured our nation like a leopard on a rabbit.

Yet this is what you posted.

Learn before you speak, I have spoke about this on several threads and you are so wrong that it isn't funny. If you want to start a thread on it fine with me. That isn't what this thread is about.

Forcing banks to write crappy mortgages is never a good idea.
Forcing Fannie and Freddie to buy the crappy mortgages is even worse.
The Dem politicians made millions off of the Real Estate bubble.
That would be rich people. Everyone else was doing great thanks to the booming Clinton economy.

2001 a month after Bush entered office, the recession of 2001 took place, that was the Clinton economy. It hurt not only the rich but many others.
What was the economic policy that caused that? Because the tax cuts ended up slowing the economy for jobs, to go along with the housing crisis.

The Tech Stock bubble burst about 5 months before the election and that was what caused the first recession during Bush.
Bill Clinton was taking credit for the Stock Market rise, until it fell.
The second recession under Bush was caused by the Real Estate Bubble that the Dem policies caused.

Those evil Democrats did it in minority positions in both houses & Bush in the White House.

Their brilliant idea was to lower the mortgage lending standards for the low class trash Democrat Voters.
Oh? Please post the bill number Clinton and the Democrat-led 103rd Congress passed to lower those mortgage standards...

Great thinking.

Yeah, seriously. It wasn’t the CRA as much as you desperately want to scapegoat low income people wanting a piece of the American dream. The fault is ALL with the banks that mixed good loans with bad. (1 ecoli lettuce among the good ones)

I know I'm richer because of Donald J. Trump.

Are you rich? If not, you might want to wait until your retirement before you decide that. How much will your middle class taxes be in a few years? We will have to make up for the Trump tax breaks to the rich and our tax breaks will have expired. So maybe right now you feel richer, but just wait.

Cost of medicare will be much higher because of Republican cuts to the program.

Same for Social security. How much is he going to cut your social security to pay for those tax breaks to corporations?

Are you rich? If not then you don't know what you are saying.

I make over $100K and I have no bills. My condo is paid off and I have a lease payment so my bills are maybe $1000 a month. That's $12K a year in bills. I'm saving my ass off because I know these cuts are coming.

Hell how many people I know thought their retirement age was 65 and just recently they found out Reagan in the 80's raised it to 67 for people their age. He too had to make up for the cuts he gave rich people and corporations. So he raised our retirement age to 67. And you went along with it. In fact you voted for it. And now you are doing it again. Now it will be 70.

How old are you? How rich are you? Are you a greedy rich guy or a dumb middle class person?

I am rich compared to 90% of you and still I can't get myself to vote GOP so I want to know why you people do it. This is a question for every Republicans who reads this post. What do you do and how much are you saving?

We will have to make up for the Trump tax breaks to the rich and our tax breaks will have expired.

Pelosi and AOC haven't produced a bill to make the middle class tax cuts permanent? Weird.

Hell how many people I know thought their retirement age was 65 and just recently they found out Reagan in the 80's raised it to 67 for people their age.

Darn that Reagan, sneaking in that change in 1983 and not telling your moron friends.

Funny how the Dems aren't upset with Pelosi or AOC for not raising the minimum wage, for not making the middle class tax cuts permanent. They seem content just to try to secure the 2020 elections. Like I have said, party over country.

Ha ha. What an idiot you are.

The federal minimum wage was last raised on July 24, 2009

Democrats didn't think anyone needed a tax cut. We need to build infrastructure and strengthen social security. A program you no doubt are going to heavily rely on.

The Minimum Wage has nothing to do with the Middle Class. Even if the minimum wages was more than doubled to $15, the recipients wouldn't be "middle class" People who only earn $15 an hour are scraping by and can't afford school tuition and orthodontic bills, the mainstays of Middle Class Financial life.
Which is why Republicans were right when the unemployment rate with Obama was so low, thanks to the stimulus that Trump takes credit for in his own historic unemployment lows, wages continue to be flat. Which is why people can't afford tuition and orthodontic bills. Unfortunately, as Republicans stated in the past with Obama, many of the jobs associated with the unemployment lows were minimum wage jobs. Are you fixing that problem with tax cuts to the wealthy? Obviously not. You yourself are telling us that people can't afford Orthodontic and school tuition and you are right. So, tell us how tax cuts going to the wealthy fixes that? Answer, it doesn't, and it has not. And that's reality.

read it slowly, did I say CRA?

Clinton rewrote the CRA and that in turn put pressure on lending institution to make the loans to unqualified buyers.
No he did not.

You are wrong about the CRA,. Are you stupid or lying.

The CRA said banks needed to use a percentage of their profits to help those in their neighborhood who could not meet the going standards for a mortgage. Banks could lower the interest rates or reduce the down payment, but the borrowers STILL HAD TO SHOW THEY COULD MAKE THESE REDUCED PAYMENTS.

They were then QUALIFIED under thse4 new terms.

Quit lying. Quit pretend to be an expert on economivcs. And please,-get a fucking education./

I am done showing you any respect. Here are a couple links to reputable sites explaining what happened under Clinton with the CRA. If you don't understand what it all means have a seven year old sit down with you and explain it to you. If you have trouble understanding that, we can have Tommy come and hit you over the head with a tack hammer.

Now, you get a fucking education, you asshole!

Community Reinvestment Act of 1977 | Federal Reserve History

In 1993, President Clinton directed regulators to review and revise the regulation to address concerns about the perceived costs of compliance and its emphasis on process over outcomes. The new CRA rule, adopted in 1995, streamlined the review process for small banks (assets under $250 million) and established new criteria to assess performance in lending, investments, and services in LMI communities. Other legislative and regulatory changes also have been enacted over the years.

25 People to Blame for the Financial Crisis - TIME

He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods.
What a pity you don't understand your own links...

Following the financial crisis of 2007-08, some critics of the CRA argued it had contributed to the mortgage crisis by encouraging banks to make loans to riskier borrowers. There is some evidence that CRA lending standards were relaxed in the mid-1990s; however, the bulk of defaulted mortgages during the foreclosure crisis were originated between 2004 and 2007. In addition, many of those loans were issued by mortgage lenders not subject to the CRA. Overall, the available evidence suggests the CRA was not responsible for the subprime crisis (Haltom 2010).

Are you rich? If not, you might want to wait until your retirement before you decide that. How much will your middle class taxes be in a few years? We will have to make up for the Trump tax breaks to the rich and our tax breaks will have expired. So maybe right now you feel richer, but just wait.

Cost of medicare will be much higher because of Republican cuts to the program.

Same for Social security. How much is he going to cut your social security to pay for those tax breaks to corporations?

Are you rich? If not then you don't know what you are saying.

I make over $100K and I have no bills. My condo is paid off and I have a lease payment so my bills are maybe $1000 a month. That's $12K a year in bills. I'm saving my ass off because I know these cuts are coming.

Hell how many people I know thought their retirement age was 65 and just recently they found out Reagan in the 80's raised it to 67 for people their age. He too had to make up for the cuts he gave rich people and corporations. So he raised our retirement age to 67. And you went along with it. In fact you voted for it. And now you are doing it again. Now it will be 70.

How old are you? How rich are you? Are you a greedy rich guy or a dumb middle class person?

I am rich compared to 90% of you and still I can't get myself to vote GOP so I want to know why you people do it. This is a question for every Republicans who reads this post. What do you do and how much are you saving?

We will have to make up for the Trump tax breaks to the rich and our tax breaks will have expired.

Pelosi and AOC haven't produced a bill to make the middle class tax cuts permanent? Weird.

Hell how many people I know thought their retirement age was 65 and just recently they found out Reagan in the 80's raised it to 67 for people their age.

Darn that Reagan, sneaking in that change in 1983 and not telling your moron friends.

Funny how the Dems aren't upset with Pelosi or AOC for not raising the minimum wage, for not making the middle class tax cuts permanent. They seem content just to try to secure the 2020 elections. Like I have said, party over country.

Democrats didn't think anyone needed a tax cut. We need to build infrastructure and strengthen social security. A program you no doubt are going to heavily rely on.

The Minimum Wage has nothing to do with the Middle Class. Even if the minimum wages was more than doubled to $15, the recipients wouldn't be "middle class" People who only earn $15 an hour are scraping by and can't afford school tuition and orthodontic bills, the mainstays of Middle Class Financial life.
Which is why Republicans were right when the unemployment rate with Obama was so low, thanks to the stimulus that Trump takes credit for in his own historic unemployment lows, wages continue to be flat. Which is why people can't afford tuition and orthodontic bills. Unfortunately, as Republicans stated in the past with Obama, many of the jobs associated with the unemployment lows were minimum wage jobs. Are you fixing that problem with tax cuts to the wealthy? Obviously not. You yourself are telling us that people can't afford Orthodontic and school tuition and you are right. So, tell us how tax cuts going to the wealthy fixes that? Answer, it doesn't, and it has not. And that's reality.

No, I said people who earn the Minimum Wage can't afford orthodontics or tuition. They aren't "Middle Class" if they are earning low wages. Middle Class people are still paying tuition and orthodontics bills , schools and orthodontists are still in business and doing fine under Trump.

Great thinking.

Yeah, seriously. It wasn’t the CRA as much as you desperately want to scapegoat low income people wanting a piece of the American dream. The fault is ALL with the banks that mixed good loans with bad. (1 ecoli lettuce among the good ones)
His own link said it wasn't the CRA. The guy is literally arguing with what he himself posts.

:lmao:

Paid no income taxes in 8 out of 10 years?
4by3_banner_opt1_smaller.width-1024.jpg

Narco-a-lago: Money Laundering at the Trump Ocean Club, Panama | Global Witness

What will we discover from his last six years of returns?

A Deal Maker in Financial Distress

Every year from 1985 through 1994, Donald J. Trump reported a negative adjusted gross income on his tax returns. That number grew as new losses were combined with those from prior years. The New York Times previously found that Mr. Trump declared an adjusted gross income in 1995 of negative $915.7 million.

trump-head.png

1987: “I don't do it for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need.”

1990: “It’s been good financially.”

Rich Harris and Andrew Rossback/
The New York Times

About two weeks before the stock market crash of Oct. 19, 1987, he spent $29 million on a 282-foot yacht. Months later he bought the Plaza Hotel for $407 million. He recorded $42.2 million in core business losses for 1987, and $30.4 million for 1988.

In 1989, he bought a shuttle operation from Eastern Airlines for $365 million. It never made a profit, and Mr. Trump would soon pump in more than $7 million a month of his dwindling cash to keep it airborne, New Jersey casino regulators, who closely monitored his finances in those years, found.

Mr. Trump’s business losses that year soared to $181.7 million.

Then came the Trump Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino, which opened in April 1990 saddled with more than $800 million in debt, most at very high interest rates. It did not generate enough revenue to cover that debt, and sucked revenue from his other casinos, Trump’s Castle and Trump Plaza, pulling them deep into the red.

As a result, 1990 and 1991 represented the worst years of the period reviewed by The Times, with combined losses of $517.6 million. And over the next three years, as Mr. Trump turned over properties to his lenders to stave off bankruptcy, his core businesses lost an additional $286.9 million.

The 10-year total: $1.17 billion in losses.
As a result, 1990 and 1991 represented the worst years of the period reviewed by The Times, with combined losses of $517.6 million. And over the next three years, as Mr. Trump turned over properties to his lenders to stave off bankruptcy, his core businesses lost an additional $286.9 million.

"The new information also suggests that Mr. Trump’s 1990 collapse might have struck several years earlier if not for his brief side career posing as a corporate raider.

"From 1986 through 1988, while his core businesses languished under increasingly unsupportable debt, Mr. Trump made millions of dollars in the stock market by suggesting that he was about to take over companies.

"But the figures show that he lost most, if not all, of those gains after investors stopped taking his takeover talk seriously."

Don the Con is the biggest fraud in US History.
You must really hate Warren Buffet.
42f2931513a706607a8f854bde0c4e8d83a44305027ea769d93bb297ddbd8ac7_1.jpg

Why do you worship stupidity?
Lol
And he still kicked the shit out of you progressives...
Lol
Trump is still the King of Losers

"The 10-year total: $1.17 billion in losses.

"Mr. Trump was able to lose all that money without facing the usual consequences — such as a steep drop in his standard of living — in part because most of it belonged to others, to the banks and bond investors who had supplied the cash to fuel his acquisitions.

"And as The Times’s earlier investigation showed, Mr. Trump secretly leaned on his father’s wealth to continue living like a winner and to stage a comeback."

No, I said people who earn the Minimum Wage can't afford orthodontics or tuition. They aren't "Middle Class" if they are earning low wages. Middle Class people are still paying tuition and orthodontics bills , schools and orthodontists are still in business and doing fine under Trump.
People who make above minimum wage are not doing fine with school tuition and orthodontics. That is a mathematical fact.

A Deal Maker in Financial Distress

Every year from 1985 through 1994, Donald J. Trump reported a negative adjusted gross income on his tax returns. That number grew as new losses were combined with those from prior years. The New York Times previously found that Mr. Trump declared an adjusted gross income in 1995 of negative $915.7 million.

trump-head.png

1987: “I don't do it for the money. I’ve got enough, much more than I’ll ever need.”

1990: “It’s been good financially.”

Rich Harris and Andrew Rossback/
The New York Times

About two weeks before the stock market crash of Oct. 19, 1987, he spent $29 million on a 282-foot yacht. Months later he bought the Plaza Hotel for $407 million. He recorded $42.2 million in core business losses for 1987, and $30.4 million for 1988.

In 1989, he bought a shuttle operation from Eastern Airlines for $365 million. It never made a profit, and Mr. Trump would soon pump in more than $7 million a month of his dwindling cash to keep it airborne, New Jersey casino regulators, who closely monitored his finances in those years, found.

Mr. Trump’s business losses that year soared to $181.7 million.

Then came the Trump Taj Mahal Hotel and Casino, which opened in April 1990 saddled with more than $800 million in debt, most at very high interest rates. It did not generate enough revenue to cover that debt, and sucked revenue from his other casinos, Trump’s Castle and Trump Plaza, pulling them deep into the red.

The 10-year total: $1.17 billion in losses.

"The new information also suggests that Mr. Trump’s 1990 collapse might have struck several years earlier if not for his brief side career posing as a corporate raider.

"From 1986 through 1988, while his core businesses languished under increasingly unsupportable debt, Mr. Trump made millions of dollars in the stock market by suggesting that he was about to take over companies.

"But the figures show that he lost most, if not all, of those gains after investors stopped taking his takeover talk seriously."

Don the Con is the biggest fraud in US History.
42f2931513a706607a8f854bde0c4e8d83a44305027ea769d93bb297ddbd8ac7_1.jpg

Why do you worship stupidity?
Lol
Lol
Trump is still the King of Losers

"The 10-year total: $1.17 billion in losses.

"Mr. Trump was able to lose all that money without facing the usual consequences — such as a steep drop in his standard of living — in part because most of it belonged to others, to the banks and bond investors who had supplied the cash to fuel his acquisitions.

"And as The Times’s earlier investigation showed, Mr. Trump secretly leaned on his father’s wealth to continue living like a winner and to stage a comeback."
He blew $415 million dollars of his fathers money. :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:"Businessman!" That's funny as hell. What a bunch of dupes these Trump cultists are.

Forum List

Back