🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs

His horrendous plan would totally kill off the Department of Education

Excellent!! Where is the downside?

Exactly. Everyone knows the only way to create republican voters is to make them stupid. Worked for Todd.

The Department of Education didn't make everyone smart?
Quick, give them another trillion dollars to waste...err...invest!

Firstly, paying teachers a higher salary would motivate them to become a better teacher.
The way you become a better teacher is to be better educated yourself. Paying them more won't solve that problem.

Secondly, adults may learn English before coming to America but their kids obviously will speak the language spoken at home. You can't expect a 6 year old to know English before immigrating to America with their parents. ESL helps children to better their language skills so they can integrate more into society.
Maybe if the adult parents who are coming to America learned English BEFORE they came here, they could teach it to their kids so their kids would be able to fucking learn something instead of just looking at the teacher and wondering WTF they're saying! Ever think of that???

How is someone who just learned English going to teach someone else how to speak English. And like I said you cannot expect a 6 year old to be proficient in English. It takes time for them to become fluent in English.

I've taught ESL children before and they need to a trained teacher to become proficient in English. The way children learn language is different from how adults learn.
Are you kidding me? We can teach our kids anything else, why can't we teach them how to speak a language we already know? You have the mentality of a public school teacher and you illustrate perfectly what is wrong with our educational system. You have no idea how to teach.

Once again, more proof that the dumbing down of America's next generation is a goal of the new Republikan Party; reactionaries seek a return to the era when it was a crime to educate a slave! imagine how labor could be manipulated when reading, writing and computation was denied them, and the children of power elite were provided the best private school education subsidized by the plutocracy: Dystopian for the many, Utopian for the few.

Once again, more proof that the dumbing down of America's next generation is a goal of the new Republikan Party;

Liberals have been in charge of education since forever.
Why are results ever worsening?

Firstly, paying teachers a higher salary would motivate them to become a better teacher.
The way you become a better teacher is to be better educated yourself. Paying them more won't solve that problem.

Secondly, adults may learn English before coming to America but their kids obviously will speak the language spoken at home. You can't expect a 6 year old to know English before immigrating to America with their parents. ESL helps children to better their language skills so they can integrate more into society.
Maybe if the adult parents who are coming to America learned English BEFORE they came here, they could teach it to their kids so their kids would be able to fucking learn something instead of just looking at the teacher and wondering WTF they're saying! Ever think of that???

How is someone who just learned English going to teach someone else how to speak English. And like I said you cannot expect a 6 year old to be proficient in English. It takes time for them to become fluent in English.

I've taught ESL children before and they need to a trained teacher to become proficient in English. The way children learn language is different from how adults learn.
Are you kidding me? We can teach our kids anything else, why can't we teach them how to speak a language we already know? You have the mentality of a public school teacher and you illustrate perfectly what is wrong with our educational system. You have no idea how to teach.

If anyone could teach then why do you need a 4 year degree to do it? Most parents wouldn't even bother sending their kids to school if it was so easy to teach them skills like language and sciences.

I've been teaching English as a second language for majority of my teaching career. In the US and also abroad. So I actually have experience with ESL and I'm not just talking out of my behind.
You didn't read my post, did you? I said the PARENTS should learn English BEFORE they come here, and they should teach their kids how to speak it as well. If they can't speak the language, they should not be allowed in. It should not be OUR responsibility to teach them AFTER they get here.

If anyone could teach then why do you need a 4 year degree to do it? Most parents wouldn't even bother sending their kids to school if it was so easy to teach them skills like language and sciences.

I've been teaching English as a second language for majority of my teaching career. In the US and also abroad. So I actually have experience with ESL and I'm not just talking out of my behind.
You didn't read my post, did you? I said the PARENTS should learn English BEFORE they come here, and they should teach their kids how to speak it as well. If they can't speak the language, they should not be allowed in. It should not be OUR responsibility to teach them AFTER they get here.

Bjt how can the parents who are probably still learning English themselves teach their kids English at the same time? It's absurd to expect children of immigrants to speak English before coming to America.

Secondly there are children in this country who were born in America but do not speak English when they come to kindergarten. So what's supposed to happen to those children? I've actually taught children who started school with only knowing Spanish but were born here in America. Should those children be excluded for something they have no control over?

And like I said before speaking isn't always an issue for ESL children. Many children speak English well but have issues with reading and writing. They are sent to language support so that their reading and writing skills can be brought up to par with their classmates. Like you may have a non native English speaker in the 5th grade who speaks very well but has a 1st grade reading and writing level so they are sent to English support.

It is our responsibility to make sure every child in this country no matter what their background is to be educated.

Why is the federal government funding education? I'm pretty sure I never saw that listed as their duty in the Constitution?

Bjt how can the parents who are probably still learning English themselves teach their kids English at the same time? It's absurd to expect children of immigrants to speak English before coming to America.
No, what is absurd is you thinking we should spend millions upon millions of dollars trying to teach foreign students to speak English when their PARENTS should have done it before they came here. Would you move to Columbia without learning how to speak Spanish first, and expect them to accommodate you, speak English for you, teach your kids Spanish for you?

He wants to turn our nation into a third world religion shithole. wow, this is making STUPID!

He wants to turn our nation into a third world religion shithole

No, he wants to return third world religious nuts, Muslims, to their third world shitholes.

Read the op, please. This has nothing to do with muslims or immigrants. This proves one of my points in my other thread.

It has everything to do with immigrants. Do you have any idea how many billions illegal immigrants cost our schools and hospitals, especially in the southwest? It's been going on for decades. Our country is broke trying to support these free loaders. Time to send them packing and focus on our own people for once.

T-rump says he loves the uneducated so he will make sure there are more of them

• 8 million students every year would lose Pell grants
  • 490,000 or more teacher positions could be eliminated $1.3 trillion in student loans would be at risk
  • 9 million low-income students would lose $15 billion of Title I funding annually
  • 5 million children and students with disabilities would lose $12.7 billion used every year to ensure that they receive a quality education
  • 750,000 or more students from military families, Native American students, students living in U.S. territories, and students living on federal property or Native American lands would lose $1.1 billion per year for their school
  • 4,000 or more rural school districts would lose more than $175 million used annually to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in many hard-to-staff schools
  • $700 million used by states to support the 5 million English language learners currently in public schools—representing close to 10 percent of all students—would be cut.’
Other factors that would go by the wayside are the federal guarantees of equality in “race, income, language, and disability” in public education. A recent CBO [Congressional Budget Office] report indicated:

BREAKING: Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs (DETAILS)

God forbid people pay for their own education, right? Because borrowing money to pay for "low income" kids to go to college has really helped them succeed, right? They have a higher unemployment rate than ever before, and they are dumber than any generation before.

Many of the people on this forum cannot spell decently.
Oh,,,,dear God.....If they would do crossword puzzles it would help, or slow down when typing to proofread....

Sorrie, gilty as charged. Some device are paneful. Keeboard cover winder....or sppke sensors change words when u hit submit? But yiu can read thru it.....I will try to improve. sarcasm off. I messed this on up.

Nope, worm, what we need to do is de unionize the teachers. Make them work and receive raises on an incentive basis. We should be able to fire them based on non performance. All these union jobs and gov. Jobs are killing the taxpayers.

Freedom of association is liberty right, one more Right the crazy right wing seeks to annihilate.

But, maybe WT has a point, if one digs deeply enough? Let's fire McConnell for "non performance", Ryan for "non performance", and maybe the Congress will one day in the future have a favorable rating by their employer (we the people) of 11%.
Okay! Freedom of association. Let the teacher choose to be in a union or not. Let the taxpayers choose which they wish to hire! That's freedom of association. Our politicians are elected and can be fired, a lousy teacher with tenure? Not so much.

The taxpayer has no say, HR sets the MQ's consistent with State Law. That is why locally elected school boards exist, and why the crazy right wing evangelicals tried, and for a while succeeded, in packing school boards with evangelicals, revising history and brain washing children.
Horse shit. The schools are a failure and they are run by democrats.

So what's your solution to educating kids?

You could start by seeing what Catholic schools do right for a lot less. For one thing ...... discipline. Uniforms. I think try experiment, seperate boy, girl schools. Six days a week? If tossing money worked DET CA CHI would not be so bad.

• 490,000 or more teacher positions could be eliminated $1.3 trillion in student loans would be at risk
  • 9 million low-income students would lose $15 billion of Title I funding annually
  • 5 million children and students with disabilities would lose $12.7 billion used every year to ensure that they receive a quality education
  • 750,000 or more students from military families, Native American students, students living in U.S. territories, and students living on federal property or Native American lands would lose $1.1 billion per year for their school
  • 4,000 or more rural school districts would lose more than $175 million used annually to help improve the quality of teaching and learning in many hard-to-staff schools
  • $700 million used by states to support the 5 million English language learners currently in public schools—representing close to 10 percent of all students—would be cut.’
Other factors that would go by the wayside are the federal guarantees of equality in “race, income, language, and disability” in public education. A recent CBO [Congressional Budget Office] report indicated:

BREAKING: Trump Announces Plan To Gut Education, Eliminate 490,000 Teacher Jobs (DETAILS)

According to the American Progress Action Fund? Gee, Guno...why do I not believe a word they say?

By God, you are a total idiot. Try taking a calculus class with just those and a slide rule. That worked fifty years ago, when that was all that we had. However, today, you have to have a graphing calculator, and a good one, to take calculus in college. I know this for a fact. Took 3 quarters of calculus 45 years ago, and had to retake 4 quarters just recently. We covered far more territory with much greater understanding that we did when I took those classes 45 years ago.

In geometry and trig, those graphing calculators are wonderful, and absolutely essential in all of the science courses one is going to take.

Glad you found some dumbed down calculus class you could finally pass.

You can find crooks in any profession. But it doesn't mean you just throw away all the apples because of one bad one.

You actually want to sell the 'it's just one bad apple' lie???

And maybe if schools would give teachers decent salaries in the first place that kind of thing wouldn't happen.

They're already the highest paid day care workers around.

Many districts only give teachers raises and bonuses if their students get high marks which is ridiculous

I thought there was only one 'bad apple' ... now it's 'many' all of a sudden?

We're the only nation in the world with such policies for teachers.

We're the only nation in the world with such massive grade inflation and an academia dumber than the students it's supposed to be 'educating', and is more focused on big giant building budgets, grantsmanship, and having more administrators and 'Affirmative Action' quotas with wonderful sounding titles than teachers, and still manages to have massive dropout rates despite making it impossible to fail in many schools.

Last edited:

According to the American Progress Action Fund? Gee, Guno...why do I not believe a word they say?

Last thing Guno needs is for a meritocracy to break out; he would quickly be buried under such a cultural revolution.

You can find crooks in any profession. But it doesn't mean you just throw away all the apples because of one bad one.

You actually want to sell the 'it's just one bad apple' lie???

And maybe if schools would give teachers decent salaries in the first place that kind of thing wouldn't happen.

They're already the highest paid day care workers around.

Many districts only give teachers raises and bonuses if their students get high marks which is ridiculous

I thought there was only one 'bad apple' ... now it's 'many' all of a sudden?

We're the only nation in the world with such policies for teachers.

We're the only nation in the world with such massive grade inflation and an academia dumber than the students it's supposed to be 'educating', and is more focused on big giant building budgets, grantsmanship, and having more administrators and 'Affirmative Action' quotas with wonderful sounding titles than teachers, and still manages to have massive dropout rates despite making it impossible to fail in many schools.[/QUOTE
Freedom of association is liberty right, one more Right the crazy right wing seeks to annihilate.

But, maybe WT has a point, if one digs deeply enough? Let's fire McConnell for "non performance", Ryan for "non performance", and maybe the Congress will one day in the future have a favorable rating by their employer (we the people) of 11%.
Okay! Freedom of association. Let the teacher choose to be in a union or not. Let the taxpayers choose which they wish to hire! That's freedom of association. Our politicians are elected and can be fired, a lousy teacher with tenure? Not so much.

The taxpayer has no say, HR sets the MQ's consistent with State Law. That is why locally elected school boards exist, and why the crazy right wing evangelicals tried, and for a while succeeded, in packing school boards with evangelicals, revising history and brain washing children.
Horse shit. The schools are a failure and they are run by democrats.

So what's your solution to educating kids?

You could start by seeing what Catholic schools do right for a lot less. For one thing ...... discipline. Uniforms. I think try experiment, seperate boy, girl schools. Six days a week? If tossing money worked DET CA CHI would not be so bad.
I don't know where you live but catholic schools aren't cheap. So they have funding from tuition fees.

Considering the source, this is 100% crap.
Newsflash, There should not be a federal dept of Education. Public education is a state and local issue.
The federal government should not be meddling in the education of children because the bureaucracy in Washington has but one job, to spend money and screw up everything it touches.
Some the most well funded public school systems ( Newark, NJ with a less than 60% graduation rate) spends over $25k per year per student. 5 hours down I-95. or two hours via Acela, we have the DC school district with about the same grad rate spending nearly $28k per student per year.
The Kansas City, MO school district once spent One Billion dollars building new schools and new amenities with the idea of keeping residents capable of leaving the district from moving away and improving graduation rates and the overall quality of education, failed miserably at both,.
all three of these examples are part an parcel of "it is not possible to fix problems by throwing money at them"...
These statements in your link are mere speculation used for the sole purpose of creating voter anger. it won't work.

Considering the source, this is 100% crap.
Newsflash, There should not be a federal dept of Education. Public education is a state and local issue.
The federal government should not be meddling in the education of children because the bureaucracy in Washington has but one job, to spend money and screw up everything it touches.
Some the most well funded public school systems ( Newark, NJ with a less than 60% graduation rate) spends over $25k per year per student. 5 hours down I-95. or two hours via Acela, we have the DC school district with about the same grad rate spending nearly $28k per student per year.
The Kansas City, MO school district once spent One Billion dollars building new schools and new amenities with the idea of keeping residents capable of leaving the district from moving away and improving graduation rates and the overall quality of education, failed miserably at both,.
all three of these examples are part an parcel of "it is not possible to fix problems by throwing money at them"...
These statements in your link are mere speculation used for the sole purpose of creating voter anger. it won't work.

I really have no problem with spending money on education if it were actually effectively used, but what we have now is just a pathetic scam and payroll padding. Singapore spends a lot per capita, too, and gets fantastic results. We need to copy their model.

Forum List

Back