Trump Admin breaks Congressional mandate

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
no rules are honored if you're Trump .

200 stations parrot Trumps "fake news" rhetoric - if you work for Sinclair YOU READ THE SCRIPT !

While Donald Trump spends so much time lying about the national press, it's easy to forget that there's also a longer-term conservative assault against local news stations. Sinclair Broadcast Group, which now owns more than 200 stations across the country, has been obligating anchors to run news segments and opinions pieces designed to push far-right agendas. These segments are presented alongside real news (often forcing stations to cut local reporting), usually with no indication to viewers that what they're seeing wasn't produced by the station. The goal is to force propaganda on audiences that are choosing to not watch Fox News.

What makes this more distressing is that Ajit Pai, the head of the FCC under Trump, has used a loophole to allow Sinclair to reach 72 percent of U.S. homes, up from the Congressionally-mandated cap of 39 percent. So this anti-news propaganda is beaming into three quarters of the country thanks to the guy who thinks you're too stupid to know what net neutrality is.

200 stations parrot Trumps "fake news" rhetoric - if you work for Sinclair YOU READ THE SCRIPT !

While Donald Trump spends so much time lying about the national press, it's easy to forget that there's also a longer-term conservative assault against local news stations. Sinclair Broadcast Group, which now owns more than 200 stations across the country, has been obligating anchors to run news segments and opinions pieces designed to push far-right agendas. These segments are presented alongside real news (often forcing stations to cut local reporting), usually with no indication to viewers that what they're seeing wasn't produced by the station. The goal is to force propaganda on audiences that are choosing to not watch Fox News.

What makes this more distressing is that Ajit Pai, the head of the FCC under Trump, has used a loophole to allow Sinclair to reach 72 percent of U.S. homes, up from the Congressionally-mandated cap of 39 percent. So this anti-news propaganda is beaming into three quarters of the country thanks to the guy who thinks you're too stupid to know what net neutrality is.

Bias: It's only OK when progressives do it.

Hack.

Yeah, I saw my local Sinclair affiliate news anchors reading that Orwellian speech the other day. I did not know they were being forced to do it, but it still struck me as really fucking weird at the time.

Now I know what that was.

Yeah, I saw my local Sinclair affiliate news anchors reading that Orwellian speech the other day. I did not know they were being forced to do it, but it still struck me as really fucking weird at the time.

how is it orwellian?

Did the government mandate it? Did they all promise to lie due to the government telling them to do so?

how is it orwellian?

Did the government mandate it? Did they all promise to lie due to the government telling them to do so?

Big Brother has gone corporate.

how is it orwellian?

They had to say a statement about being fair in their reporting....

Again how is that Orwellian?

how is it orwellian?

"Had to" = Forced. Like good little bots.

ALL: We. Are. Independent. (blink) We. Are. Independent. (blink) We. Think. For. Our. Selves. (blink) You. Can. Trust. Us. (blink) Bleev. Me.

how is it orwellian?

It was a company policy statement. What was so bad about it?

ALL: We. Are. Independent. (blink) We. Are. Independent. (blink) We. Think. For. Our. Selves. (blink) You. Can. Trust. Us. (blink) Bleev. Me.

Again, as I responded to the OP, "Bias is only OK when weeeeee dooooo iiiiiitttt"

Hack.

Bias: It's only OK when progressives do it.

Hack.

When did they do it?

A major news outlet owner says :"Every other outlet might be lying" memo, echoing the Asswipe in the oval office & of course the Trumpettes don't get it.

how is it orwellian?

Russian ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL. You got nothing.

A major news outlet owner says :"Every other outlet might be lying" memo, echoing the Asswipe in the oval office & of course the Trumpettes don't get it.

And how many times does the other media say Fox News may be lying?

Again, your biased butthurt over this is comical.

This country would be better off if everyone shut off their 24 hour "news" channels.

Fox news does lie., The idea you don't know it just proves what a good little Trumpette you are.

Russian ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

LOL. You got nothing.

Sinclair brainwashing their audience .. Trumps Admin breaking Congressional mandate.

(graphic insult deleted)

Last edited by a moderator:
The journalists of the United States are generally in a very humble position, with a scanty education and a vulgar turn of mind...The characteristics of the American journalist consist in an open and coarse appeal to the passions of his readers; he abandons principles to assail the characters of individuals, to track them into private life and disclose all their weaknesses and vices. - Alexis de Tocqueville

Fox news does lie., The idea you don't know it just proves what a good little Trumpette you are.

Ah, there's that bias again, you hack.

Forum List

Back