Trump calls political enemies ‘vermin,’ echoing dictators Hitler, Mussolini

When an individual dehumanizes another individual, it's going too far and it's counterproductive.

When a political leader publicly and repeatedly dehumanizes a group, there is profound and absolutely unavoidable historicial precedent, and it represents both a signal of intentions and a direct threat.

Either Trump's followers -- and I do mean "followers" -- know there is a serious, historical problem here, or they really do want what the world has seen before.

The question is, which one is it? They're certainly not going to tell us here.

When an individual dehumanizes another individual, it's going too far and it's counterproductive.

When a political leader publicly and repeatedly dehumanizes a group, there is profound and absolutely unavoidable historicial precedent, and it represents both a signal of intentions and a direct threat.

Either Trump's followers -- and I do mean "followers" -- know there is a serious, historical problem here, or they really do want what the world has seen before.

It was Hillay Clinton that was most likely the first modern politician to attack the supporters of a political opponent rather that the opponent when she said, "You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She GROSSLY miscalculated how divisive that was, and you are now PROJECTING that upon Trump in ANOTHER gross miscalculation.
We didn't start this, asshole mac.

"We will root out the Communists, Marxists, Fascists, and Radical Left Thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country, lie, steal, and cheat on elections, and will do anything possible, whether legally or illegally to destroy America, and the American Dream" --Donald Trump in a campaign speech

Holy Mein Kampf, Batman, Trump's been sniffing crazy glue!

“The language is the language that dictators use to instill fear,” said Timothy Naftali, a senior research scholar at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs. “When you dehumanize an opponent, you strip them of their constitutional rights to participate securely in a democracy because you’re saying they’re not human. That’s what dictators do.”
Ruth Ben-Ghiat, a historian at New York University, said in an email to The Washington Post that “calling people 'vermin’ was used effectively by Hitler and Mussolini to dehumanize people and encourage their followers to engage in violence.”
“Trump is also using projection: note that he mentions all kinds of authoritarians ‘communists, Marxists, fascists and the radical left’ to set himself up as the deliverer of freedom,” Ben-Ghiat said. “Mussolini promised freedom to his people too and then declared dictatorship.”
I seem to recall Republicans having a conniption when Hillary called them ''deplorables', but how silent they are when Trump acts like a second rate wannabe dictator.​
But Republicans love this type of rhetoric. It's not about making America Great, it's about owning the libs. Not a very good basis to run a country, and forget about unity, not with this guy.​
He's making plans, if he regains office.....​

Trump planning sweeping raids, detention camps, and mass deportations if re-elected in 2025, NYT reports​

Trump is going to lose middle America, now he's getting scary.​

Pinochet ‘24

It was Hillay Clinton that was most likely the first modern politician to attack the supporters of a political opponent rather that the opponent when she said, "You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.”

She GROSSLY miscalculated how divisive that was, and you are now PROJECTING that upon Trump in ANOTHER gross miscalculation.
Hillary also said Barack was Born in Kenya

I know you won't understand this, but that is not dehumanization.

Your rage and hatred are controlling you, and they are enabling something ugly that the world has seen before.

I don't think people like you will ever understand what you are supporting, unless you do when it's too late.

Your rage and hatred are controlling you, and they are enabling something ugly that the world has seen before.

I don't think people like you will ever understand what you are supporting, unless you do when it's too late.
PROJECTION

mods, we NEED a clown emoji for moments like this!

Trump should send Progressives to reeducation camps, right?

Mostly republicans are the vermin to Trump that need exterminating.... Bill Barr, all of Whitehouse counsel, Brad Raffensberger, governor Kent, Cassie Hutchinson, Mark Meadows, Jenna Ellis, Rusty Bowers, Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, Mitt Romney, Mike Pence, Chris Christy, James Comey, Jeff Sessions, Ron DeSantis, Michael Cohen, Mitch McConnell, Gen Mattis etc etc etc

Anyone who told Trump he was wrong, when he was wrong.

Ok, so he called them a name..he calls a lot of people names. Do you honestly think he has a plan to round these people up and kill them? I was listening to progressive radio yesterday and the host was actually telling his audience that that’s what he thought trump was going to do. He told them that trump, by calling them vermin, was going to exterminate them. I mean, talk about incitement and radicalizing your base. That’s it. He’s telling his listeners these things, causing hate and division.

This is America, not Germany. Our country was founded on and adheres to a different set of rules than Germany. We’re no going to be a dictatorship and nobody is going to round up people and start killing them.

What you don't get, is Epps is ALL YOURS....!!!!

He has never been a democrat, and you should be upset with him and the crowd he hung with, and what he called for....

Instead of blaming Epps for being one of yours, you had to make up shit and lies about him, that he was some FBI agent or operative etc...

You hang out with and support really awful people....imo.....please spend a moment thinking about that....

-----------

And YES, Trump did do all those things numbered.....every damn one of them!

Hmm…if Epps is “one of ours”, then why isn’t he sitting in a jail cell with all the other “insurrectionists”? Why didn’t the committee even acknowledge him? He was on video, telling people to go into the capitol, trying to put that idea into their heads…and nobody wanted to even talk to him. Later he plead guilty to a misdemeanor charge. That sure was an easy out for him.

You hang out with and support really awful people....imo.....please spend a moment thinking about that....

Yeah, let’s talk about that. Just who is it, exactly, that you think I hang out with and support? I mean other than the numerous times I’ve said I’m not a trump supporter…so..what “group” do you think I’m a part of?

Instead of blaming Epps for being one of yours, you had to make up shit and lies about him, that he was some FBI agent or operative etc...

Well, if he was “one of ours”, he sure did get the kids gloves treatment by the democrat controlled J6 committee…they didn’t even call him to testify about his very obvious incitement of the crowd that day…why is that?

Wow..just wow..

Deplorables…..”threat to the country”…those aren’t dehumanizing? Have you ever spoken out against those comments?

Or how about this running narrative that republicans/Christian/white people are all racist/misogynist/homophobes …that’s not dehumanizing? Have you ever spoken out against that?

Trump, referring to how some democrats live, as vermin, is mild compared to the ongoing attacks the left levies against the right.

Wow..just wow..

Deplorables…..”threat to the country”…those aren’t dehumanizing? Have you ever spoken out against those comments?

Or how about this running narrative that republicans/Christian/white people are all racist/misogynist/homophobes …that’s not dehumanizing? Have you ever spoken out against that?

Trump, referring to how some democrats live, as vermin, is mild compared to the ongoing attacks the left levies against the right.
Okay, got it.

So…whatever the left says about the right, that’s never dehumanizing, that can only ever be applied to the rights comments about the left???

And to the straw man arguments we go.

I was just quoting YOU. You apparently feel that calling people deplorable is not dehumanizing. So, it would appear that you believe that only the right is capable of that. That’s not strawman, that’s just simple observation.

Forum List

Back